Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
...its a controlled drop/descent back to Batuu.
Your ride car will drive into an escape pod/ship "thingy" and then launch back to Batuu. The pod takes twists and turns as it heads back through the atmosphere...it "crashes" pretty quickly and you can see Galaxy's Edge coming up fast as you crash inside the giant engine-like craft. Your car will then roll out and you disembark, walk out.

Picture #1 - your pod/escape craft.
Picture #2 - you've seen this in every SWGE picture but the giant engine thingy your vehicle ends up inside.

View attachment 365880

View attachment 365881

**cough** photo credits **cough** ;)

180º

I had a dream. Happy Easter.

View attachment 366914

View attachment 366915

Discuss amongst yourselves. Excited yet?
Not to brag, but this looks a lot like my in-progress ROTR edition of “Speculation None More Rampant.” I feel affirmed! Some of the interesting things I can learn from your drawings are the bits of vehicle choreography. That certainly gives us an idea of what happens in each scene. Thanks as always for spilling the tea! :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not to brag, but this looks a lot like my in-progress ROTR edition of “Speculation None More Rampant.” I feel affirmed! Some of the interesting things I can learn from your drawings are the bits of vehicle choreography. That certainly gives us an idea of what happens in each scene. Thanks as always for spilling the tea! :D
They may be totally wrong of course.

wdizneew

Can someone whose better at reading Martin-ese clue me in to the writing above "Round Thing"? All I'm getting is "Tea Bag Reeses," and I'd like to hope thats wrong.

I believe the "round thing" is the turntable for the spaceship you board. On one side, you board the ship and then as you "fly" up to space and get captured, the preshow room spins 180 and you offload into the hangar bay on the other side while another group of guests load etc.

SWGalaxysEdge

I believe the "round thing" is the turntable for the spaceship you board. On one side, you board the ship and then as you "fly" up to space and get captured, the preshow room spins 180 and you offload into the hangar bay on the other side while another group of guests load etc.

HowItWorks_04-02-19.png

wdizneew

Here's my interpretation of the blurry photos posted by @marni1971 and RUMORED/SPECULATED information posted by other websites regarding the story line of RotR

SPOILERS

Starting from the left side of the 1st level, guests board the transport in the "round thing" and spin and offload in the hangar bay. They proceed to the black box with the "S" which is the safety spiel room and proceed to one of the 4 light blue boxes where they board their vehicle. The vehicle moves through the hallways into the dark blue box labeled "Kylo" where they will meet the Kylo animatronic and then go to the green box and face the 2 AT-ATs which shoot at them. The vehicles separate and go to their respective elevators to the 2nd floor denoted by the purple boxes.

Looking at the 2nd level, the vehicles spin and leave the elevators and meet each other where they will look at a screen and then spin around to see Kylo and Hux on an elevated platform talking (2 black boxes which I drew over the dotted lines). The vehicles go to the "gun room" with the black line denoting the video screen into space where guests can see the guns shooting at resistance ships. Next, the vehicles turn the corner where they face Kylo before the ship gets hit by a blast.

"This blast will cause Kylo Ren to get caught between a broken piece of the ship and the guests... may get a call from the Resistance ships to find an escape pod... They almost make it before meeting up with Kylo Ren one last time. He uses the force to hold up the room as he comes at you, but at the last second, a wall collapses which causes him to focus all his attention on not getting hit."

The vehicles back into an escape pod in the green circle and "drop" down to the 1st level and land back in Black Spire where the guests will exit.

This is just an educated guess but I believe once the guests exit the vehicles, the vehicles will go up the left side of the green circle escape pods and park in the light blue boxes. Notice the left wall 2nd level of the green circle escape pods does not align to the left wall 1st level of the green circle escape pods. I know it's a crude sketch but there could be a corridor not marked there on the 1st level.

1st level:
RotR a.jpg

2nd level:
RotR b.jpg

ajbidwell

If they’ve fixed the problem is there any chance this opens closer to when the land opens in DHS?
To second this, I am going 12/5-12/8. With all this exciting new news is that a reasonable date to experience this ride or should I be looking to push things back another month or so?

trainplane3

Congrats on getting your own show scene in this attraction.
SCENE 2a: AT-ATs are firing at you. You hurry away in your prisoner transport. You turn a hard left.
SCENE 2b: Your transport locks into a elevator with a shadowy figure in front.
SCENE 2c: A British man turns around (wearing a EPCOT Center sleeveless shirt), points a camcorder at the ride vehicle. Excited to see the group of bewildered tourists, he feels it's a good time to cover the history of Stars Wars, it's eventual buy out by Disney, and the construction of this attraction.
SCENE 2c runtime: Approx. 240 mins.

We've figured out the issue wifi issue here. It was timing out due to the vehicle being stationary for so long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom