Rise of the Resistance

wolfeman

Original Poster
Hi all,

We are going to our happy place in March. How difficult is it to get into the Rise of the Resistance. Any suggestions on what I need to do to get in? Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks

EvanAnderson

You need to join a boarding group in order to experience that attraction. Boarding groups are distributed via the MyDisneyExperience App at 7am from anywhere, or at 1pm while inside the park.

Make sure everyone in your party has a way to get into the park (ticket or annual pass) and also has a Park Pass. You can join the 7 am boarding group from anywhere, and YOU MUST BE QUICK. As soon as your phone ticks over to 7, hit the join button, and keep hitting join until it says you're in a group.

If you don't manage to get one, you can try again at 1pm, but this drop requires you to have entered Hollywood Studios. At 1pm, you do the same process, hit "Join" as soon as it hits 1pm.

Be warned, you may be super quick, and still not get one, either time. The ride is very technologically advanced and has seen its share of downtimes since day 1. You could get a boarding group, and still not be able to board due to the ride going down. At least you're not waiting in line for 6-8 hours and being told no, you can enjoy the rest of the park while you wait. The boarding groups exist due to the ride being very unreliable.

Last edited:

EvanAnderson

It's not really a time, more of a group number. You can keep checking the app and it will tell you which groups are boarding, or you can enable Push Notifications and you'll get notified when it's time to go. You don't have to stay in the park either, you can leave and come back. You technically have an hour to get to the ride once your group is called, but I've seen people show up later and they're still let on.

Giss Neric

Ok good to know. Then my group would have a boarding time, sometime during that day?
Tip although I don't know if this works 100% but it worked for us. Just be nice. Don't need to select everyone in your party cause every second counts. Just select one and then book immediately. When you have a boarding group, approach a guest services CM and ask if they could add everyone else in the party. If it's just the rest of the family then they'll grant it.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Tip although I don't know if this works 100% but it worked for us. Just be nice. Don't need to select everyone in your party cause every second counts. Just select one and then book immediately. When you have a boarding group, approach a guest services CM and ask if they could add everyone else in the party. If it's just the rest of the family then they might grant it.
FTFY.
I’ve read multiple reports recently where adding guests....even family....has not been granted. This is likely due to the newer version of MDE which self populates everyone in a guest’s account who has admission and a park pass for that day. In other words, one simply needs to hit JOIN, as guests who fit the above criteria have been pre-selected for them.

@wolfeman make sure you have updated the MDE app.

Giss Neric

FTFY.
I’ve read multiple reports recently where adding guests....even family....has not been granted. This is likely due to the newer version of MDE which self populates everyone in a guest’s account who has admission and a park pass for that day. In other words, one simply needs to hit JOIN, as guests who fit the above criteria have been pre-selected for them.

@wolfeman make sure you have updated the MDE app.
Just sharing my experience and I did made a disclaimer that it might not work. Last time we did this was Dec 2020 and had no problems for a party of four. Maybe luck, maybe depends on the CM.

nickys

Premium Member
Just sharing my experience and I did made a disclaimer that it might not work. Last time we did this was Dec 2020 and had no problems for a party of four. Maybe luck, maybe depends on the CM.
Glad it worked for you. But I’m puzzled why the whole party didn’t show up when you got a BG. Are your family not all linked on MDE? Because if they are everyone who had a ticket and park reservation for that day would have been included automatically.

edit: Unless you had an old version of the app of course. That would explain it.

nickys

Premium Member
If you have one person go on the app and select everyone it's easier than having several people try.
It makes no odds at all. Even everyone signed in on the same account can do it. And as soon as one of the group is successful, the process will prevent the others also getting one.

So for a group of 4, you have four times the chance of getting a BG if you all try.

Tamandua

I was able to easily get boarding passes on Tuesday. I just went through the normal process and got group number 11, which I think is lower than any time I ever tried at Disneyland.

If it's going to be your first time on rise of the resistance, and you haven't seen any spoilers yet, I would almost suggest not going on the ride and saving it for when things go back to normal. The covid retrofits really diminish the experience. It's amazing without the plexiglass in the way, but pretty ridiculous with it all over.

OG Runner

Does everyone in my party need to join at 7am?
No, but they do actually need to be in the park. I tried waiting in line and letting my girlfriend go in, (no bags line),
and it was a no go. She can sign you into the group, but you need to be in the park.

Dad 2 M & M

You must have had some serious Pixie Dust that day!

There are cases where a CM has assisted, but the usual , and almost immediate answer is a candid no...

Must be awkward to be a CM at the Attraction, as well as one at Guest Relations on certain days

Dad 2 M & M

It makes no odds at all. Even everyone signed in on the same account can do it. And as soon as one of the group is successful, the process will prevent the others also getting one.

So for a group of 4, you have four times the chance of getting a BG if you all try.
So the app auto-populates now? With everyone with a Park Pass included?

If so, that’s good info I did not know...

nickys

Premium Member
So i can try from our hotel room?
Yes.
I can tell you it works from as far away as Universal/Sea World area(s)
We stayed offsite last trip and reserved from Exit 74 area (9 exits closer to downtown Orlando)
It even works out of state (obviously you need tickets and a park reservation).
So the app auto-populates now? With everyone with a Park Pass included?

If so, that’s good info I did not know...
Yes. It will automatically include anyone with a ticket and park reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom