Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

NobodyElse

David at Fresh Baked here. For what it's worth, I'm neither wealthy (I drive to the park in a Ford Fiesta) nor powerful. I'm just a guy with a (not at all fancy) camera who loves Disneyland and wants to share. Sounds corny I know. I also do have a full time, completely unrelated job to go with this hobby, and put in roughly 80-100 hours a week between the two efforts. 8 am to at least 10 pm every single day. This is not hyperbole. You don't have to like us of course, but it would be cool if our work wasn't trivialized or minimized based on obviously no information at all. I care deeply for what we do, the people I do it with, and for those who care about what we do.

Regards,
A guy who loves Disneyland

Thanks for stopping by and giving us some background. While I don't think anybody is being truly mean-spirited in their critiques of your videos, I'm aware that it can't feel great on your side. Different people appreciate different styles of media presentation. Obviously people are watching your output, whether they fully appreciate every aspect or not. Take heart in that. :)

Last edited:

sedati

David at Fresh Baked here. For what it's worth, I'm neither wealthy (I drive to the park in a Ford Fiesta) nor powerful. I'm just a guy with a (not at all fancy) camera who loves Disneyland and wants to share. Sounds corny I know. I also do have a full time, completely unrelated job to go with this hobby, and put in roughly 80-100 hours a week between the two efforts. 8 am to at least 10 pm every single day. This is not hyperbole. You don't have to like us of course, but it would be cool if our work wasn't trivialized or minimized based on obviously no information at all. I care deeply for what we do, the people I do it with, and for those who care about what we do.

Regards,

Don't sweat too much the opinion of people who spend all day on a forum instead of actually going out into the real world and producing content as you guys do. Especially if they resort to childish name-calling. It's been kind of irritating following along here as you guys have been mocked as much as you've been used as a reference.

Just want to say thanks and that I am now a subscriber.

Californian Elitist

Don't sweat too much the opinion of people who spend all day on a forum instead of actually going out into the real world and producing content as you guys do. Especially if they resort to childish name-calling. It's been kind of irritating following along here as you guys have been mocked as much as you've been used as a reference.

Just want to say thanks and that I am now a subscriber.

You're just as bad as those who mock the videos. You don't know what people are doing in their spare time.

D

Deleted member 107043

Photos posted in MiceChat's DLR update today show that a new batch of trees have been planted, obscuring the new rockwork in this section.

DSC_0566.jpg

Stevek

And Star Tours, which is about a thousand times more popular that ATIS was.
The reality is that most folks remember ATIS being much better than it actually was. Yes, I enjoyed it but by the end of its run, it wasn't very popular. It was absolutely the right move for Disney to take it out...this coming from someone who has a large framed attraction poster of it on the wall.

BrianLo

Photos posted in MiceChat's DLR update today show that a new batch of trees have been planted, obscuring the new rockwork in this section.

DSC_0566.jpg

Hurray! Now that's what I'm talking about. Been quietly biting my lip to 'wait and see', but I haven't been fully satisfied with tree density until now.

I swear I spend most of the SILA updates trying to crane to see what new trees have gone in while she is busy zooming in on the show buildings.

TP2000

Original Poster

Regards,

Hello, David! Thank you for stopping by to give us some context, personal and professional, for your style of videos.

That was kind of you. :)

TP2000

Original Poster
Hurray! Now that's what I'm talking about. Been quietly biting my lip to 'wait and see', but I haven't been fully satisfied with tree density until now.

I swear I spend most of the SILA updates trying to crane to see what new trees have gone in while she is busy zooming in on the show buildings.

Yes, I noticed that yesterday afternoon standing in Critter Country. It's all coming together very nicely.

TP2000

Original Poster
New month, new daddy/daughter video!
The money shot this time is the dissolve between old river and new river at 20:30

Oh, wow! These videos with the thoughtful and intelligent Father/Daughter commentary are always so wonderful to watch, but this one is especially good.

His detailing how the river route changed and the dissolve photo is exactly what I'd been pondering. Thank you for posting!

Kiwiduck

Regards,
Hi David. So pleased to see you here talking about what's involved in creating your channel. I hope this isn't the last time we hear from you.

TP2000

Original Poster
I believe that is a Canary Island Palm not a King Palm

Ooh, you're right. It's just massive, and has already changed the Adventureland look for the better on that end of the main drag. Disneyland spent some major money on that giant tree in such glorious health!

BrianLo

Yes, I noticed that yesterday afternoon standing in Critter Country. It's all coming together very nicely.

It's also exciting that this is officially the "next" project in line I'm excited for. It's been a long time coming. Kind of wish there was something else really of value at one of the other Dis or Uni parks next year if this slips... but sometimes you've gotta struggle through the Toy Story and Fast and Furious lemons to get to the good stuff.

We'll see if I don't go into withdrawal in 2018 with a theme park blackout.

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's a new shot; a view of the new walkway that will wind north of the Hungry Bear Restaurant and snake its way under the railroad berm and then back into Star Wars Land.
DSC_0586.jpg

That pathway, once it winds its way under the trestle and then between a landscaped canyon, will eventually lead to the westernmost of the three entrances to Star Wars Land here. The pathway is seen on the upper level of this WDI sketch, going over the bridge above what will be extended queue space for the Alcatraz Battle ride. (WDI artwork always manages to make extended queue switchbacks look dreamy and lightly populated)
swglf23091.jpg

Curious Constance

Here's a new shot; a view of the new walkway that will wind north of the Hungry Bear Restaurant and snake its way under the railroad berm and then back into Star Wars Land.
DSC_0586.jpg

That pathway, once it winds its way under the trestle and then between a landscaped canyon, will eventually lead to the westernmost of the three entrances to Star Wars Land here. The pathway is seen on the upper level of this WDI sketch, going over the bridge above what will be extended queue space for the Alcatraz Battle ride. (WDI artwork always manages to make extended queue switchbacks look dreamy and lightly populated)
swglf23091.jpg
That must be such a stressful job to have to pull offf!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom