Riviera gift shop selling remote controlled boats, did Disney forget about gators?

tallica

Original Poster
Was resort hoping the other day and went to Riviera. While browsing in the gift shop I noticed that they are selling Traxxas remote controlled boats that are hobby quality. Where do they expect guests to use these? And even if they have a designated “safe place” what’s gonna stop people/kids from playing with them in gator infested waters? Like to know what they where thinking when they approved this item, do they not remover what happened at the Shore at the Grand Floridian?

Zé_Carioca

All beaches at WDW now have ropes and rocks closing off water access, and the same seems to be the case with Riviera, whose beach is very hidden to begin with, so I don't imagine guests would be using them at the Resort.

tallica

Original Poster
They are not Disney themed, so why even sell them? They are plenty of grassy shorelines that are not roped off. Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

TrojanUSC

They are not Disney themed, so why even sell them? They are plenty of grassy shorelines that are not roped off. Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Because not everything has to be Disney themed? How I miss the days when shops had gifts and trinkets themed to the areas they were in, not the same t-shirts and Disney-branded stuff you can find at any gift shop.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Because not everything has to be Disney themed? How I miss the days when shops had gifts and trinkets themed to the areas they were in, not the same t-shirts and Disney-branded stuff you can find at any gift shop.
I don't think MK is selling any more Davy Crockett rifles also.

RonAnnArbor

Your comment is pretty ignorant. It's a French-themed hotel - French people sail remote control boats in public fountains all over the country - and places like Luxembourg Gardens in Paris. That's why they are selling them -- because it's a very french-themed souvenir they can charge a lot of money for.

tallica

Original Poster
Your comment is pretty ignorant. It's a French-themed hotel - French people sail remote control boats in public fountains all over the country - and places like Luxembourg Gardens in Paris. That's why they are selling them -- because it's a very french-themed souvenir they can charge a lot of money for.
ah that makes sense, but you did not have to be rude

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I suppose you could equip the small boat with some sort of device and bait the gator into swallowing it. Then watch as the gator explodes. That might be fun. It would then place the original buyer immediately in the market to purchase another one. Could be a recurring revenue stream.

stratman50th

Gator "infested" waters?
What's the threshold for "infested? One? Hundreds? Thousands?
I live in central Florida 30 minutes from the world of mouse. There is a lake in my backyard which has gators in it. In fact, if it's fresh water and in Florida it's probably got gators in it, which includes the occasional back yard swimming pool and they don't really bother people. I'm guessing you aren't from around these here parts?

Lilofan

Gator "infested" waters?
What's the threshold for "infested? One? Hundreds? Thousands?
I live in central Florida 30 minutes from the world of mouse. There is a lake in my backyard which has gators in it. In fact, if it's fresh water and in Florida it's probably got gators in it, which includes the occasional back yard swimming pool and they don't really bother people. I'm guessing you aren't from around these here parts?
There is something that is pure suicide. Walking your dog by the waters edge in FL. That's gator breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom