Rise of the Resistance

Dmanion

Original Poster
I’m very disappointed on how this ride is setup for guests to ride. I feel it is a big inconvenience to guests. My family and I were unable to ride this one due to the Virtual check in. Although I was able to get a boarding pass but our number was to high. To where I was notify that the ride reached it’s capacity for the day. I feel this is no more special than any other ride in the park outside the fact is it Stars Wars based even though there are two others. I feel ride should be treated like the other with a waiting time like the rest. This ride was one of our reasons of coming to Hollywood Studios.

Weather_Lady

I’m very disappointed on how this ride is setup for guests to ride. I feel it is a big inconvenience to guests. My family and I were unable to ride this one due to the Virtual check in. Although I was able to get a boarding pass but our number was to high. To where I was notify that the ride reached it’s capacity for the day. I feel this is no more special than any other ride in the park outside the fact is it Stars Wars based even though there are two others. I feel ride should be treated like the other with a waiting time like the rest. This ride was one of our reasons of coming to Hollywood Studios.
ROTR's inconsistency and lack of adequate capacity -- and the associated stress of playing the "boarding group fastest-fingers challenge" -- have been problems since day 1. Sorry to hear you were unable to experience it.

StarshipDisney

ROTR is a concern for our next trip as well. It's basically a lottery system as to who gets to ride it. Maybe you will...maybe you won't. Can only hope for the best.

Nottamus

We happened to be there week of Dec 2019 when ROTR opened. I had no desire to try to ride it then due to demand. We had friends down with us and they got up like 3:30 am to be there for riding it….and they got on.
We waited until last trip (two weeks ago) and managed to get on 2 times in the the week.

my uneducated prediction: it will get easier as time goes on to get a boarding pass. Probably when other big draw rides open up.

TotallyBiased

If they ever the get bugs worked out and it can run at capacity, it should be ok... or at least better. The queue system is annoying, but it is what it is unfortunately.

When the wife and I were down for Xmas in 2019 for our Honeymoon, we got in the mass of humanity at 5:00. It was take no prisoners. A little old lady on a Rascal ran my foot over to cut in front of me. Felt like Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber:

"I got robbed by a sweet old lady on a motorized cart. I didn't even see it comin'!" ~Lloyd Christmas

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Do you think you're sending this to Disney? You're not. This is just a Disney fan forum.
Also if it were no more special it would not be seemingly the main reason you went there.
I personally do not care for the idea of a VQ but I also understand the reasoning for having it at the present time.
It's still new, its popular, it still has kinks, and it does not meet capacity for the demand.

NickMaio

Let the mouse house know.....send them a message.

People go Bonkers for any new ride at WDW.

Dmanion

Original Poster
This ride should be treated just like every other ride. That is, you should have the option to simply get in line and wait as long as it takes if you are so inclined. This boarding pass system is total trash.
This ride should be treated just like every other ride. That is, you should have the option to simply get in line and wait as long as it takes if you are so inclined. This boarding pass system is total trash.
That’s exactly I how feel

mergatroid

It would be good if they could combine a system whereby for instance up until 1 pm it's a virtual queue as is, from 1pm onwards it's a standby queue. This means when the park opens those willing could join the standby line knowing how long the wait would be (in theory, not including down time), whilst those with a boarding pass get to ride. I've picked 1pm only because that's 4 hours from a 9pm opening and 4 hours waiting for Harry Potter rides was never criticised on here so I'm assuming that's acceptable?

Obvious issues are onsite guests may get in 30 mins early so offsite guests wouldn't get much of a chance at standby initially. Also if it went down in the morning, would Disney make standby wait until all boarding groups were accommodated first? If so standby guest waiting 4 hours or more would have a longer wait, if not boarding pass guests are messed about. Also how early would people wanting standby get to the park and how much disappointment would there be after waiting hours then never getting on as happened with Hagrids?

Whilst not perfect I believe boarding passes probably cause less disappointment for the majority. It sucks if you've traveled halfway around the world just to ride ROTR, however this is surely the minority of guests. Most who visit want to ride it I'd guess, however finding out at 7am that you can't at least gives you a full day to enjoy other things.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
One more reason they can't just do SB right now is that the park would have to be open 24/7 or you'd have to cut the line at a certain spot vs the end of park hours. And people would still be ed because they couldn't wait as lon g as they wanted to ride. So its a losing battle no matter how you do it.

RoadiJeff

First, I wouldn't call ROTR a "ride" - it's a whole lot more than that. We visited Disney 5 days after this attraction opened in 2019 and we got out of bed at 3:30am so we could stand in line by 5:00am to get boarding passes and experience what it was all about. For me, if I could do nothing else one day at Disney than go on the ROTR experience I would still be happy. It's reasons like this that make it so difficult to get a boarding pass.

I live in the St. Louis area and I frequently play the boarding pass game on my phone at the two magic times per day back home just for fun and to practice for whenever I return to Disney. I know how to get a boarding pass within 3 seconds of when the atomic clock time changes to 7:00 and 1:00 EDT. It still stops me from getting one because the system knows that I do not have a ticket reservation for that day, so I am not depriving anyone else from getting a pass who is actually there. It's still fun to play. :)

I would love for Disney to bring back the early park openings, like they did when ROTR first opened, and reward those of us who were willing to put forth the effort and stand there for several hours before sunrise.

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

I have no personal beef here because I haven't visited the park since the rise of The Rise, but I question the logic of boarding passes. I know there is the risk of disappointment in my suggestion, but I think there's that risk with any solution for this seemingly not yet ready for the masses ride.

Why not allow standby only? I know you FP fans will hate this idea, but just go with me on this one. If you're considering getting into line when the wait time posted says "5 hrs wait from this spot" and you're willing to get on, then that 5 hrs out of your vacation/visit is worth the ride. I assume the line will cap out with most people unwilling to wait an entire day for one ride, so let's say it caps out at 3 or 4 hours where no one else will get in line for those wait times. Once the wait time becomes longer than the hours to closing of the park, you cut the line off with no more riders. Anyone in line before cutoff is guaranteed to ride assuming their isn't a ride breakdown. If there is a breakdown that can't be fixed timely, everyone in line is given "special" FP for Rise. Assuming someone will figure out a way to make and sell these FP at some point, the paper used will have Mickey Mouse hair embedded in the paper to prevent counterfeit tickets from being created.

IMO, if you're willing to wait in that line, you're happy just to be guaranteed a ride. You're also sucking a huge group of people away from other ride lines allowing other guests to get on their rides quicker. And no one-person line holding for a large group either. In this case unless you traveled from far away and are leaving the next morning, you're guaranteed a ride if you really want to wait.

Hcalvert

ROTR's inconsistency and lack of adequate capacity -- and the associated stress of playing the "boarding group fastest-fingers challenge" -- have been problems since day 1. Sorry to hear you were unable to experience it.
I agree. I actually got really anxious on the three days I had to attempt for BPs for my trip a few weeks ago. I only got 2 days out of 3--one time boarding group 4 and the other was 40. The one I did not get, I noticed the app was playing up before the time and saying I did not have internet connection (using my own data), and when I clicked join to confirm my group, it hesistated with a loading circle and then it said it was all full. Irritating. I did get one at 1pm on that day, but I didn't really want to hang around the park for it.

JIMINYCR

It should have been no surprise that RotR was going to be difficult to get to do. There has been plenty of notice here on this site and all the other Disney sites that the competition for a boarding group was high. There have been plenty of tips given out on how to better your chances as well. And YES... RotR IS special. Its a SW fans dream to ride it. It is new and the most popular attraction in the park and on property at this point. and its too bad it still has issues and the rate of riding it throughout the day is pretty poor.
By the way.... DS and I got to ride it 3x because he was prepared to get on exactly at 7am, not a second later. Anyone who paid attenrtion knew that was one key element to getting success.
I do agree it hurts to want to do an attraction youve been looking forward to doing and continually miss out. But without a boarding pass, the wait lines would extend all the way out of the park. Disney is trying to control crowds, excessive lines, guest frustrations from waiting and not getting on, and make it fair to all. The clocking in at 7am gives everyone the same chance, those who succeed get in that day.... as long as the attraction continues to perform.

chriskbrown

I was extremely lucky to get to ride this the day it opened at DL. One of the most incredible experiences ever. The current system is a lottery indeed. But I realized that day that some people would in a pure standby scenario just camp out. That's all they would ride, over and over. Space Mountain when it opened - 3 hour waits were common.

ppete1975

I hate to tell you this.. but this might be the new norm. Low capacity rides and/or short ride times. Disney should never build something with such bad capacity to be truthful but with some of the crazy things they want to do and push the envelope on technology then this is what you get.

Id rather just get really good AAs, a great story, less than 4 year build times and high capacities... if that means omnimovers or boats or heaven forbid a big auditorium that your chair becomes your ride vehicle (cough), im all for it..... its like a disney in itself .. i dont care how i get there... bus train or automobile i just want to get there and enjoy the destination.

sandieb1

I have no personal beef here because I haven't visited the park since the rise of The Rise, but I question the logic of boarding passes. I know there is the risk of disappointment in my suggestion, but I think there's that risk with any solution for this seemingly not yet ready for the masses ride.

Why not allow standby only? I know you FP fans will hate this idea, but just go with me on this one. If you're considering getting into line when the wait time posted says "5 hrs wait from this spot" and you're willing to get on, then that 5 hrs out of your vacation/visit is worth the ride. I assume the line will cap out with most people unwilling to wait an entire day for one ride, so let's say it caps out at 3 or 4 hours where no one else will get in line for those wait times. Once the wait time becomes longer than the hours to closing of the park, you cut the line off with no more riders. Anyone in line before cutoff is guaranteed to ride assuming their isn't a ride breakdown. If there is a breakdown that can't be fixed timely, everyone in line is given "special" FP for Rise. Assuming someone will figure out a way to make and sell these FP at some point, the paper used will have Mickey Mouse hair embedded in the paper to prevent counterfeit tickets from being created.

IMO, if you're willing to wait in that line, you're happy just to be guaranteed a ride. You're also sucking a huge group of people away from other ride lines allowing other guests to get on their rides quicker. And no one-person line holding for a large group either. In this case unless you traveled from far away and are leaving the next morning, you're guaranteed a ride if you really want to wait.
I would think Disney would be able to better manage wait times for popular rides other than to have guests wait hours in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom