River Country Video from 1993

nc_disneyfreak

river country...

so what happened to it? ive seen old pics and old videos of people sneaking in and showing what it looks like now...it looks as if one day they closed it and that was that...kinda creepy

flynnibus

Premium Member
so what happened to it? ive seen old pics and old videos of people sneaking in and showing what it looks like now...it looks as if one day they closed it and that was that...kinda creepy

It was made redundant by the new water parks. Combine that with the concerns over swimming in lake water in FL due to dangerous amoeba that if disturbed and taken into the nostrils can cause serious neurological issues or death... lead to River Country basically being simply 'closed' and left to sit.

It was a great place back when WDW was a resort vacation.. but certainly superseded by the next generation of water parks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That is pretty much what happened. It went "seasonal" in November of 2001 and officially closed in January of 2005. From what I remember a little upkeep was done after 2001 but is has been completely abandoned since 2005.

BLY

I miss River Country, especially in the summer when the other waterparks are packed. But now I have kids (unlike when I used to go) I probably would be more health concious about the safety of the water and it was a bit difficult to get to.

Communicore

I read that music is still on and there is still electricity in this amoeba and probably mosquito infested remnant of the 70's. That must be truly creepy to hear a loop still being played.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom