Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxysEdge

With atleast five different languages I find it hard to believe that Smugglers Run will come to Paris.

see image for plans...

image004.jpg

Mickeyboof

Woof. I’m so very happy for this awful park to get some new life... but amount of pointless walking past nothing to get from attraction to attraction is shocking in this plan.

I wonder how this Rise will work with languages. Already we know there will be multiple moments where we are spoken to via pre-recorded videos. I guess it’ll just be English?

Jones14

Woof. I’m so very happy for this awful park to get some new life... but amount of pointless walking past nothing to get from attraction to attraction is shocking in this plan.

I wonder how this Rise will work with languages. Already we know there will be multiple moments where we are spoken to via pre-recorded videos. I guess it’ll just be English?
To be fair, this gives them a lot of space to work for future development. Better to have some walls of trees with room to grow the park organically than to squish everything together right away.

As far as the ride, I’d imagine they’ll just have French voice actors dub over whichever lines they feel aren’t going to translate well visually.

ToTBellHop

I take it you've never been to Disney's Animal Kingdom...

ToTBellHop

Gotta walk off the carbs!!
Now THAT'S Paris' problem. Where's the good food?!?!? You build a park in FREAKIN FRANCE and I can't find good pastry or coffee? Dafudge?! Inedible pizza makes sense in Florida because that's the only type of pizza they make more than 100 miles from NYC, but DLP should should have AMAZING food. No shortage of talent in the area to run the restaurants...

Mickeyboof

Now THAT'S Paris' problem. Where's the good food?!?!? You build a park in FREAKIN FRANCE and I can't find good pastry or coffee? Dafudge?! Inedible pizza makes sense in Florida because that's the only type of pizza they make more than 100 miles from NYC, but DLP should should have AMAZING food. No shortage of talent in the area to run the restaurants...

The food is shocking! I do have a deep love for the croque monsieur at Market House Deli. But one dish in the whole park isn’t enough.

I wonder if Paris will get Star Wars dishes....?

_caleb

Things about RotR I'm most excited about:
  • Blaster bolts
  • The scale of the ride (hugemongous)
  • AT-ATs (even if they ARE only visible for about .009 seconds!)
  • "Crashing" back to Batuu at the end
  • Stormtrooper AAs (hoping for at least SOME movement)
Things about RotR I'm least excited about:
  • Having to explain the ride's storyline to friends/family in my party
  • Other guests pausing mid-ride for Instagram photos
  • Inevitable bad show when immersion broken by operations (announcements, etc.)
  • 2D Stormtroopers on screenz

Steph15251

I'm looking forward to that just for the horrific joke, "You're a little flat for a stormtrooper."

In all honesty, I'm hoping, but not holding my breath, that this attraction might encourage Disney to build more long-form attractions versus those lasting only a couple of minutes.
I am with you ,but I feel Disney ,well at least Disney world has quite a bit pretty long rides.also many of the rides have pre shows.

hyro0o0

I'm pretty sure the reason Disneyland has shorter rides is lack of space. They had to take a huge chunk out of their backstage operations just to fit Galaxy's Edge in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom