RnRC Question & Pirates adventure

lborne

Original Poster
Question - who is the woman producer in the pre-show movie for Rockin Roller Coaster?

Pirate adventure

I was on Pirates yesterday and got stuck for 1/2 hour when the ride broke down. It was right at the last scene when the drunken pirates are celebrating all the loot they've gotten - and on the other side are the prison bound pirates trying to get the key from the dog. I got really tired of listening to the whining of that dog. CM had to bring in wooden platforms that went from the boats over the water. I was amazed at how unorganized the entire "rescue" was. These 2 guys did not seem to know what they were doing. They evacuated two boats full and one wheelchair bound lady cut her leg. Everyone was taking photos with the props. I got some good video of the CM helping the people over the bridge. Then, they completely forgot about us in the third boat, and all those behind. Finally, me and the family just jumped over. We were left to ourselves to figure out the exit. Being behind the scenes was pretty cool.

Al

Originally posted by lborne
Question - who is the woman producer in the pre-show movie for Rockin Roller Coaster?

Pirate adventure

I was on Pirates yesterday and got stuck for 1/2 hour when the ride broke down. It was right at the last scene when the drunken pirates are celebrating all the loot they've gotten - and on the other side are the prison bound pirates trying to get the key from the dog. I got really tired of listening to the whining of that dog. CM had to bring in wooden platforms that went from the boats over the water. I was amazed at how unorganized the entire "rescue" was. These 2 guys did not seem to know what they were doing. They evacuated two boats full and one wheelchair bound lady cut her leg. Everyone was taking photos with the props. I got some good video of the CM helping the people over the bridge. Then, they completely forgot about us in the third boat, and all those behind. Finally, me and the family just jumped over. We were left to ourselves to figure out the exit. Being behind the scenes was pretty cool.

thats terrible! they just forgot about you!? thats awful! i would be interested too see some photos / vids

Pioneer Hall

Sounds like you had a fun day, I was once stuck on It's a Small World for 1/2 hour. AND THEY DON'T TURN OFF THE MUSIC!!! I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES!!!

NowInc

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Sounds like you had a fun day, I was once stuck on It's a Small World for 1/2 hour. AND THEY DON'T TURN OFF THE MUSIC!!! I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES!!!

Well..that "tramatic experience" i had when I was 9 years old was pretty much the same thing...except for much longer...thus why i HATE IaSM (Boring ride system issues aside)

lborne

Original Poster
I can't be too hard on the CMs considering I was one too. They left to help the wheelchair lady out. When they did not return for several minutes, we just jumped across ourselves. It just seemed that this was their first time doing this type of recue - with the bridge and all. There were no manager types around. Of course, I've heard that since cutbacks, they have fewer staff and that some of the CMs were actually from other attractions.

I have no idea what went wrong. When we first started the ride was when we heard them announce the ride had stopped and to remain seated. We went most of the ride with no problems, so we assumed it was fixed. It was not until the end when we got stuck. So I assume the entire ride was filled with boats loaded with people.

Normally, I would not have minded getting stuck. However, we had our 3 year old with us and he does not sit still for long. After getting out, my wife wanted me to video more - especially the boats with people still in them. But it was 4:00 in the afternoon after a long day and I just wanted to get out of there and not have to listen to that dog anymore. (BTW, his soundtrack was exactly 30 seconds long).

I've got a digital camcorder, but no firewire port, so it will be a while until I can get it downloaded. I've got an analog capture card which I'll try and get some stills from, but they won't be all that great. I'll post here when I have them up - before the weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom