Rock'n Roller Coaster starring... KISS?

The90skid

Original Poster
I think the thread title speaks for itself! :rolleyes: KISS is a band with so much charisma and silliness that I think they should definitely have the coaster! Plus, you gotta admit, their songs are pretty dang catchy too. :cool: I wanted to use this idea for my weekly thread "With a smile and a song...", but I had another idea that I liked even better (which ya'll should totally check out!), so I wanted to make a thread for this idea as well as for other ideas for changing Rock'n Roller Coaster. Any thoughts?

DisneyFans4Life

Another idea would be to rotate the Rock Stars who host the ride
That would be awesome, but I don't know how they'd do that as far as royalties go. I have to think that Aerosmith is getting some kind of kickback for having their name on the ride?

If you could have other bands, they would need to be well known so the foreigners aren't like "?" I could see Def Leppard, Guns N Roses, The Beatles all being bands that could be incorporated. Nothing like taking a speeding limo to "Paradise City."

The90skid

Original Poster
That would be awesome, but I don't know how they'd do that as far as royalties go. I have to think that Aerosmith is getting some kind of kickback for having their name on the ride?

If you could have other bands, they would need to be well known so the foreigners aren't like "***?" I could see Def Leppard, Guns N Roses, The Beatles all being bands that could be incorporated. Nothing like taking a speeding limo to "Paradise City."
How about taking a limo to DETROIT ROCK CITY?? Lol, if you can't tell I like Kiss. I think Kiss is still a pretty well known band, and tbh, I think they are more well known than Aerosmith.

champdisney

A KISS version of RNRC would kick some serious a$$! Has anyone seen the greatness of the KISS/Scooby-Doo crossover? That in itself would make a great attraction.

The90skid

Original Poster
A KISS version of RNRC would kick some serious a$$! Has anyone seen the greatness of the KISS/Scooby-Doo crossover? That in itself would make a great attraction.
Yes! Did you know that it is loosely based on an actual made for tv movie that KISS made back in the day?

EnergyKing

Aerosmith and Kiss are mediocre. That said, I'm pretty much against any band being the subject of a ride because it's so incredibly random and guaranteed to date at some point. However, the only bands I could see having the most longevity and historical importance would be either The Rolling Stones or The Beatles, the latter which will never happen. Or they could just make it an L.A. in the 60's and 70's theme and have a mix of artists and songs. This would never happen (for obvious reasons), but wouldn't it be pretty wicked riding to "Helter Skelter"?

The90skid

Original Poster
Aerosmith and Kiss are mediocre. That said, I'm pretty much against any band being the subject of a ride because it's so incredibly random and guaranteed to date at some point. However, the only bands I could see having the most longevity and historical importance would be either The Rolling Stones or The Beatles, the latter which will never happen. Or they could just make it an L.A. in the 60's and 70's theme and have a mix of artists and songs. This would never happen (for obvious reasons), but wouldn't it be pretty wicked riding to "Helter Skelter"?
Like you said, that would probably never happen lol.

EnergyKing

I know I don't say this enough, but a classical music roller coaster would be off the hook (maybe with a little Fantasia influence). Not for Hollywood Studios, obviously, but maybe World Showcase? Germany? (Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, etc.) Okay, and if it's not a rollercoaster, then perhaps some kind of moving vehicle while images wash over to sublime compositions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom