Road Trip!!!!!

Lil'mermaid

Original Poster
We took a road trip this weekend. :) I don't mind them, they can be really fun... unless of course it takes 9 hours to make a 6 hour trip. I should have taken that as an omen that this wasn't going to go all that well, but of course I rolled over and went back to sleep. We were going vist my cousin who lives in Woodbridge VA and then go to the Yankees game at Camden Yards. This was suppose to take place on the way home from WDW but beacuse of summer school we just went for the weekend. We got in to my cousins for dinner at 8ish. We hung out there until about 11 then went back to the hotel. The hotel! We couldn't get a room with 2 bed so we got one with a king sized one a pull out couch and a roll away cot. The pull out wasn't too comfy, but was soooo much better than a car seat.

Next day we had tickets to the Orioles-Yankees game!!!!! We didn't have great seats, upper deck left field side behind the foul pole, where Boone hit his home run Friday night for those of you who watched that game. We got there early and wandered around the Inner Harbor for a little while and ate lunch at "California Pizza Kitchen" took in the sites and had a great time, really pretty and (yay) PACKED with YANKEE FANS!!! (Excpet for this group of FREAKS with Red Sox shirts which made like no sense AT ALL)

Great game... strange as h**l but what can ya do? They put all the yankee fans together, and you can take us out of New York but but you can't take the New York outta us! We were lounder than the O's fans! Some dope behind us started imitating the Mets announcer at one point and randomly would yell out "LETS GO METS" then got bored and started "LETS GO RANGERS!" Then this guy in a Jets shirt starts "J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS" (if you are a Jets fan or know the game at all this will make sense) To which the guys next to us start "IF YOU'RE A JETS FAN YOU'RE A METS FAN SO GET THE H**l OUT!" Gotta love us New Yorkers.:D Yanks won 5-4 in 12. They started singing "New York NewYork" on the way out like they have back here playing at the end of the games. Can't wait to go back! Maybe Boston next??:D Yeah right... (heheeee)

Ride home... to Woodbridge took 4x longer than it should because of a jackknifed double tractor tralier... Dont speed on a curve in the pouring rain. We were told we would be stoped there "for several hours" about 2 hours later we started up again.

Ride back to NY wasn't too bad, it just poured. Glad to be home!!

GO YANKEES!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Lil'mermaid
Maybe Boston next??:D Yeah right... (heheeee)

:lol:

Do me a favor...if you come up to Boston for a Yanks/Sox game... :lol: I pity you...and wear a flak jacket. :D (Trust me...Boston fans are worse than Yanks fans...we've got a chip on our shoulder :lol: )

tigsmom

Re: Re: Road Trip!!!!!

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

Do me a favor...if you come up to Boston for a Yanks/Sox game... :lol: I pity you...and wear a flak jacket. :D (Trust me...Boston fans are worse than Yanks fans...we've got a chip on our shoulder :lol: )

We can handle it!:D

SpongeScott

Re: Re: Road Trip!!!!!

I would pay dearly to be able to get up north and watch the Yanks and Sox go at it in a series, but I'm not sure which stadium I would like to see it take place.

I went to an exhibition game once in Florida against the Tigers and the Red Sox and innocently (really!) wearing a Yankees shirt, some fan from Boston wanted to rip my head off. Lesson learned. :lol: BoSox fan is serious.

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Re: Road Trip!!!!!

Originally posted by SpongeScott
I would pay dearly to be able to get up north and watch the Yanks and Sox go at it in a series, but I'm not sure which stadium I would like to see it take place.

I went to an exhibition game once in Florida against the Tigers and the Red Sox and innocently (really!) wearing a Yankees shirt, some fan from Boston wanted to rip my head off. Lesson learned. :lol: BoSox fan is serious.

(and that was an exhibition game in FLORIDA...imagine wearing it during clutch time at "Friendly" Fenway!) :lol:

(Oh...and for the record...our mascot is a walking Bad Joke :lol: )

It's a green muppetlike creature named Wally (Green Monster...and the Green Monster is a WALL) :lol: :hammer:

tigsmom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Road Trip!!!!!

(and that was an exhibition game in FLORIDA...imagine wearing it during clutch time at "Friendly" Fenway!) :lol:

(Oh...and for the record...our mascot is a walking Bad Joke :lol: )

It's a green muppetlike creature named Wally (Green Monster...and the Green Monster is a WALL) :lol: :hammer:

And we HATE that Green Monster!

we will conquer it someday!:lol:

wdwhoneymooner

Talk about crazy fans: a few years ago I went to Shea stadium and felt brave (stupid? :) ) enough to wear my Red Sox hat. The Sox weren't there which meant I was the only one wearing a Boston item. The fans in the upper level kept on throwing things like open ketchup packets and ice cubes my way but had terrible aim. The people next to me kept getting hit and they wanted to blame me for being a target. The ushers there jokingly asked me to remove my hat to "keep the peace". The lid stayed on.

tigsmom

Serves you right for going to Shea...used to go there a lot. I grew up in Queens Village, not too far from there. One brother is a METS fan.:zipit: :brick:

tigsmom

We took my niece to the Orioles game...reformed Mets fan now an Orioles fan. She wasn't too happy to be sitting with us, but she is a born NY'er and made it thru. Don't know if we'll be invited back!:lol:

SpongeScott

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Road Trip!!!!!

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Some guy named Dent did that on a lucky hit off Torrez a while ago. :lol:
Ah, I remember that game well. Freak, too bad you weren't around for that classic. How many career HR's did Bucky end up with? One? The one that mattered?

tigsmom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Road Trip!!!!!

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Some guy named Dent did that on a lucky hit off Torrez a while ago. :lol:

I saw that game....and I know what you guys call him now, too!!!:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom