Robert Sherman has passed

dhoywdw20x

Original Poster
I regret to inform everyone that Robert B Sherman has passed. I saw this earlier this evening and personally was devastated. May God Bless his family.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Very sad. The Sherman brothers are as far as I am concerned the best song writing duo in history. Most song writers hope that they just have one song that will endure for all time. The Sherman brothers have written and Everest size mountain of music that will live forever.

The Empress Lilly

It's a Small World has given me and my family endless joy for three decades now. As my mother's favourite, the song is important to me too. I'm not at Disney until I've heard this Sherman creation!

Sad news. RIP.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Pulled a monstrous list of contributions to the theme parks. This also may be an incomplete list seeing as I pulled it from Wikipedia. In my opinion one of the most influential people that dealt with the parks probably because even after leaving the parks you are still singing and humming his songs.

Adventure Thru Inner Space
"Miracles from Molecules"
America on Parade
"The Glorious Fourth"
Carousel of Progress
"The Best Time of Your Life"
"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"
CommuniCore
"The Astuter Computer Revue" (for the 1982 premiere of the pavilion at EPCOT Center)
Epcot Center Opening & Dedication
"The World Showcase March"
Pepsi Presents WALT DISNEY'S "it's a small world" - a Salute to UNICEF and the World's Children for the 1964 New York World's Fair
"it's a small world (after all)" then adapted to each Disney Park "it's a small world" attraction installation.
Journey Into Imagination (and Journey Into Imagination With Figment)
"One Little Spark"
Magic Journeys
"Magic Journeys"
"Makin' Memories"
Meet the World in Tokyo Disneyland
"Meet the World"
"We Meet the World with Love"
Rocket Rods
"Magic Highways"
The Great Movie Ride
"Chim Chim Cher-ee"
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
"Winnie the Pooh"
"The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers"
"The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down"
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
"The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room"

Ajax Redux

'The Boys' wrote much of my life's soundtrack... not a day goes by that I don't listen to, hum, sing, or God help me, whistle a piece of their wonderful music. Godspeed, Robert, and thank you so much!

NewfieFan

'The Boys' wrote much of my life's soundtrack... not a day goes by that I don't listen to, hum, sing, or God help me, whistle a piece of their wonderful music. Godspeed, Robert, and thank you so much!

Ain't that the truth! Songs from Winnie the Pooh alone fill our days around here!

I would love to find some really simple sheet music of some of their songs for my kids to play on piano. I found some simple Disney music books that came with recorders (found them in Costco here in Canada), the sheet music is written for the recorder but works for the piano as well. I would love to find something similar of the Sherman brothers.

atsolomon

I hope his memory will be a blessing and comfort for his family. I'm sure the music he created will continue to entertain and inspire for generations to come.

--Adam

Frontierland CM

Soundtrack of my life indeed! Thank you Mr. Sherman for all your contributions to the Disney legacy and for all the memories you created for millions of people!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This is really sad. There should be a pavilion or maybe that section of the Narnia attraction at Hollywood Studios for the Sherman brothers.

I bet it was nice for him to know Disney re-opened the original Tiki Room before he died. :) Also Disney should re-open the original ride of Imagination as maybe a tribute to him. :shrug:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom