News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

DisneyCane

or what if they actually re-themed the ride...not just changed the music. The sets are just painted flats, there is much that could be done with the ride...A crazy Benny's Cab ride from Roger Rabbit with the tunnel launching you into Toontown and ending at the Acme Gag Factory and Gift Shop. I am sure there are other ways they could integrate this into an ip that better fits the 1940s Hollywood Sunset Boulevard theme of the front of the park. While I enjoy RNRR, it always felt a bit off thematically with it's location.
They could do that but would have to retheme the pre-show and the loading area to match the new story. It's not just the cheap cardboard with black lights that need replacement.

DisneyDreamer08

Just reading about how maintenance is now being done on the right side of ToT. Expected to last several months. DHS is going to be rough for my March trip 🥴
Stack some LL for Toy Story Land and MMRR, see a few shows, Fantasmic and goodnight.

Bocabear

Rocket Rods would fit the theme of the area even less than Rock N Roller Coaster...it would be nice to move forward embracing that theme of 1940s Hollywood... either a Toontown/ Roger Rabbit themed coaster or The Rocketeer, or something that fits easily into the feel of the area...

Casper Gutman

I'd love to see them change it to Powerline - could keep the same premise (trying to get to a concert) but utilize a Disney IP

Just doing a generic band/cover band and randomize which Rock songs get played would work fine too
I know the Goofy Movie is having a bit of a resurgence right now, but I suspect it’s nostalgic appeal has a VERY narrow age range. I’m outside the target group by only a couple years and I couldn’t care less about GM. Heck, Goof Troop is what pushed me away from the Disney Afternoon!

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Everyone has their demons including Hollywood bad boys , drug and alcohol issues , sexual assaults , jail birds , Robert Downey Jr and Johnny Depp who happened to be awarded Disney Legends.
RDJ primarily (as far as we know) hurt himself and has been a recovery success story for a long time. That’s very different - and much more forgiveable - from powerful people who harm others.

JD80

Well, Tower was originally supposed to be Mel Brooks themed - let’s revive that aspect. Producers the Ride featuring songs from the hit musical!

Put something else in the Lightning McQueen building thats also spooky and you'll have a spookyland in DHS.

maemae74

Rocket Rods would fit the theme of the area even less than Rock N Roller Coaster...it would be nice to move forward embracing that theme of 1940s Hollywood... either a Toontown/ Roger Rabbit themed coaster or The Rocketeer, or something that fits easily into the feel of the area...
100 percent agree! Love Aerosmith and the ride but this idea makes more sense.

bcoachable

No part of me condones “bad boy” behavior- but isn’t that a part of the edge of this ride? I guess it comes down to how much Disney wants to risk their brand. I’d argue that getting rid of The Magical Express, and adding Genie+ has done more to damage the brand than a poor choice of a rock band member 50 years ago.

Midlife Mouse

I think a quick re-theming would be easy. Make a new video for the queue that explains you're headed to Dodger Stadium to intro Elton John for his farewell tour. And just as you're loading into your limo, Susan Arnold appears on screen to let you know you are fired. And with that, you are launched into a dizzying series of events played out as John's "Saturday Night's Alright" blasts over the PA: an array of images showing your office being cleared out, your name scrubbed from properties, fans cheering in Disneyland, etc. Within 90 seconds you're unceremoniously exiting under a smiling visage of Bob Iger.

ToTBellHop

No part of me condones “bad boy” behavior- but isn’t that a part of the edge of this ride? I guess it comes down to how much Disney wants to risk their brand. I’d argue that getting rid of The Magical Express, and adding Genie+ has done more to damage the brand than a poor choice of a rock band member 50 years ago.
I guess I just assumed the “love in an elevator” was with a consenting adult, not a child.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom