Rivers of Light Dining packages for November

Sunset7132

Is it just me or does it seem like they just are not going to release the Rivers of Light dining packages for November? I have been patiently waiting and nothing, and I know it's been a couple of months since they released October. We are now less than 90 days out and I check every day. I tried emaling Disney to get an answer and they did not even come close to giving a response that answered my question. It was just a "Were glad your coming back to Disney' email not even one word about my question.
Same here as far as trying 24 7... I'm handicapped so it's important, I won't go into a huge crowd withe in a wheelchair , we got the lunch but I think I'm not going to keep that,we don't like the menu for lunch .but it shouldn't ruin your whole trip from what I hear this isn't even a great show we're just doing it because it's new and we want to see it once. Keep checking it is stressful but I'm sure it will pop up

nickys

Premium Member
Well this has been a nightmare, my family is so mad at me over the failure to get this, I really wish this trip was not my daughters graduation present because I would just cancel it since my failure to get this booked has ruined the entire trip for everyone. I don't know how I missed getting anything, I have literally been up at 5 am every morning since our 180 day mark checking for this and once they released the dates I tried like every 5 minutes and absolutely noting available for our dates except Tiffins. I have been so excited for this trip and now I just don't even care, not even sure I am going to bother with making our fastpasses next week, Im sure I will manage to screw that up as well.

Well imo your family are out of order. I'm sorry, not getting a dining package is NOT the end of the world, and the trip is far from ruined, no matter how bad it seems right now.

If seeing ROL is so important then use one of your fastpasses for it. At least that way you know you will get in (as long as you turn up in time), and if you manage to find a package later you can cancel the fp and book something else. I would put this to them and ask them to tell you whether they want an fp for ROL or something else.

In the meantime, keep looking. Or better still, get one of them to do it. I really hope you start to feel better about this soon, I wish I could give you a hug right now. Perhaps time to remind your family that there are worse things happening in Florida right now than not having an ROL dining package; maybe some tough home truths are in order.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
I know to most it does not seem ruined but , with my parents health , I expect this to be the last time they are able to go to Disney, and the reason why I didn't just do a fast pass is I because then I can't get any fast pass for Pandora and waiting in 2 three hour lines is not going to happen for them either, (both of them can handle walking they just can't handle standing in one place). I just can't figure out how I missed them all as frequently as I checked.Yes we understand there are people suffering due to the hurricane (Being from Texas we understand all too well and are prayers and hearts go out to them) This being their probable last trip I just wanted to make it good, and at least get the into Rivers of Light since they will most likely never get to see Star Wars or Toy story.

nickys

Premium Member
I know to most it does not seem ruined but , with my parents health , I expect this to be the last time they are able to go to Disney, and the reason why I didn't just do a fast pass is I because then I can't get any fast pass for Pandora and waiting in 2 three hour lines is not going to happen for them either, (both of them can handle walking they just can't handle standing in one place). I just can't figure out how I missed them all as frequently as I checked.Yes we understand there are people suffering due to the hurricane (Being from Texas we understand all too well and are prayers and hearts go out to them) This being their probable last trip I just wanted to make it good, and at least get the into Rivers of Light since they will most likely never get to see Star Wars or Toy story.

I can understand you feeling awful about missing them, but it seems harsh that your family would make you feel so bad about it. :(.

Can I ask you, when are you looking for? Like right now I found 2 at TH for 23rd Nov , 11:15. Nothing for 4 and nothing closer to lunch time. But there are some openings there. Remember the latest is around 4pm because of the relative early show time. Seriously, I have a) lots of time - recovering post-op so not at work and b) have the advantage, maybe, of different hours (uk time). If I can help I would be glad to. I don't like "seeing" someone so upset over this. PM me if you like.

Also you can get fps for both (one of )Pandora and ROL.... I realise maybe not with your plans but they aren't both tier 1.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
I can understand you feeling awful about missing them, but it seems harsh that your family would make you feel so bad about it. :(.

Can I ask you, when are you looking for? Like right now I found 2 at TH for 23rd Nov , 11:15. Nothing for 4 and nothing closer to lunch time. But there are some openings there. Remember the latest is around 4pm because of the relative early show time. Seriously, I have a) lots of time - recovering post-op so not at work and b) have the advantage, maybe, of different hours (uk time). If I can help I would be glad to. I don't like "seeing" someone so upset over this. PM me if you like.

Also you can get fps for both (one of )Pandora and ROL.... I realise maybe not with your plans but they aren't both tier 1.
I was looking for anything the 18th -20th, Im thinking if I can just get my parents in for something me and my daughter can just wait out the stand by. All of yall are so nice for helping.

DfromATX

Hello my fellow Texan. You are really getting stressed out! But, I do understand because it is stressful when you are the planner for a large group and you want everything to be just right. I'm already worried about our trip for June 2018 LOL. (Only in my case I'm worried we won't get fast passes for FOP.) Anyway, I think you can FP both one attraction in Pandora and ROL. I'm considering the ROL dining package also, but I don't need to worry about it just yet. Even though I have heard ROL is kind of boring, I still wanna see it too. It will work out somehow and I know your family will love the trip.

AndrewsJ

Actually seeing the show may be more likely to ruin your trip. I've seen it multiple times and I just don't think it's that great. One tip though...you can watch the show from the dining areas at Flametree BBQ if nothing else. A lot less crowded and more comfortable than being packed in like sardines. Sure it isnt exactly the same as seeing it from the intended seating but at least you'll see that your trip shouldn't have been ruined because you didn't get a dining package. If you feel the trip is ruined this far out I would think twice about going period. I do understand though. I wanted my parent's last trip to be amazing and it seemed that everything that could go wrong did. They told me on the way home it was the best trip they'd ever been on so chin up. Get back up and brush yourself off and enjoy your time with your family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom