Rochester, NY and area Disney Fans!!!!

BillsFanGabe

Original Poster
I recieved a flyer in the mail regarding the Disney Vacation Club Travel Show. The Disney Vacation Club Travel Show will be coming to The Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY from November 14-16, 2008. This event is for non-Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Vacation Club Members as well. It's free admission to the event and the Museum, great giveaways, disney character appearamces, and a sweet dessert reception. RSVP at www.dvcevent.com/rochester before November 9th, 2008 to choose the date and time that best suits you. Reservations are required for this event. So all Rochester, NY area Disney fans show up to this event and have a great time!!!!

vwayfan123

wow this is awsome. i would absolutley love to go. I love the idea of the character appearances, even if they are trying to sell you a membership. It just so happens ill be in disneyworld that whole week... :-D

btw im a rochester resident :)

jeffcp08

This is really intriguing to me...

and really amusing, considering I've worked at both WDW and Strong - National Museum of Play!

The Strong Museum is definitely one of the most Disneylike things in the Rochester area!

PeoplemoverTTA

I'll be driving from Buffalo for Sunday with my sister. Since it'll be more than a year until my next WDW trip, and I'm very interested in DVC, this sounds like a fun way to spend my Sunday!

Thanks, BillsFanGabe, I didn't know about this (oh, and go Bills!).

hillernj

i got the same flyer i'll be out of town then too and i'm upset... i think it's a great idea hopefully when i'm ready to buy they'll have another one in the area.

oh yea go Bills and Sabres!!!:animwink:

toystoryma

I went yesterday!!! It was alot of fun!! I have pics but need help posting them here...

anyways.. when we arrived at Strong Museum we were directed to an official Disney CM, They gave each of us a lanyard with our "pass" for the day into the museum, and we each all recieved free mickey mouse ears/hats with the DVC logo on them. We were intstructed to go drop our kids off to Mickey's Clubhouse (optional), it was a large room with a ton of Disney toys and games for the kids to play in while the adults went to the DVC presentation.

The presentation lasted just a little over an hour. When dh & I got to the theater that it was held in we were given a leather bound folder filled with DVC papers, a notepad and disney pen. They also handed each person a postcard to fill out to enter into winning prizes during the show. They gave away prizes every 20 min during the presentation. On the postcard it asked for your name/adress/ and top 5 vacation destinations (did not have to be a disney property destination). A cm came around and collected everyones card and put them inside a mickey mouse box for the drawings.

The show started of with "Ms DVC", The first member of the DVC. She looked like one of those street performers on Hollywood Blvd at DHS. She started the show off reving people up and showing slide shows of pictures around WDW. Shortly after two DVC cms came on stage and did thier 60min presentation, they made corny jokes and a little jeff foxworthy skit on "If you... blah blah blah, you may be a disney fanatic" LOL..

During the presentation they focused on the DVC Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas and Contemporarys Bay Lake Tower. As they were talking about AKLV 2 AKL cms came out fully dressed in thier african attire and played drums! It was so great!! They picked out a "cheerleader" out of the audience and her job was to get everyone in thier seats to cheer louder during the presentation. The first prize given out was a hand carved giraffe straight from AKL, the winner was chosen by picking her postcard out of the box. A few disney pins were given out to people that could answer correctly on questions about the DVC that we just learned about. The 2nd prize was actually awarded to ME!!!!! YEP I FINALLY WON SOMETHING!! They picked my name out of the box and asked me a trivia question.. What was the first hotel built on WDW property, I answered correctly with The Contemporary and won a $100 Disney g/c!!!!
Then he asked me another question "In 1971 what was the price of a room at the contemporary, it was multiple choice and the answer was $29 night! I got it correct and won a disney pin :) I was super excited!! The 3rd prize a woman won a Kodak digital picture frame, and the 4th prize was awarded to the "cheerleader" and won a large disney gift basket filled with souvineers.

As the presentation wrapped up, Ms DVC came out and told everyone that Disney had brought thier "boss" along with them to meet us and he wanted to invite us to join him at a dessert reception. Yep, Mr Mickey Mouse and Minnie came out on stage and waved and had a photo op. Ms DVC then announced Mickey was so happy that we had all come to see thier first ever Disney DVC Travel show that he wanted everyone in the presentation to recieve a FREE 1yr membership to the Strong Museum!!!

We all followed Ms DVC to the reception area and we had Disney treats, fudge, fruit, mini desserts, hot cocoa, coffee, tea, citrus punch, apple cider and ice water. (During this we had our kids back with us) The room and all of the halls were decorated with Mickey balloons, just like on Main St USA, There was NO pressure at all for talking with a DVC member. A few of the cms came around and asked if we had questions and my dh said we were still thinking about it and wondering if we could afford it. The cm said "ok, if you have any questions just let us know" and that was it!!

I wish we could afford it because during the show they said if we joined that day they were offering special promotions for joining, free trips of different sizes depending on how many DVC points purchased, all trips came with free Visa g/cs and free special fast passes.

After the dessert reception we had photo ops with Mickey/Minnie and Chip n Dale. :)

It was a great day, and worth the 90min presentation.

Now if someone can help me put the pics up here I will share them with you all :)

MsSnuzi

I wish I would have seen this sooner. I'm from the Buffalo area and would definitely made the trip to Strong for this presentation.

Hope all attending had a great time and I will be anxiously awaiting the pictures!

toystoryma

pics added of the Strong Museum / DVC Travel Show..

DSCF2188.jpg
[/IMG]most of them are with my family, but here ya go anyways :)

DSCF2187.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF2190.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF2191.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF2192.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF2195.jpg
[/IMG]

themarchhare

This is really intriguing to me...

and really amusing, considering I've worked at both WDW and Strong - National Museum of Play!

The Strong Museum is definitely one of the most Disneylike things in the Rochester area!

oooh jeff...

that's like seabury and my most common saying. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom