Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be Re-Themed?

Jones14

😧. I hope this means they’re opening up the area from Launch Bay to the coaster. But that wording also made it seem like the entrance from sunset would be no more which would make yet another dead end in the park.
I doubt they’d close off the current entrance entirely, since there’s really nothing to gain from it. If anything, it could help with routing crowds to and from Tower more efficiently when Fantasmic’s crowds are lining up.

OK, I'm going out on a far limb and tangent here...

We all know Rock n Roller Coaster has been having these re-theming rumors for a while. We also know Tower is getting refurbished in its current form, thankfully!! It's too iconic to make over anyhow despite the Marvel makeover in California.

That being said...I know there are a lot of Marvel characters who are off-limits at WDW. What is the status of Captain Marvel? I know she's newer to the MCU (but not Marvel itself) and given her recent movie and the fact Aerosmith is old news, what are the odds of Captain Marvel being the theme of a new RNRC? Same ride and track, but Captain Marvel theming.

Not sure if she's permitted at WDW or not, but if they did remove Aerosmith, I'd like to see her theme this ride.

matt9112

After seeing Endgame last night, I wish Disney could do the Avengers coaster here as well. No breaking up theming by having a SHIELD headquarters on Sunset Boulevard. Darn Universal!

it would most certainly destroy the vibe....unless there zero theming or signage of any kind.....universal is this parks saving grace. universals contract is the only thing saving this park from having been cut in half and a giant marvel ATM machine plopped down...oh i meant rides and attractions yeah....

matt9112

Change the band to AC/DC, Bon Jovi, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, etc. Or a mix of bands. That’s all that could be done. Honestly the ride is fine as is. It’s always popular. One thing I will say though, instead of spending money on a licensing agreement with the NBA for a restaurant, Disney should’ve used that money for something already proven like for RNRC.

so more old irrelevant bands? isnt that the entire argument agaisnt keeping it Aerosmith?

from a buisness stand point theres no reason to change it period....as long as that que fills up every day like it always has.

if disney had a hankering to change it up i agree with prior posters. swap trains out for new gen (upgrade audio at same time) than maybe an upgraded lightning package out on the track and call it a day OR go generic and do all of the above but drop aerosmith and do a mix of music and just change the pre show. but alas everyone is foaming at the mouth for marvel.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Is there a current map of the possible expansion pads in DHS?

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Depends if it’s still on Sunset.

It is always fun when you drop hints like this.

Armchairing it, I would think that it would make sense to cut off Sunset at the Carthay Circle shop (Highland Avenue) and build a new land on the the BatB pad and combine a re-themed ToT into that land.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Change the band to AC/DC, Bon Jovi, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, etc. Or a mix of bands. That’s all that could be done. Honestly the ride is fine as is. It’s always popular. One thing I will say though, instead of spending money on a licensing agreement with the NBA for a restaurant, Disney should’ve used that money for something already proven like for RNRC.

NBA provides brand and marketing synergy. What you described does not.

God I feel dirty for saying synergy.

JBIRDTO

Thanks so we could be looking at the big blue area...

fngoofy

😧. I hope this means they’re opening up the area from Launch Bay to the coaster. But that wording also made it seem like the entrance from sunset would be no more which would make yet another dead end in the park.

They could still allow access, but have it be more of a passage to get there. There is a bit of a walk from where the upside-down limo hangs to where the plaza opens up.

I personally wish they could come up with a Sunset theme to put in RnRC to make it work with Sunset.
I'd love an Artie Shaw themed coaster, but I think that would be lost on most folks.

I put it to the forum, come up with a 1930s-40s theme that would work on the coaster in question.
Bonus points if it is spooky like ToT.

Kman101

I'm guessing a Cars Land-lite with a coaster re-theme. The rockwork can hide the coaster gravity building ... just a thought. Opening up the area between TSL and Animation and making it Cars also ties it to Sunset Blvd. You can then have the coaster entrance in the new land. Not sure how Racing Academy would come into play but I could be over-thinking.

dothebrdwalk

it would most certainly destroy the vibe....unless there zero theming or signage of any kind.....universal is this parks saving grace. universals contract is the only thing saving this park from having been cut in half and a giant marvel ATM machine plopped down...oh i meant rides and attractions yeah....
You're so right, the giant guitar and upside down limo is totally accurate to the real Sunset Boulevard, and an office building with a Shield Logo on it would not be. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom