Rock'n Rollercoaster Construction Photos

WDWTestDummy

Original Poster
I was searching the web, and I found pics of RnR when it was under construction, it shows somewhat of what the track layout looks like, but its pretty neat non the less

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

EDIT: I found 3 more pics, 2 are construction pics, and one is an arial photo. They are a little blurry and a bit smaller

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

ogryn

WDWTestDummy said:
Where is it? The link takes you to spider man in holland.. I don't see the track layout

It is exactly the same ride... although R'n'RC is inside, and that is outside.

DarkMeasures

There is no cobra roll on Rock N Rollercoaster. There is an inversion like M&M's Sea Serphent but I forgot what Vekoma calls that inversion.

Anyway, Good reference pics of the rollercoaster. Thanks.

chrisps

I think those are great picters of rock n roller coaster's tracklayout I aways wanted to see the tracklayout of the coaster. I like the pictere of the rollover inverson I think that it looks neat and alot of fun. I rode this coaster alot but never saw the tracklayout but I chould kind of figer out wich way the track was going after the lunch I kind of findered that it went into a loop and then into another loop.

ogryn said:
It is exactly the same ride... although R'n'RC is inside, and that is outside.

Really shows how much of a huge difference theming obviously makes...

Are there any other Disney coasters in different parks like that. Did imagineers have no say in track layout then?

ulto22

If I saw those pictures before I rode it It would not be my favorite ride. it looks nothin like what you feel. I almost barfed looking at those pictures:hurl:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Julius & Boobah said:
Really shows how much of a huge difference theming obviously makes...

Are there any other Disney coasters in different parks like that. Did imagineers have no say in track layout then?

WDI designed the track in partnership with Vekoma, but part of the agreement was that it could be reused. Obviously the non-Disney version is a very poor relation compared to the RnR's, so the shared track system isnt really much of an issue.

Tim G

WDWTestDummy said:
Where is it? The link takes you to spider man in holland.. I don't see the track layout
A very tiny correction :D :D :D

The ride is named: Superman The Ride
The Park was called then: Sixflags Holland (now taken over by some other)

Thanks!:cool:

Madison

Julius & Boobah said:

Goofy's Barnstormer at the Magic Kingdom and Gadget's Go-Coaster at both Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland are nearly the same as a standard Vekoma Roller Skater coaster. The differences are minor, relatively speaking, and include a different lift mechanism and an added transfer track and storage spur.

Madison

RonAnnArbor said:
THere are actually many parks that have this exact ride - only the disney parks have theirs inside.

There have been only three installations of this particular track layout -- the original at Disney-MGM Studios in Florida, the second as Superman: The Ride at Six Flags Holland and the third as Rockin' Roller Coaster at Disney Studios Paris.

Rob562

Does anyone remember when RnR was supposed to be David Copperfield themed?

I remember when those construction pictures were taken, looking at the roller coaster from riding the top of ToT.

There was a big sign outside of MGM that had the David Copperfield logo, and talked about COMING SOON.

The coaster was never going to be David Copperfield themed.

The billboard you're referring to was advertising the upcoming "David Copperfield's Magic Underground" restaurant that was supposed to be built at the Studios. But at some point DC pulled out due to financing issues and the billboard went away.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom