River Country Question

menamechris

Original Poster
What was the River Country BBQ? I overheard someone mentioning it last weekend - and about how it used to be so much fun. Something like they "celebrated 4th of July every afternoon." I only went to River Country a couple times, and have no memory of this, but I may have been too young. Anyone remember it?

menamechris

Original Poster
Do they mean Mickey's Backyard BBQ? That still exists and is held near River Country a few times per week.

No, I am pretty sure not, because they were talking about River Country and she said mentioned they did it in the waterpark every afternoon.

But hhmmm..wonder if Mickeys Backyard BBQ was modeled after this after River Country closed?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I am not mistaken Mickeys Backyard BBQ has been in place since before RC closed and was held right at the entrance to it. Could they be interweaving the BBQ and the All American Water party they did in the 90's?

DisneyJoe

Google to the rescue:

from http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id220.htm

"in 1998 when it offered what it called the All-American Water Party. This seasonal event celebrated every day as the Fourth of July. Games such as sack races, tug-o-war, and a water balloon toss were offered and Disney characters would dance as a country band played during a "good ol' fashioned barbeque."

menamechris

Original Poster
"in 1998 when it offered what it called the All-American Water Party. This seasonal event celebrated every day as the Fourth of July. Games such as sack races, tug-o-war, and a water balloon toss were offered and Disney characters would dance as a country band played during a "good ol' fashioned barbeque."

Okay, seriously - that sounds like SOO much fun.

WDWLocal

Google to the rescue:

from http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id220.htm

Wish I got a chance to go to RC and experience that.

Tigger#1

No money to be made:shrug:
I guess they could ban personal cameras and flood the area with photopass photographers then charge you an extra fee if you wanted the pictures:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom