Riviera Resort Info

ToTBellHop

I predict $100/point once the first guest is cooked to death in the Gondola in May 2020. This is why the Gondola isn’t opening this summer as originally planned. They want Riviera largely sold out before the first death. Then when families try to sell and instead buy into the safer Revelations or Inspirations or whatever the NEW new DVC is called, they will struggle to sell due to Riviera’s resale restriction.

eliza61nyc

I predict $100/point once the first guest is cooked to death in the Gondola in May 2020. This is why the Gondola isn’t opening this summer as originally planned. They want Riviera largely sold out before the first death. Then when families try to sell and instead buy into the safer Revelations or Inspirations or whatever the NEW new DVC is called, they will struggle to sell due to Riviera’s resale restriction.

Lol, that's funny. not gonna happen but it is a funny scenario

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Lol, that's funny. not gonna happen but it is a funny scenario
Agreed. No way they drop the price after one guest gets cooked to death. It will take at least a dozen and then they will only drop the price to $195 and offer a free fan/squirt bottle thing. Not the fancy ones with Mickey on top:
5492E23D-E9D0-4CCC-8057-5162E644F782.jpeg

...but the cheapo ones from WalMart:
A6658BFA-BFA9-4E01-80C9-787B9B4707FD.jpeg

correcaminos

Original Poster
LOL

though in reality I don't think that's really an issue. Nor do I recall them ever saying summer. Just 2019 and we all speculated when it would open.

FCivish3

The Cash Booking into Riviera currently start in December. That doesn't mean that the Riviera will open in December, just that December is a HARD DATE that they are willing to commit to. They probably expect it to open at least a month or two before that. My guess is they are shooting for early October, to get in on the Food and Wine Festival crowd.

Since the Gondolas are an integral part of the Riviera, the hard date of December is also the very latest that the Gondolas will open. Truthfully, they will probably be open at least 2 or 3 months before that.

nickys

Premium Member
The Cash Booking into Riviera currently start in December. That doesn't mean that the Riviera will open in December, just that December is a HARD DATE that they are willing to commit to. They probably expect it to open at least a month or two before that. My guess is they are shooting for early October, to get in on the Food and Wine Festival crowd.

Since the Gondolas are an integral part of the Riviera, the hard date of December is also the very latest that the Gondolas will open. Truthfully, they will probably be open at least 2 or 3 months before that.

Martin (@marni1971 ) replied in another thread that the gondolas should be open by 21st July. Looks like they’re aiming for an mid summer opening. :)

correcaminos

Original Poster
could be open
I wish they could do it sooner honestly. I'd love a test before trying to book there. I just will be avoiding WDW in the fall and our last trip this year is in June. Oh well.

Honestly I doubt it is about a hard date. They really just want holiday bookings for SWGE. I have no real idea when it will open but my guess would be late September. Once we get info on sales and they start selling, it should be 6 months max to opening. Seems to be more like 4 months from first sale to opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom