News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

Spash007

The easiest and cheapest thing to do is just remove the Aerosmith pieces of it (minor sign change, record a new video sequence) and play random rock songs (like GotG) they license. Everything else for the most part can remain the same. Theming and rockin roller coaster name
This is where I feel they would go. You don’t really need Aerosmith or a particular band on the ride. It can just be a non-descript rock band. When the ride premiered I’m sure Aerosmith drew crowds, but the amounts are probably waning so it’s the ride itself people are coming for.

Marc Davis Fan

This is where I feel they would go. You don’t really need Aerosmith or a particular band on the ride. It can just be a non-descript rock band. When the ride premiered I’m sure Aerosmith drew crowds, but the amounts are probably waning so it’s the ride itself people are coming for.
If they go with a simple project like this, I just hope they give it the budget to replace the tacky glow-in-the-dark cartoon images on flat props. They’re a remnant of the Paul Pressler “how cheap can you make it?” era. Even updating it to something like what was in the WDSP version - the light show and “auto-theming” that acknowledges it’s a roller coaster - would be a vast improvement.

Trauma

If they go with a simple project like this, I just hope they give it the budget to replace the tacky glow-in-the-dark cartoon images on flat props. They’re a remnant of the Paul Pressler “how cheap can you make it?” era. Even updating it to something like what was in the WDSP version - the light show and “auto-theming” that acknowledges it’s a roller coaster - would be a vast improvement.
A proper budget?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh god I needed that.

Thank you.

DisneyCane

The easiest and cheapest thing to do is just remove the Aerosmith pieces of it (minor sign change, record a new video sequence) and play random rock songs (like GotG) they license. Everything else for the most part can remain the same. Theming and rockin roller coaster name
It would be easy but it would completely lose the story of the ride. The whole theming is based on taking a really fast car to get to a concert with backstage passes. You don't need a specific band but you do need A band to fit the story.

Otherwise you are just randomly taking a high speed limo through LA listening to random music and the whole parking garage and launch makes no sense and may as well be an unthemed short coaster at six flags.

NotCalledBob

The backstage passes element feels a bit close to the bone at the moment.

The quickest thing for them to do would just be to sign a contract with a new band and refilm the pre show.

Bocabear

It would be easy but it would completely lose the story of the ride. The whole theming is based on taking a really fast car to get to a concert with backstage passes. You don't need a specific band but you do need A band to fit the story.

Otherwise you are just randomly taking a high speed limo through LA listening to random music and the whole parking garage and launch makes no sense and may as well be an unthemed short coaster at six flags.
or what if they actually re-themed the ride...not just changed the music. The sets are just painted flats, there is much that could be done with the ride...A crazy Benny's Cab ride from Roger Rabbit with the tunnel launching you into Toontown and ending at the Acme Gag Factory and Gift Shop. I am sure there are other ways they could integrate this into an ip that better fits the 1940s Hollywood Sunset Boulevard theme of the front of the park. While I enjoy RNRR, it always felt a bit off thematically with it's location.

LSLS

Has everyone just forgotten the Disney schedules? This is only closing from Feb-summer, so what, like 4-6 months? That's enough time to change the lights and maybe touchup some paint at Disney pace. Redo the band or concept? They better be extending the downtime another year and a half.

Bocabear

Has everyone just forgotten the Disney schedules? This is only closing from Feb-summer, so what, like 4-6 months? That's enough time to change the lights and maybe touchup some paint at Disney pace. Redo the band or concept? They better be extending the downtime another year and a half.
Year and a half? Any meaningful change in TDO timeline would take literally 3-5 years based on other builds... How long did the Frozen overlay take?

CaptainAmerica

Year and a half? Any meaningful change in TDO timeline would take literally 3-5 years based on other builds... How long did the Frozen overlay take?
The parts that need replacing are just video and audio. The hardware is fine. They don't need to actually build anything, they just need new content on the screens.

TheMaxRebo

I'd love to see them change it to Powerline - could keep the same premise (trying to get to a concert) but utilize a Disney IP

Just doing a generic band/cover band and randomize which Rock songs get played would work fine too

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Heard from a bus driver, who heard from his Chipotle cashier, who heard from Chapek that the theme will be changed to feature Orlando's most beloved band:
Capture.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom