Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith vs Test Track

Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Better ride?
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith | Hollywood Studios Attractions  | Walt Disney World Resort

Test Track | Epcot Attractions | Walt Disney World Resort

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Rockin Roller Coaster by a landslide. I’d argue that the attention to detail in the queue for rockin is REMARKABLE in comparison to test track.

Also, launch shoot, upside down, and good music.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Again from a thrill seekers point of view you'll get a lot for RNRC.
RNRC is my pick.
The music and the theme plus that 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds launch straight into a loop? Amazing! And if it the Love in a Roller Coaster ending its even better!
TT 1.0 would have made this more of a competition but TT 2.0 gets a skip from me if it keeps going down, I don't have a FP+, or the SB line is longer than 45 minutes.

Lilofan

Many will never experience the rush of 0-60 in a Lamborghini Aventador in 2.9 seconds. RnR is the alternative when the ride car blasts off at the starting point.

Robbydj13

I liked the original Test Track before the changes....the new one just doesn't feel the same even though its pretty much the same...

Pepper's Ghost

Gotta admit I prefer Soarin' Around the World. Don't hate me lol.
Nah, I wouldn't hate you for preferring SAtW. I would question your judgement though. 🤣 Just kidding. Something about SoC struck a chord with me on an emotional level. Can't explain it, but I'm actually happy to hear that there's at least one person who enjoys riding the ride as it is now. 😁 lol, again... kidding.

mergatroid

I liked the original Test Track before the changes....the new one just doesn't feel the same even though its pretty much the same...

I think the idea of making it futuristic and dare I say more 'Tron like' was a good one. However if they're going to do that then they should have gone all out and done it properly. It's hard not to feel like they didn't change it enough, but they probably were restricted by the budget they were given. I still enjoy the attraction, but it's more for the outside part at the end which always has me grinning.

Robbydj13

I think the idea of making it futuristic and dare I say more 'Tron like' was a good one. However if they're going to do that then they should have gone all out and done it properly. It's hard not to feel like they didn't change it enough, but they probably were restricted by the budget they were given. I still enjoy the attraction, but it's more for the outside part at the end which always has me grinning.
I understand, but I am also one that hasn't been a fan of a lot of the remodels....Spaceship Earth was ruined to me, as well as several others.. I still enjoy them, but I miss the old ones.

Pepper's Ghost

I just don't think it's a cohesive story anymore. It used to be a test facility, and it made sense. Now it's just driving around in a dark Tron environment. What does it mean anymore? Did the budget allow them only to turn out the lights and add neon or something? Very bad budget if that's the case, or maybe they didn't spend the money they got in the right places? I would've preferred they spend ALL of their budget slapping Chevy's name all over everything, and leaving the ride alone.

Robbydj13

I just don't think it's a cohesive story anymore. It used to be a test facility, and it made sense. Now it's just driving around in a dark Tron environment. What does it mean anymore? Did the budget allow them only to turn out the lights and add neon or something? Very bad budget if that's the case, or maybe they didn't spend the money they got in the right places? I would've preferred they spend ALL of their budget slapping Chevy's name all over everything, and leaving the ride alone.
I definitely agree there, the story/theme is odd. I really love the ride, but the re-theming was unnecessary.

mergatroid

Yes I agree, the 'story' has gone or I just completely miss the new story. The track and layout were designed for the story originally. The hill climbs at different speeds, going through hot and cold tests, the anti-lock brake tests and then the speed test at the end. Without the story the only one that still fits is the part where the hot and cold test was where now you see the aerodynamics tested to some degree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom