Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Metallica (Idea)

Metal_Maximus

Original Poster
Hear me out. I absolutely love the ride as it is. The whole story is great and Aerosmith has got to be one of my favorite bands but every now and then I ask myself what it would be like of they replaced Aerosmith with another band. What band would it be? I answer that with the new band being Metallica. So here's my whole idea for this giant redo.

Outside and queue line.
As we walk towards the outside of the ride, we immediately notice change. The first major thing being that the Fender Stratocaster that was once outside has been replaced with an Explorer shape guitar. We get in line begin noticing plastic crates with metal outlining that have the Metallica logo on them and we quickly realize we are backstage at a Metallica concert. As we move further in line, we pass James' and Kirk's guitar racks and effects racks. We also pass Lars' drum kit which looked like it was in the middle of being moved. Oh and I forgot to mention that all the CM's working this attraction look as if they are part of Metallica's tour crew. We finally reach the end of the queue line and move into the pre show.

Preshow: We move into a tiny room known as the roadies room. We see a young kid that looks around 16. He stops in front of us and tells us his name is Trip and that he is currently Metallica's youngest roadie. He has told us that we are here today for an assignment that he's been assigned, but he wants to see the show, so he is sending us to do it for him. The band needs something important and they need it before the show so he is sending us to retrieve it. He tell us that it will be a long trip so he is giving us permission to use one of James' fastest cars. He is suddenly called over by someone and tells us he has to go. He wishes us luck before leaving. We are led out of the room by the CM and we now head to the station to be boarded.

Station:
We pass some more crates on our way to be boarded. The station will still be located backstage still, instead of out in a back alley with a parking garage. We watch as a nice Hot Rod looking car pulls up (James' other hobby besides making music is Cars. Whether it's building or driving cars, he doesn't care) and we are boarded. After we get our harnesses checked and everything is good, we depart.

Ride:
As we pull out of the station, we hear a voice come over the speakers and it's a Radio DJ that tells us in Honor of Metallica playing right here in Florida, he's playing the best of (Insert Any Of Metallica's First 5 Album's Here). This is where it gets interesting. Each of the 5 vehicles will have unique ride experiences themed to each of Metallica's first 5 albums. So let me explain each ride experience.

Album: Kill 'Em All
Songs: Hit The Lights, Whiplash, and Seek and Destroy
Ride Experience: As we pull up to the tunnel we see nothing but black but as we launch into the darkness with Hit The Lights blaring in our ears, we suddenly see the walls of the tunnel are now splattered in "Blood" and we see a giant hammer to our upper left like on the cover of the album and as we go through the ride, we see that hammer pop up everywhere and flashes of red light.

Album: Ride The Lightning
Songs: Ride The Lightning, For Whom The Bell Tolls, and the last half of Fade To Black.
Ride Experience: The beginning is the same only this time when we launch, the walls look as if lightning is crawling and right before we go into the inverted cobra roll, we see the electric chair from the album cover with lightning all around. As we go through the ride, we see various bolts of lightning and flashes of white and blue.

Album: Master Of Puppets
Songs: Master Of Puppets, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), and Orion.
Ride Experience: Again, the beginning is the same but the launch tunnel theme is the album cover, which is a bunch of crosses in rows. A graveyard if you will. You launch past these crosses and see a pair of hands puppeteering above at the end of the tunnel. You don't pass anything juts see flashes of orange lights.

Album:...And Justice For All
Songs: ...And Justice For All, One, and Harvester Of Sorrow
Ride Experience: So the tunnel theme this time is as goes, You launch and the walls look to be cracked marble and we see Lady Justice being pulled down by ropes. You pass her several times and you also pass flashes of green lights.

Album: Metallica a.k.a The Black Album
Songs: Enter Sandman, Wherever I May Roam, and The Unforgiven
Ride Experience: The tunnel is pitch black and as we launch, it stays pitch black except at the end, we see the Snake from the album cover hanging above us and we pass that same snake several times in the ride.

Gift Shop:
As we unload into the backstage themed gift shop, we see several Metallica related items and we also see some Disney stuff to. As we got to get our picture, we notice that the picture is themed to our ride experience. Meaning that it is themed to a specific album!

So that's what my 14 year old mind came up with. Fell free to criticize or even fix it up a bit. Any positive or negative feedback is accepted, seeing as how this isn't the best idea. Also, sorry for any spelling errors. I'm in a rush so I wasn't exactly focusing on my spelling but more on getting this thing finished.

Oh and BTW, I'm new here so I look forward to posting more often. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
Hear me out. I absolutely love the ride as it is. The whole story is great and Aerosmith has got to be one of my favorite bands but every now and then I ask myself what it would be like of they replaced Aerosmith with another band. What band would it be? I answer that with the new band being Metallica. So here's my whole idea for this giant redo.

Outside and queue line.
As we walk towards the outside of the ride, we immediately notice change. The first major thing being that the Fender Stratocaster that was once outside has been replaced with an Explorer shape guitar. We get in line begin noticing plastic crates with metal outlining that have the Metallica logo on them and we quickly realize we are backstage at a Metallica concert. As we move further in line, we pass James' and Kirk's guitar racks and effects racks. We also pass Lars' drum kit which looked like it was in the middle of being moved. Oh and I forgot to mention that all the CM's working this attraction look as if they are part of Metallica's tour crew. We finally reach the end of the queue line and move into the pre show.

Preshow: We move into a tiny room known as the roadies room. We see a young kid that looks around 16. He stops in front of us and tells us his name is Trip and that he is currently Metallica's youngest roadie. He has told us that we are here today for an assignment that he's been assigned, but he wants to see the show, so he is sending us to do it for him. The band needs something important and they need it before the show so he is sending us to retrieve it. He tell us that it will be a long trip so he is giving us permission to use one of James' fastest cars. He is suddenly called over by someone and tells us he has to go. He wishes us luck before leaving. We are led out of the room by the CM and we now head to the station to be boarded.

Station:
We pass some more crates on our way to be boarded. The station will still be located backstage still, instead of out in a back alley with a parking garage. We watch as a nice Hot Rod looking car pulls up (James' other hobby besides making music is Cars. Whether it's building or driving cars, he doesn't care) and we are boarded. After we get our harnesses checked and everything is good, we depart.

Ride:
As we pull out of the station, we hear a voice come over the speakers and it's a Radio DJ that tells us in Honor of Metallica playing right here in Florida, he's playing the best of (Insert Any Of Metallica's First 5 Album's Here). This is where it gets interesting. Each of the 5 vehicles will have unique ride experiences themed to each of Metallica's first 5 albums. So let me explain each ride experience.

Ride Experience: As we pull up to the tunnel we see nothing but black but as we launch into the darkness with Hit The Lights blaring in our ears, we suddenly see the walls of the tunnel are now splattered in "Blood" and we see a giant hammer to our upper left like on the cover of the album and as we go through the ride, we see that hammer pop up everywhere and flashes of red light.

Songs: Ride The Lightning, For Whom The Bell Tolls, and the last half of Fade To Black.
Ride Experience: The beginning is the same only this time when we launch, the walls look as if lightning is crawling and right before we go into the inverted cobra roll, we see the electric chair from the album cover with lightning all around. As we go through the ride, we see various bolts of lightning and flashes of white and blue.

Ride Experience: Again, the beginning is the same but the launch tunnel theme is the album cover, which is a bunch of crosses in rows. A graveyard if you will. You launch past these crosses and see a pair of hands puppeteering above at the end of the tunnel. You don't pass anything juts see flashes of orange lights.

Ride Experience: So the tunnel theme this time is as goes, You launch and the walls look to be cracked marble and we see Lady Justice being pulled down by ropes. You pass her several times and you also pass flashes of green lights.

Ride Experience: The tunnel is pitch black and as we launch, it stays pitch black except at the end, we see the Snake from the album cover hanging above us and we pass that same snake several times in the ride.

Gift Shop:
As we unload into the backstage themed gift shop, we see several Metallica related items and we also see some Disney stuff to. As we got to get our picture, we notice that the picture is themed to our ride experience. Meaning that it is themed to a specific album!

So that's what my 14 year old mind came up with. Fell free to criticize or even fix it up a bit. Any positive or negative feedback is accepted, seeing as how this is the best idea. Also, sorry for any spelling error's. I'm in a rush so I wasn't exactly focusing on my spelling but more on getting this thing finished.

Oh and BTW, I'm new here so I look forward to posting more often. Thanks for reading!
That would be neat but I wish Disney wouldn't stick to one band. It's for the most part a generic ride with Aerosmith elements. I say give it a new film and music every year or so and you can bring in ppl to see what's changed. Maybe change the lighting effects and props. But you could rock n roller coaster with metallic, the Beatles, no doubt. There are unlimited option and bands would love the exposure

dolce20

I'm a mega Metallica fan and massive Disney geek...but I'm not sure the two can be mixed for the general population (although I'd love it).

olinecoach61

Outside and queue line.

Station:

Ride:

Gift Shop:

So that's what my 14 year old mind came up with. Fell free to criticize or even fix it up a bit. Any positive or negative feedback is accepted, seeing as how this is the best idea. Also, sorry for any spelling error's. I'm in a rush so I wasn't exactly focusing on my spelling but more on getting this thing finished.

Welcome aboard!

Metal_Maximus

Original Poster
Thank you all for all your feedback. It really is appreciated. I'm glad to see I'm not the only Metallica fan on the forums. Also, thanks for the welcomes!

Clamman73

I would do the intro to "Fuel" at the beginning when the ride starts..."Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire" and then you're off doing loops...

Then maybe some Air Supply playing in the gift shop area. ;)

Blake Cullum

Great idea, but I have a suggestion- for and justice for all, with the song One, have the machine gun and artillery fire that they do at the concerts, and have the coaster get really crazy and explosions and stuff at the fast paced part of that song

RedtoGray

First and foremost, I'm always a fan of more rock in my favorite place in the world. I think you have a great idea for a ride that is getting a little dated. It would be great to get an update before the ride goes the way of Ellen's Universe of Energy. The intro with "Fuel" that Clamman73 suggested would be awesome.

Let me offer another idea. I think Metallica would be awesome but I'm not sure if Disney execs would pull the trigger. What if the band was the Foo Fighters? I think they have the worldwide appeal that's needed and they are a great rock band that isn't considered a "classic" rock band. Plus, Grohl is really funny and could add some character to the pre- and post-show. I'll have to give some thought as to what songs to include.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom