Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

britain

Great to see! It seems like another uniquely Disneyland experience. Like the seeing the Matterhorn bobsleds while standing near the sub lagoon, or lingering in New Orleans Square.

Hey when did trees get added behind the perilously perched rock?

Practical Pig

Oh, dear. :devilish:

Here's more video of train testing along Big Thunder Trail. This whole environment is just going to be so darn cool once it's done this summer.

This is one of the reasons I've felt from the start that, all things considered, this placement of SWL in DL was a solid choice. It finally brings the train as a much stronger show element into the land where it most belongs.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Can you help me understand this 45 minute "cooling period" that apparently existed before but I never knew about? Just recently i learned that there was a 35 minute to 45 minute to obtain a FP at rope drop but did this continue throughout the day as fresh baked suggests? Let's say I got to the park at 11am and got a HM FP with a return time of 12-1pm under the old system. Did that 1 hour wait already include that cooling period that's being referenced? if I'm understanding correctly it's not that there was a cooling period between each FP but that just the one 40 minute delay at rope drop that created a dominoe effect thoughout the day. Because in my example I could technically get a BTM FP at 12 pm and the return time would be whatever time is posted. Not some personalized return time based on a cooling period.

The other day we were in DCA and the standby line for Screamin was something like 25-30 minutes. It was about 10:00 am and Fast passes were being given out for 10:05, we got them, and got on the ride. We immediately got off the ride, proceeded to the Fastpass machines and got another set (it was about10:20 at this point), and went right on the ride again, I was ready to stop, but my kids wanted to ride again, so against my better judgement, we got ANOTHER set of Fastpasses and got on for the third time in a row. This was about 10:35. So in thirty minutes we had obtained and used three Fastpasses all for California Screamin.

mickEblu

The other day we were in DCA and the standby line for Screamin was something like 25-30 minutes. It was about 10:00 am and Fast passes were being given out for 10:05, we got them, and got on the ride. We immediately got off the ride, proceeded to the Fastpass machines and got another set (it was about10:20 at this point), and went right on the ride again, I was ready to stop, but my kids wanted to ride again, so against my better judgement, we got ANOTHER set of Fastpasses and got on for the third time in a row. This was about 10:35. So in thirty minutes we had obtained and used three Fastpasses all for California Screamin.

That's awesome! I'm guessing that at that time anyone in the standby line must have either a GOTG or RSR FP because every other ride at the park would probably have an immediate FP return time. That or those people have no clue what they re doing.

Curious Constance

That's awesome! I'm guessing that at that time anyone in the standby line must have either a GOTG or RSR FP because every other ride at the park would probably have an immediate FP return time. That or those people have no clue what they re doing.

I choose to think of them as clueless, and lesser than me in every conceivable way, but whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

SteveAZee

I remember liking both it and "If You Had Wings." Looking back it's hard to see it as much more than the theme park equivalent of an infomercial. This is why I'm not so harsh about IP's coming into the parks.
Back when there were ride tickets (A through E) this was free, rarely had a line, and was a nice escape from the heat. Big win for me. :)

The_Bellringer

I'm confused about this new fastpass thing. Other than scanning your ticket instead of the fastpass ones, what is different? How many active fast passes can you have at once per park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom