Riviera Resort Info

FCivish3

It looks great. I hope that this is the start of the whole information release about this resort. Would love to get more details.

DSteph

"Looks like Dec 16th is the first day available for cash bookings"

So this is my question. Do we think DVC reservations will begin with that day as well, or some earlier date?

Last edited:

correcaminos

Original Poster
That seems a lot later than was thought. I really thought this would be open by September or so.
I think that the only reason why we are getting December is due to SWGE and holiday booking. I think more will open after we get points and sales info.

Normally they do not book prior to owners getting a chance to

nickys

Premium Member
I think that the only reason why we are getting December is due to SWGE and holiday booking. I think more will open after we get points and sales info.

Normally they do not book prior to owners getting a chance to

Well seeing as how annoyed I was earlier, that would be good! :D

I notice on the DVC pages they are actively encouraging us to book a cash stay through Member Services. I can see a lot of them getting cancelled as people book on points when it opens. For those who definitely want to stay there it could be a good move.

correcaminos

Original Poster
Well seeing as how annoyed I was earlier, that would be good! :D

I notice on the DVC pages they are actively encouraging us to book a cash stay through Member Services. I can see a lot of them getting cancelled as people book on points when it opens. For those who definitely want to stay there it could be a good move.
From what I saw, I could only get a couple of weeks to pop up for booking. Couldn't get into 2020 yet. Which means only about the 15th and beyond (what the earliest date I found was) to the end of the year is bookable.

So that 2 week or so bit is probably for the holidays. They know they likely won't have sold 30% even of the points total so it's kind of safe to offer that number of rooms to the public. My thought at least.

I don't think we'll have a ton of cash bookings then canceling just due to the small window it's open for booking though.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The DVC rep I spoke with recently said "No points reservations until sometime in 2020". They want cash reservations first in order for non-DVC people to experience the resort (and presumably sell them on it and get them to buy in).

Also, the DVC rep said $200-205/point once Riviera is available. That is in-line with what I thought they'd be charging all along, and I'm not happy about it... :mad:

correcaminos

Original Poster
The DVC rep I spoke with recently said "No points reservations until sometime in 2020". They want cash reservations first in order for non-DVC people to experience the resort (and presumably sell them on it and get them to buy in).

Also, the DVC rep said $200-205/point once Riviera is available. That is in-line with what I thought they'd be charging all along, and I'm not happy about it... :mad:

What? No, they cannot do that with DVC. If the resort it is open, they can book DVC. I think that rep is off their rocker. And by how timeshares work with numbers held back, they cannot just keep DVC out for cash to get those who want to experience it a go. I swear these guides are getting more and more creative in their ideas. I cannot even say it's lies, they are just really getting stupid.

They are only doing part of Riviera as cash for the holidays due to SWGE opening. They know they will have that percentage not sold so they can rent it out for cash. We'll get point charts soon and booking dates soon. We have been told March for booking and it always comes up as less than 7 months for most booking to begin. So I'd ignore all you were told.

I still think we're in just under $200/point for DVC owners at least.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What? No, they cannot do that with DVC. If the resort it is open, they can book DVC. I think that rep is off their rocker. And by how timeshares work with numbers held back, they cannot just keep DVC out for cash to get those who want to experience it a go. I swear these guides are getting more and more creative in their ideas. I cannot even say it's lies, they are just really getting stupid.

They are only doing part of Riviera as cash for the holidays due to SWGE opening. They know they will have that percentage not sold so they can rent it out for cash. We'll get point charts soon and booking dates soon. We have been told March for booking and it always comes up as less than 7 months for most booking to begin. So I'd ignore all you were told.

I still think we're in just under $200/point for DVC owners at least.

There was an email recently that said DVC owners would be able to book a "special reserved inventory" with points, so there's that. But how many rooms will be available is anyone's guess at this point.

I doubt prices will stay south of $200/point for Riviera, for the following reason: Skyliner --> DHS --> SW:GE, plus Skyliner --> Epcot --> GotG/Rat/New nighttime garbage pile show spectacle.

correcaminos

Original Poster
There was an email recently that said DVC owners would be able to book a "special reserved inventory" with points, so there's that. But how many rooms will be available is anyone's guess at this point.

I doubt prices will stay south of $200/point for Riviera, for the following reason: Skyliner --> DHS --> SW:GE, plus Skyliner --> Epcot --> GotG/Rat/New nighttime garbage pile show spectacle.

Yeah I saw a copy of the e-mail (still do not get them now). The wording though is done because at the time they open roughly 50% of the points will be available to book. Once the resort sells they do a declaration and release more points for DVC only. They do this so it cannot be flooded by non-owners via DVC. DVC has the right to rent the rooms that are not sold too so it works right.

I think for DVC current owners they will be sub $200. Maybe within a month of opening to DVC owners it will be above $200 but I think for our initial offering it will be below that. This is based on the $188 price of CCV.

The amenities (which they will be sure to tell you can go away) in regards to the parks will cause the point per night to go up, but not the price per point initially. It also means they'll charge more for the dining and such with good views.

Minthorne

I predict (based on my imagination only):

- Starts at $200/point or members that quickly jumps to $205
- Tower studios in cheapest season are 20 points weekday/ 22 weekend.

correcaminos

Original Poster
I predict (based on my imagination only):

- Starts at $200/point or members that quickly jumps to $205
- Tower studios in cheapest season are 20 points weekday/ 22 weekend.
Cash prices put it closer to AKV values. The rest were more like BLT. Those tower studios are very bare bones

mousekedoc

Premium Member
What am i missing about this resort? Why BLT prices? Seems should be more in line with SSR. The Skyliner is not the monorail plus 24/7 views of MK nor just a simple stroll to MK or Epcot, if you use BCR or BWR as examples.
When DVC first started they were truly undervalued. But as time has marched on, the added room sizes disappeared at the Poly and the value per point is dwindling. SSR could recoup cost in 4 stays, CCR now takes 8 and that doesn’t factor financing or annual dues. It sounds like it’s gonna take ten stays at Riviera to recoup cost. I honestly wouldn’t mind paying that for a true 1 bed villa at Poly (doesn’t exist) or at a second BLT. I recently stayed at GFR and the rooms were truly luxurious. Pics for Riviera don’t seem to demonstrate same level of luxury.
Someone please tell me I’m wrong.

correcaminos

Original Poster
What am i missing about this resort? Why BLT prices? Seems should be more in line with SSR. The Skyliner is not the monorail plus 24/7 views of MK nor just a simple stroll to MK or Epcot, if you use BCR or BWR as examples.
When DVC first started they were truly undervalued. But as time has marched on, the added room sizes disappeared at the Poly and the value per point is dwindling. SSR could recoup cost in 4 stays, CCR now takes 8 and that doesn’t factor financing or annual dues. It sounds like it’s gonna take ten stays at Riviera to recoup cost. I honestly wouldn’t mind paying that for a true 1 bed villa at Poly (doesn’t exist) or at a second BLT. I recently stayed at GFR and the rooms were truly luxurious. Pics for Riviera don’t seem to demonstrate same level of luxury.
Someone please tell me I’m wrong.

Rooftop views of 2 parks for fireworks. Gondolas instead of buses to two parks. Gondolas will be far more reliable likely than monorails. High end euro feel. No, not SSR at all to me.

It's going to be more like VGF in some ways IMO (though to me, faaaaaar better) Based on pricing though people estimate BLT in points. We'll have to see though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom