Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

TrainsOfDisney

At this point I don't see why they'd bother. This summer they learned that 10-hour line headlines means "smash hit" and overmanaged crowd control means "flop". With the way social media works the complaints about long waits and crowds indicates great success.

How does that translate elsewhere in the world. If a pop star is selling out arenas, that’s a huge success. If a pop star is playing a respectable but not capacity crowd it’s not considered “well managed” ha

yensidtlaw1969

How does that translate elsewhere in the world. If a pop star is selling out arenas, that’s a huge success. If a pop star is playing a respectable but not capacity crowd it’s not considered “well managed” ha
But people have the wisdom to know that having a line around the block at a music hall is not necessarily better than playing to a respectable crowd at an arena.

Is Na'vi River Journey a better ride than Pirates just because its line is longer? Does the fact that Pirates can handle more people more quickly not factor in?

captveg

It's the balancing act between high volume without turning away large crowds that's the problem. A concert wouldn't be so great if you are always waiting in line to get in hours after it started.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know another person already asked this but I didn't see it answered. Do any insiders know how long it will be before they start using fastpass for this? And how long was Pandora open before they installed fastpass for it?
It depends on how busy it gets and how long it remains.

FastPass is being disabled for “better efficiency”.

I know. Imagine that.

Last edited:

JohnD

Apparently Carrie Fisher/General Organa will be in the ride? Does anyone know if she taped the footage before her death or will it be CGI?

Three possibilities:
1. She recorded dialogue
2. Her voice was taken from the movies or outtakes
3. Someone else is the voice of Leia

In all cases CGI or an AA. Similar to the actors from HP and the fact that she passed, it’s most likely #3.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Anyone else see the leaked photo from the hangar scene on ROTR with the stormtrooper animatronics all covered in plastic? I am hesitant to post since it's a leak and I respect Disney and their IP. You can find it for yourself on the Star Wars Leaks subreddit.

The image is amazing and if all of those troopers have even a slight bit of movement programmed into them, then this scene alone is going to be the best thing Disney has done in a long time. Not to mention the massive screen in the back of the scene that will project the space battle.

the_rich

Anyone else see the leaked photo from the hangar scene on ROTR with the stormtrooper animatronics all covered in plastic? I am hesitant to post since it's a leak and I respect Disney and their IP. You can find it for yourself on the Star Wars Leaks subreddit.

The image is amazing and if all of those troopers have even a slight bit of movement programmed into them, then this scene alone is going to be the best thing Disney has done in a long time. Not to mention the massive screen in the back of the scene that will project the space battle.
That looks like it's gonna be pretty amazing.

GlacierGlacier

Of course it opens right when us UCF students are beginning our final exams for our Fall Semester 😂

That just means we get a nice treat after we stress for a week.

Rogue1138

I know another person already asked this but I didn't see it answered. Do any insiders know how long it will be before they start using fastpass for this? And how long was Pandora open before they installed fastpass for it?

We usual go to WDW first week of May but that year we had things come up that kept pushing it back until it was Pandora's opening weekend. I fast passed both rides for our trip but the lines to get into Pandora averaged an hour or more, let alone the ride lines. I have a feeling even if they did FP for MFSR, it wouldn't matter.

seascape

I am going to SWGE in September and November before Thanksgiving so I will have to wait until my January visit to ride RotR but I can't wait. I expect WDW to have a massive December. I am extremely happy that they are opening it after my November trip so I can enjoy the land and buy my lightsaber and droid before it is completely crazy. In January I will hust do the one ride, RotR, and not worry about the craziness.

Rob562

I am going to SWGE in September and November before Thanksgiving so I will have to wait until my January visit to ride RotR but I can't wait. I expect WDW to have a massive December. I am extremely happy that they are opening it after my November trip so I can enjoy the land and buy my lightsaber and droid before it is completely crazy. In January I will hust do the one ride, RotR, and not worry about the craziness.

We were already strongly considering going the second week of December. Now that RotR is opening two days before we get there, we may have to weigh our options and whether or not we want to deal with the opening week of the full land being open.

At least we already have a refundable reservation booked at one of the Disney Springs hotels. Rooms are about to be very scarce.

-Rob

Minthorne

We were already strongly considering going the second week of December. Now that RotR is opening two days before we get there, we may have to weigh our options and whether or not we want to deal with the opening week of the full land being open.

At least we already have a refundable reservation booked at one of the Disney Springs hotels. Rooms are about to be very scarce.

-Rob

We booked 12/13 - 21 at Boardwalk DVC at 11 months hoping it all would be open by then - I'm very excited to deal with the near opening (full nerd mode!)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So the current thought is December is going to be crazy busy because RotR is opening on December 5? I can understand that. But what happens to DHS between August 29 and December 4? Do people say, "Meh, I'm avoiding SW:GE until RotR opens" or do they still arrive in the droves TDO/TWDC is, or at least was, expecting?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom