Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

matt9112

..its there...see yellow box....

View attachment 425415

Now i want to know the function of a rotating arm thing attached to a turret. The turret appears completely stationary as the axis and the arm thing would rotate 360 degrees around interlocked into the side of the turret. It appears thd turret rotates the armament on its own? I cant really imagine a way the rotating arm somehow moves the true turret portion. So whats the movable crawler arm for?

Rob562

Now i want to know the function of a rotating arm thing attached to a turret. The turret appears completely stationary as the axis and the arm thing would rotate 360 degrees around interlocked into the side of the turret. It appears thd turret rotates the armament on its own? I cant really imagine a way the rotating arm somehow moves the true turret portion. So whats the movable crawler arm for?

There's a satellite dish on the end of the arm...

-Rob

Jones14

So to adjust the dish the entire thing needs to spin around? Vs just having a small motor at the dish itself? I guess its creative
I imagined it as the whole thing can be folded up to be transported or repaired and then unfolded again into it’s proper arrangement, which is how it’s set up at the moment.

Rob562

So to adjust the dish the entire thing needs to spin around? Vs just having a small motor at the dish itself? I guess its creative

Didn't say it made sense. 😉

Perhaps it's some kind of cover/shield for personnel, ammo or equipment. Or perhaps bracing against gun turret recoil? I'd have to look at it in person.

-Rob

SWGalaxysEdge

Word was passed down to me (through the lovely game of telephone, so take with grain of salt) that WDW is working around the clock and their goal is Dec 1st or 2nd to be completed. Doesn't give them much time. Unless they just have cast only riding for practice before then.

... I believe it for sure... gonna be down to the wire... Dec 5th should be a nightmare ( I really hope not, but...)

wityblack

From my Bothan spy contacts, GE West is still working hard on the RotR ride vehicles. I can't specify what they are working on (nothing to do with ADA conversions) but it takes about 6-8 hours (almost a full shift) per car to do what they are doing to them. Still got about 18 cars to go, last I heard.
How many of them died to bring you this information?

rsm

From my Bothan spy contacts, GE West is still working hard on the RotR ride vehicles. I can't specify what they are working on (nothing to do with ADA conversions) but it takes about 6-8 hours (almost a full shift) per car to do what they are doing to them. Still got about 18 cars to go, last I heard.

So worst case scenario that's 144 hours, or only 6 days. This thing ought to be ready by Thanksgiving ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Word was passed down to me (through the lovely game of telephone, so take with grain of salt) that WDW is working around the clock and their goal is Dec 1st or 2nd to be completed. Doesn't give them much time. Unless they just have cast only riding for practice before then.

It would be quite embarrassing to disinvite the press for their press day for which invites have been sent.

WhatJaneSays

Can confirm this. I was chatting with one of my inside mice and they were bemoaning the actuality of potentially having to do capacity testing without enough vehicles to make a proper test. They estimated that they were still on track, just testing might be a bit crunched.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom