Rise of the Resistance Opening date December 5th. Should Disney have just held off on opening SWGE until then like seemed to be the original plan?

Da Bird is Da Word

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea what kind of ride this is going to be? I’m imagining it’s gonna be kind of like Dinosaur from Animal Kingdom, but with the latest and greatest tech. Something like that? Totally different?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Uhhhhhh, yeah I’ve heard of that. And 5 days before Christmas is still winter. At least up here in the northeast it is anyway!

I'm in the NE, too. We know the difference between calendar winter and seasonal winter.

You know who isn't in the NE? Orlando. They don't get snowfall a week before Christmas, so all they got is calendar seasons.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Ummmm, I’m not sure 4 days before Christmas counts as fall on any planet. But I get the point you’re making.
What? In the northern hemisphere, the first day of winter is December 21 or 22. Always. That's not a "point I'm trying to make," it's an absolute fact.

JusticeDisney

What? In the northern hemisphere, the first day of winter is December 21 or 22. Always. That's not a "point I'm trying to make," it's an absolute fact.

View attachment 389464
Yeah, I understand that. But literally nobody (at least up here in the northeast) views 5 days before Christmas as the fall. That’s an absolute fact as well.

Just like nobody actually considers mid June to be Spring, even though we haven’t reached the summer solstice yet. Why do you think WDW offers “summer fun” type room discounts that begin in early June? Also, when kids get out of school in early or mid June, does anybody say they are out on spring break? Of course not, they are out on summer break.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

View attachment 389464
Yeah, I understand that. But literally nobody (at least up here in the northeast) views 5 days before Christmas as the fall. That’s an absolute fact as well.

Just like nobody actually considers mid June to be Spring, even though we haven’t reached the summer solstice yet. Why do you think WDW offers “summer fun” type room discounts that begin in early June? Also, when kids get out of school in early or mid June, does anybody say they are out on spring break? Of course not, they are out on summer break.

You're both correct. Public perception of seasons is about a month off from the actual season to season transition. @CaptainAmerica is correct that Disney HAS to use the official seasonal dates, but @JusticeDisney has a good argument inasmuch as the seasonal opening time frame may not be the best way to communicate information to the general public. I don't like "3rd quarter" of xxxx since that sounds too much like I'm at work. Maybe they could just use "early", "mid", and "late". They clearly want a lack of specificity with the dates (I would too with overseeing such large complicated projects) and dividing the year into thirds instead of quarters gives them even less temporal resolution. Anyway, sorry to interrupt the argument.

JusticeDisney

You're both correct. Public perception of seasons is about a month off from the actual season to season transition. @CaptainAmerica is correct that Disney HAS to use the official seasonal dates, but @JusticeDisney has a good argument inasmuch as the seasonal opening time frame may not be the best way to communicate information to the general public. I don't like "3rd quarter" of xxxx since that sounds too much like I'm at work. Maybe they could just use "early", "mid", and "late". They clearly want a lack of specificity with the dates (I would too with overseeing such large complicated projects) and dividing the year into thirds instead of quarters gives them even less temporal resolution. Anyway, sorry to interrupt the argument.
Thank you, you made my point much clearer than I obviously was able to.

TaoBoxer

Kinda disappointed that only one attraction will be opened on the 29th, because we booked FQ for the long holiday weekend. However, on the bright side, all parks will have extra morning hours. Plus, we did manage to book MNSSHP.

matt9112

I'm in the NE, too. We know the difference between calendar winter and seasonal winter.

You know who isn't in the NE? Orlando. They don't get snowfall a week before Christmas, so all they got is calendar seasons.

seasons what are those? a few days a year its cold enough to drink hot chocolate and wear a hoodie. boy do i jump on those opportunities.

mf1972

i was hoping ROTR would’ve been open for our october trip, but it’s not the end of the world. i can wait the following year.
i don’t know the specifics for the ride, so let them work the bugs out first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom