Roger Rabbit mini-land in the future for DHS

Is going to be a new Roger Rabbit mini land coming to DHS soon?

• Yes

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 171 91.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

pdude81

What was called an "expansion pad" is what I'd call cast parking. There are necessary back-of-the-house functions you cant just convert into guest attractions. It would be as if you just turned your kitchen, laundry or bathroom into more sitting areas. It would provide some functionality, but remove necessary functions from your abode.

View attachment 653729
Sure but the way they've locked up that park, it's the most reasonable expansion area other than chopping up animation courtyard. So you wouldn't demo the kitchen and laundry if you still needed those things right in that spot. You would either be converting the whole deal into something else (e.g. house into offices), or add on to put those necessary functions in a more desireable (and perhaps larger) space.

Cmdr_Crimson

What was called an "expansion pad" is what I'd call cast parking. There are necessary back-of-the-house functions you cant just convert into guest attractions. It would be as if you just turned your kitchen, laundry or bathroom into more sitting areas. It would provide some functionality, but remove necessary functions from your abode.

View attachment 653729
I think it's time for Muppet Labs to "Grab Hold" of the future by making The Great Muppet Time Machine..
f1516028-61e7-4769-85f7-df8061c672a2_text.gif

aladdin2007

someone correct me if wrong , but I believe there is still a sizeable expansion pad behind the farmers market on sunset, between it and the rocknroller show building. that was the original plan for rabbit. or maybe before rocknroller came along.

J4546

The entire nw quadrant is an expansion pad, demo the animation building for main entrance to land from central courtyard and make a loop that connects back to sunset. A massive marvel themed land would be my first choice bit disney needs to get the character rights for it to really make sense imo

Disney Maddux

In my perfect world, this is the DHS Phase 3 we would be getting right now:

-Star Tours rethemed to Roger Rabbit's Toon Trolley, the area behind it constructed into a completely faithful revival of 'Maroon Studios: Roger Rabbit's Hollywood'.

-Epic Stunt Spectacular kept, early blue sky plans for an Indiana Jones land behind it revived (except with a boat ride rather than an alternated IJA).

-Animation Courtyard completely flattened, it along with the expansion pad leading up to RnRC finally used for a new land. Whether that's Pixar Pier with the long-awaited MI door coaster, or a new land altogether, just finally use it and make a loop back to Sunset Boulevard.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
In my perfect world, this is the DHS Phase 3 we would be getting right now:

-Star Tours rethemed to Roger Rabbit's Toon Trolley, the area behind it constructed into a completely faithful revival of 'Maroon Studios: Roger Rabbit's Hollywood'.

-Epic Stunt Spectacular kept, early blue sky plans for an Indiana Jones land behind it revived (except with a boat ride rather than an alternated IJA).

-Animation Courtyard completely flattened, it along with the expansion pad leading up to RnRC finally used for a new land. Whether that's Pixar Pier with the long-awaited MI door coaster, or a new land altogether, just finally use it and make a loop back to Sunset Boulevard.
I'd loved to see you'll do revival of Maroon Studios: Roger Rabbit's Hollywood project.

The Great Gonzo

I don't think it would be worth it for Disney because of rights issues. If they owned Roger outright it would be a perfect compliment to the park, but they don't.

SpectreJordan

I'd love to see a Roger ride brought to WDW, but I don't think it really needs a land dedicated to it. I don't know how much land there is, but I think it'd fit well on Hollywood Studios; maybe it could replace BATB?

thomas998

If you really wanted Roger Rabbit you should have gone to DL when he was there in toontown... Although I think they will keep the ride in the revamped Toontown in 2023, but without Jessica because she was not considered woke enough and has been eliminated along with the lady in red on the Pirates ride.

aladdin2007

If you really wanted Roger Rabbit you should have gone to DL when he was there in toontown... Although I think they will keep the ride in the revamped Toontown in 2023, but without Jessica because she was not considered woke enough and has been eliminated along with the lady in red on the Pirates ride.
I was wondering if they were keeping that ride, but agree if they do they were turning it woke or seemed like that was the case a year ago, dont know where it stands now.

thomas998

I was wondering if they were keeping that ride, but agree if they do they were turning it woke or seemed like that was the case a year ago, dont know where it stands now.
I remain amazed at how they randomly sanitize rides in Disney, focusing in on some things, then completely ignoring others that for some people are more offensive than what they seem to think needs to be removed. Frankly I would prefer they stopped trying to sanitize any of the rides as they are what they are, and if you want to sanitize the rides for various groups in the end you will end up with the most bland rides imaginable.

hismattjesty

The attraction will be in the new Toontown, and Jessica is still in it as well. The only change that was made, is she was removed from the trunk of the car, and is now standing in a yellow detective jacket (if I'm remembering the color correctly).

Cmdr_Crimson

The attraction will be in the new Toontown, and Jessica is still in it as well. The only change that was made, is she was removed from the trunk of the car, and is now standing in a yellow detective jacket (if I'm remembering the color correctly).
Yep, and this is also a little nod to Dick Tracy since Disney still owns that character too.

aladdin2007

that ride would have been so perfect at hollywood studios, it could really use a dark ride, always did. but I mean a classic dark ride like this style.

thomas998

Well a little Jessica is better than none, though I had heard she was not going to be in the new 2023 version. Hope you are correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom