Road trip to WDW?

dweezil78

Good looking out bruh. So is Spider-Man as great as people say? For reference, I’m not a huge fan of Transformers.

I think Spidey is a zillion times better than Transformers despite using the same ride system and almost being the same exact layout. Transformers is a mess with no regard for pacing or anything resembling a coherent story.

Texas84

Haha thanks... what scam is that. Lafayette is going on the list.

Someone tells you if they can guess where you got your shoes you have to pay them to shine them. The answer is, on the street, sidewalk, whatever. It's basically a nice way of getting mugged. Don't acknowledge them and move on. But it's a problem when you get surrounded by a group of kids.

If you do New Orleans you can't go wrong with the Brennan restaurants. Touristy but good. Had an amazing brunch there. Get some beignets at Café du Monde.
https://www.neworleans-food.com/restaurants/
http://www.cafedumonde.com/

Not claiming to be an expert in Louisiana food but I spent a year in Lafayette and gained 40 pounds.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Someone tells you if they can guess where you got your shoes you have to pay them to shine them. The answer is, on the street, sidewalk, whatever. It's basically a nice way of getting mugged. Don't acknowledge them and move on. But it's a problem when you get surrounded by a group of kids.

If you do New Orleans you can't go wrong with the Brennan restaurants. Touristy but good. Had an amazing brunch there. Get some beignets at Café du Monde.
https://www.neworleans-food.com/restaurants/
http://www.cafedumonde.com/

Not claiming to be an expert in Louisiana food but I spent a year in Lafayette and gained 40 pounds.

Thanks for the heads up.

If you gained 40 pounds In a year... in Lafayette I trust.

Btw, I did a lot of research yesterday and have a lot of good bbq / food picked out for Austin, San Antonio and Houston. I wont be able to go to all these places but curious if any have your stamp of approval. I’ll tag you on the next post.

mickEblu

Original Poster
@Texas84 .. you are from Texas right? Which one has your blessing.. if you have been to any. I know Texas is a big place. I trust any man who gained 40 pounds in a year eating. I have a list of Louisiana restaurants too if you re more into that cuisine.

Snows BBQ - Lexington
Salt Lick - Driftwood
Ninfas - Houston
Barbecue Inn - Houston
Max’s Wine Dive - Austin
Top Notch - Austin
Babes Chicken Dinner - various
Lucy’s Fried Chicken - Austin
Hoover’s Cooking - Austin
Mr. & Mrs G’s Home Cooking n Pastries - San Antonio
Franklins BBQ - Austin
Rays Drive Inn - San Antonio
Louie Mueller BBQ - Taylor
The Original Branco Cafe - San Antonio
Triple J’s - Houston
Gaitlins BBQ - Houston
La Barebeque - Austin
Black’s Barbecue - Lockhart

Texas84

@Texas84 .. you are from Texas right? Which one has your blessing.. if you have been to any. I know Texas is a big place. I trust any man who gained 40 pounds in a year eating. I have a list of Louisiana restaurants too if you re more into that cuisine.

Snows BBQ - Lexington
Salt Lick - Driftwood
Ninfas - Houston
Barbecue Inn - Houston
Max’s Wine Dive - Austin
Top Notch - Austin
Babes Chicken Dinner - various
Lucy’s Fried Chicken - Austin
Hoover’s Cooking - Austin
Mr. & Mrs G’s Home Cooking n Pastries - San Antonio
Franklins BBQ - Austin
Rays Drive Inn - San Antonio
Louie Mueller BBQ - Taylor
The Original Branco Cafe - San Antonio

If you have time find the original hole-in-the-wall Ninfas.

Franklins is great if you have all morning to wait in line. Seriously.

Branco, oh hell yes. If crowded everything on the Riverwalk is good.

Not familiar with the others. I hear Salt Lick is good. If you decide to go north through Amarillo, Dyer's BBQ family style in Pampa. Do not eat and drive. Leave time for a nap. Another place in Austin, Threadgill's, the one on North Lamar. Best chicken fried steak on the planet IMO.

BTW, I lost the weight when I escaped Louisiana.

mickEblu

Original Poster
If you have time find the original hole-in-the-wall Ninfas.

Franklins is great if you have all morning to wait in line. Seriously.

Branco, oh hell yes. If crowded everything on the Riverwalk is good.

Not familiar with the others. I hear Salt Lick is good. If you decide to go north through Amarillo, Dyer's BBQ family style in Pampa. Do not eat and drive. Leave time for a nap. Another place in Austin, Threadgill's, the one on North Lamar. Best chicken fried steak on the planet IMO.

BTW, I lost the weight when I escaped Louisiana.

Thanks for the tips! Glad you lost the weight although the fact bar you gained it in Louisiana makes me want to spend more time there.

mickEblu

Original Poster
So how's your day going, bruh? Just checking in making sure things are going good.

Bruh has anyone ever told you you re the bruh of bruh’s?

Going good just planing this trip. I’m starting to wonder if I should just cut out WDW and focus on the road trip. I’m thinking do I want to explore the county or spend another 3k to ride a different version of Pirates? Lol. Now that im mapping it out it seems that even taking 2 weeks to get to WDW I’d be kind of flying through all the states I want to see. Either that or I have to cut out Tennessee and maybe most of Mississippi and Alabama too. Problem is Tennnesee, Nashville in particular has some of the highest rated food. It’s just really out of the way.

Another thought I had was maybe doing like a Georgia/ WDW trip. A lot the sights, culture and foods I’m interested in are in Georgia. But then I’m missing out on Louisiana/ New Orleans.

How’s your day?

Hattieboxghost110

Bruh has anyone ever told you you re the bruh of bruh’s?

Going good just planing this trip. I’m starting to wonder if I should just cut out WDW and focus on the road trip. I’m thinking do I want to explore the county or spend another 3k to ride a different version of Pirates? Lol. Now that im mapping it out it seems that even taking 2 weeks to get to WDW I’d be kind of flying through all the states I want to see. Either that or I have to cut out Tennessee and maybe most of Mississippi and Alabama too. Problem is Tennnesee, Nashville in particular has some of the highest rated food. It’s just really out of the way.

Another thought I had was maybe doing like a Georgia/ WDW trip. A lot the sights, culture and foods I’m interested in are in Georgia. But then I’m missing out on Louisiana/ New Orleans.

How’s your day?

Thanks for that high praise, bruh. Of all the Charlie Bruh's in the world, you're the Charlie Bruhest.

That's a tough one. I def think you should do one or the other. Georgia/WDW or basically The South. What's your budget?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom