Rock n Coaster Queen revamp?

Bairstow

The songs seem to be a good portion of the loop. I’m pretty sure they’re cover versions.
Why would they need to be?
Disney has a blanket ASCAP license. Playing songs covered by ASCAP as background music is no problem.

That's how Disney sometimes plays Harry Potter and Jurassic Park music in the Studios (for after-hours parties or whatever).

It's using those songs as part of a new work or public performance (like a roller coaster preshow or onboard audio) or using the name of the band or likenesses of the performers, that requires separate licensing which can get super-expensive and/or require specific negotiation.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Why would they need to be?
Disney has a blanket ASCAP license. Playing songs covered by ASCAP as background music is no problem.

I don’t know how to answer that question. It was a mere observation. Those live recordings of Queen songs being played in the loop don’t sound like “classic” Queen. It definitely wasn’t Freddie Mercury’s voice. Perhaps they were recent recordings with Adam Lambert?

Tanna Eros

I don’t know how to answer that question. It was a mere observation. Those live recordings of Queen songs being played in the loop don’t sound like “classic” Queen. It definitely wasn’t Freddie Mercury’s voice. Perhaps they were recent recordings with Adam Lambert?
That makes sense. I take it the vocals didn't have that Buddhist monk thing going on?

Jimmy Thick

Aerosmith is by far a bigger name compared to Queen. It would be a huge downgrade in terms of star power.

If you look at it only The Rolling Stones, Beatles, Elvis, The Eagles and maybe Led Zeppelin could be considered an upgrade of Aerosmith.

Bairstow

Aerosmith is by far a bigger name compared to Queen. It would be a huge downgrade in terms of star power.

If you look at it only The Rolling Stones, Beatles, Elvis, The Eagles and maybe Led Zeppelin could be considered an upgrade of Aerosmith.

Maybe I'm just too old but I can't wrap my head around Aerosmith being bigger than Queen.

images

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I love Queen but.....

Their resurgence has been based on the biopic. Five years from now if/when the buzz dies down everybody starts saying it's stale and needs a re-theme.

I say stick to the Rock N Roll theme but get rid of Aerosmith. You can do tie-in's with numerous bands. Think: January - March, the pre-ride show was about 90's Grunge and the music playing was that of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains. Then hit April - June and it shifts to 80's Hair metal with Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison (I'd like to cruise through RnR listening to "Nothin' but a Good Time").

They could shoot new (or get existing) footage from some of the bands, create special "limited edition" merchandising, and who knows, maybe even get a couple bands to play the Hollywood Amphitheater (obviously at an up-charge). I think that'd be pretty cool. They could keep it fresh and explore entire genres or focus on singular bands. It would all be a seasonal/limited time only thing. Kinda like a Vegas Residency.

Last edited:

MAGICFLOP

Perhaps a compromise, they say that inside of Germany pavilion they had built the line queue for the river ride, how about piping Queen music to that queue line?

Seriously though, they should continue the trend and change the music to the Star Wars theme..

JIMINYCR

How much do you think using one band over another really matters? After all, its the thrill of the ride thats hooked guests. There are many different bands with well known songs and songs that could easily connect as much excitement as Aerosmith's music. At the end of the day if band A, B or C replaces Aerosmith, there will be some grumbling from the attraction purists who hate any change, while IMHO the majority of guests wont give a hoot. Its the thrill of the ride itself that brings the joy and keeps the line building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom