Rock N Rollercoaster starring Katy Perry?!

Bairstow

Rock n Rollercoaster Starring Katy Perry
giphy.gif
Only if the preshow is just an animatronic of this kid:

409-149551528583-swish-swish.gif

raymusiccity

Disney's trying to do a cheap, "value-oriented", "de-risked" American Idol reboot. What could go wrong???

As for the possibility of theme park tie-ins... :banghead: I could deal with RnRC without Aerosmith, as long as it's still **rock and roll**. Adding a bunch of bubble gum pop or country singers to it would seriously decrease my desire to ride to the point where I wouldn't care if I rode it or not.

A simple seasonal overlay would keep everyone happy and keep the ride fresh. Here's an easy theme for Halloween, or April Fools!!
IMG_2191.JPG

mitchk

Put on three glasses so that on a sharp turn you have whipped cream shooting off her ***** like on the one music video. More PC than Steven Tyler's flipping the bird...

Lol, I love it :D But Steven didn't flip us the bird, it was another hand gesture that was more offensive.... not to me, but I guess some other guests :cautious:

OliveMcFly

What would you all think if they took classic Disney songs, had famous rock bands record them and reboot it has a Disney RNRC?

ppete1975

Id love to see a holiday version... a classic Christmas song overlay... a nightmare before Christmas Halloween, a mickeys Christmas carol

although honestly it would make an amazing star wars ride... some john Williams music a few screens.. super cheap and would be cool...

Bairstow

"The American Idol-coaster, starring the flavor of the month!" It could be refreshed quarterly, to reflect the changing one-hit wonder-of-the-moment. It'll draw like gangbusters!! (Said no one, ever)

This actually sounds kind of great.
Maybe not American Idol, but a new group every 3 months would be welcome. This could actually be really easy to implement too- all they would need to do is shoot a new preshow video (replace the IMax screen with 4k projection or an OLED screen) with the group of the moment and have someone cut together 3-4 on-ride music tracks. Or heck, have the "starring" artist change over every two hours or so. As long as the front signage (light board) preshow, and music tracks were synced up people would get it. Or if it has to be American Idol, maybe they could even have park guests vote on the next hour's artists via an app or Twitter or something.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
"The American Idol-coaster, starring the flavor of the month!" It could be refreshed quarterly, to reflect the changing one-hit wonder-of-the-moment. It'll draw like gangbusters!! (Said no one, ever)

The IP business development team thinks this would be a brillant idea replace sets with projectors and the can then theme it to High School Musical $VERSION_ID as necessary...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
According to TMZ, it's a possibility as part of the issues they are having with the American Idol reboot:

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/09/07/american-idol-judge-search-budget-restrictions-disney/

Actually, according to TMZ, it wouldn't be Katy Perry, but some other artist that they would have to pay in-kind in a promotional deal.

But in the end, we all know Idol will go with some one-time A-lister who is now a B- or C-Lister who has name recognition but not a gig.

And the story is not logical in that the cost to re-overlay RnRC would be about the same to just simply pay a big-name artist. Parks and Rec isn't going to spend $10 million dollars for an overlay because an ABC reboot can't afford it and then get virtually no reward for doing so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom