News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

bcoachable

I think a quick re-theming would be easy. Make a new video for the queue that explains you're headed to Dodger Stadium to intro Elton John for his farewell tour. And just as you're loading into your limo, Susan Arnold appears on screen to let you know you are fired. And with that, you are launched into a dizzying series of events played out as John's "Saturday Night's Alright" blasts over the PA: an array of images showing your office being cleared out, your name scrubbed from properties, fans cheering in Disneyland, etc. Within 90 seconds you're unceremoniously exiting under a smiling visage of Bob Iger.
1673020396758.png

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Rocket Rods would fit the theme of the area even less than Rock N Roller Coaster...it would be nice to move forward embracing that theme of 1940s Hollywood... either a Toontown/ Roger Rabbit themed coaster or The Rocketeer, or something that fits easily into the feel of the area...
Toontown/Roger Rabbit themed coaster will be great fitting for retheme Rock N' Roller Coaster to fit 1940s Sunset Blvd.

Lilofan

RDJ primarily (as far as we know) hurt himself and has been a recovery success story for a long time. That’s very different - and much more forgiveable - from powerful people who harm others.
Downey Jr got scared straight in prison when he refused to describe to a reporter what his fellow prisoners did to him when he was locked up. The actor advised the first time he visited Disneyland , he was caught smoking pot on one of the gondolas .

Last edited:

J4546

Tear it down and build something new that takes up the entire nw backstage quadrant including rnrc and cars show

maemae74

I guess I just assumed the “love in an elevator” was with a consenting adult, not a child.

I am pretty sure there is so much more to this story than we are reading in the news. She was 17 pretty much raising herself so she was hardly a child. Her neglectful parents are as equally to blame so I hope she is suing them as well. My best guess is they were hoping for an Elvis/Priscilla love story .It was the 70's this honestly wasn't seen as abuse or grooming like it is today. I am not condoning a 25 year old man having sex with a 17 year old just reminding everyone how common that was during that decade.

Lilofan

I am pretty sure there is so much more to this story than we are reading in the news. She was 17 pretty much raising herself so she was hardly a child. Her neglectful parents are as equally to blame so I hope she is suing them as well. My best guess is they were hoping for an Elvis/Priscilla love story .It was the 70's this honestly wasn't seen as abuse or grooming like it is today. I am not condoning a 25 year old man having sex with a 17 year old just reminding everyone how common that was during that decade.
NC, SC, GA, AL consenting age is 16.

_caleb

One way I can tell that nobody knows anything about an attraction is when a thread dedicated to discussing it devolves into an armchair imagineering free-for-all.

Touchdown

Fins, Pasgaloua Run, Brown Eyed Girl cover, Cheeseburger in Paradise. All got fast enough tempos to fit the coaster.

However if I was going to go in that direction, seeing as this is supposed to be in California, the Beach Boys make much more sense.

Incomudro

Fins, Pasgaloua Run, Brown Eyed Girl cover, Cheeseburger in Paradise. All got fast enough tempos to fit the coaster.

However if I was going to go in that direction, seeing as this is supposed to be in California, the Beach Boys make much more sense.
No they don't.
There is nothing remotely exciting about any of that to fit the launch and inversion.
The Beach Boys are an even more dreadful snorefest.

DisneyCane

Then the RnR 0-60mph launch in 2.9 seconds similar to a launch of a Lamborghini Aventador , would be 0-60 in 10 sec with a Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band theme with too many reefers being smoked.
Can't do Buffet anyway with Margaritaville at Universal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom