Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

slipperalwaysfits

Les Halles was my destination!!
You are Disney Pros to be able to head to Epcot for Soarin and then enjoy Les Halles! What a great way to spend your last park day!

I thought their reflections in this picture were pretty cool!!

That is a fantastic pic!\

The gentleman there had been playing & still had credits left but was done. He asked J if he wanted to use the rest of his credits. That was very nice of him!!

Awwwwwwwww, how sweet! What a great way to pay it forward!

Minnesota disney fan

Thanks you so much, Patti, for the much needed break from all this virus stuff!!!! It brought back so many memories of our trip this past FEb/ March. We left the first week of March, and Hubby got sick with cough, etc. We will really never know if it was an early sign of the virus or not? I am glad your husband got better. It sure sounds like he might have had it. My husband didn't have shortness of breath, however. I love your TR's and J is adorable. You and J have a wonderful bond and that is so special. I had that with my oldest grandson, and he is now grown up but we still have that bond:) Here's hoping we can all get back to our favorite place in the World, ASAP.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Their symptoms definitely do match. R said the scariest part was the shortness of breath. He kept saying he was out of shape but I really don't see that being the case. He runs around all the time with the kids at recess so to have an issue walking up a flight of stairs is bothersome. I remember by the end of the day he was totally wiped out. I know R's doctor prescribed him a z pak. He said it didn't kick in as fast as it normally does but either it eventually did or the virus just ran its course. I'm glad she was strong enough to fight it off & didn't end up in the hospital. Prayers for her continued health!!

I must admit I’ve been wondering if what I came back with from my trip was it as well. For an entire week the fever just kept coming back. And I too suffered from shortness of breath long after I got over the cough. About three weeks after I went back to work (I stayed home for an entire week after my vacation), I went out for drinks with friends and they commented at how out of breath I was walking up a steep hill.

lindawdw

The last day of my trip at WDW in December, I started with a sore throat which by the night I got home was getting worse. I ended up with terrible night sweats/fever for a couple of nights which also turned into a dry cough. It lasted about a week but never turned into anything anything like bronchitis which I have had in the past. I also look back on it and wonder did I have the virus. I guess the only way to know is if you test for the antibodies.

riverside

Original Poster
I hadn't heard about it presenting as stomach issues, but there was a news story here a couple of days ago that it started here long before they had the first confirmed cases. The first positive test was February 15th here, but there was a woman who was in the hospital on Feb 21st who said she had been coughing for WEEKS. So she had to have had it before Feb 15th, and there's the incubation period to consider, so taking that all into account, it had to have been here by at LEAST the end of January.

I was thinking about that, and it makes more sense if it was there earlier. With as many people as travel around Christmas, how likely is it that it didn't make its way out of China before February, when it apparently started there in October? Would it really have taken nearly 6 months to spread? I think the only reason they didn't have any confirmed cases until February is because they weren't testing for it. It never occurred to anyone that it was the same thing. Italy is also investigating because they saw a rise in their ICU patients in Lombardy with pneumonia and flu like symptoms, some resulting in death, already in December. And I know I had several coworkers whose entire families had Pneumonia in December or January. I had never heard of pneumonia spreading from person to person...I had always thought of it as a result of some other illness that got worse and turned INTO Pneumonia. My BIL was in the hospital with Pneumonia in January and February, just before all the Corona stuff. He doesn't think he had Covid, because he thinks it would have been worse....he wasn't in the ICU, but he's in an extremely high risk group having had a kidney transplant. But he was in and out of the hospital and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him, which would be consistent with a new illness. His kidney function also took a nosedive which is why he was eventually admitted to the hospital, before they diagnosed him with Pneumonia, and even after several rounds of really strong antibiotics, it didn't respond, which it wouldn't if it was viral. I'm thinking it started a long time ago and we just were slow to realize it because it looked so much like standard cold/flu in most people.
I take it with a grain of salt b/c I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet but some of my family had heard the same thing but who knows. I just don't understand how it could be that when it's a respiratory sickness. Whatever it was it was wicked. A couple days into it for me my boss ended up getting it too! It was a downright awful time for us b/c I had let our night manager go about 2 weeks before that & we were working totally crazy schedules then to have that happen--to both of us!! It was an absolute mess.

How is your BIL doing now?

I totally agree with you. I believe it's been around longer than we realize. E has a neighbor that was admitted to the hospital on January 1st. All the typical symptoms but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks & is home and fine now but it surely sounds like she had it.
You are Disney Pros to be able to head to Epcot for Soarin and then enjoy Les Halles! What a great way to spend your last park day!
I'm so glad we went. It was probably good for R also. He could rest without having us around.
That is a fantastic pic!\
Thanks!!
Awwwwwwwww, how sweet! What a great way to pay it forward!
That was really nice of him!!
Thanks you so much, Patti, for the much needed break from all this virus stuff!!!! It brought back so many memories of our trip this past FEb/ March. We left the first week of March, and Hubby got sick with cough, etc. We will really never know if it was an early sign of the virus or not? I am glad your husband got better. It sure sounds like he might have had it. My husband didn't have shortness of breath, however. I love your TR's and J is adorable. You and J have a wonderful bond and that is so special. I had that with my oldest grandson, and he is now grown up but we still have that bond:) Here's hoping we can all get back to our favorite place in the World, ASAP.
You're so welcome!! And thank you so much for the kind words--I'm glad you enjoy them!! I do have a lot of fun reliving them. I especially enjoy the interaction with all of you. That's what really makes these fun!! R(who for the longest time made fun of me for these) just said the other day that it's nice to have these & to be able to look back on the trips. He was skimming through this one the other day & said that he had forgot that he had been feeding the birds & this was only a few months ago. I'm hoping that when J gets older he might like to read these. I would hope he would enjoy them!! I would hope he would like to see the things he did/said. Maybe your husband had a milder case of it?? That wouldn't surprise me. There were a couple times where I thought I was going to abandon this TR. This whole virus just put me in a major funk. Between being absolutely slammed at work when this first happened, the closing of businesses & life just totally changing as we know it I just didn't have it in me to do it. I'm glad I got back to it b/c it does brighten my day. Now I'm bummed b/c I'm almost at the end of it!!
I must admit I’ve been wondering if what I came back with from my trip was it as well. For an entire week the fever just kept coming back. And I too suffered from shortness of breath long after I got over the cough. About three weeks after I went back to work (I stayed home for an entire week after my vacation), I went out for drinks with friends and they commented at how out of breath I was walking up a steep hill.
It wouldn't surprise me at all. It sounds like it. How about this--after we came back from our trip in November E had a cough for a solid 2 months!! She finally got better shortly before we went back to Disney in January. I can't remember if she had a fever or not but at one point she told me she thought she might have pneumonia & her body hurt from coughing so much. She may very well have had it also.
The last day of my trip at WDW in December, I started with a sore throat which by the night I got home was getting worse. I ended up with terrible night sweats/fever for a couple of nights which also turned into a dry cough. It lasted about a week but never turned into anything anything like bronchitis which I have had in the past. I also look back on it and wonder did I have the virus. I guess the only way to know is if you test for the antibodies.
Very possible. I believe this has been around longer than we think.

Rista1313

Why do I think the silly picture is a thing with boys? Scott's sons are 21 and 27 and they still make goofy faces! 2 tricks to get them to take normal pictures.... we tell them they have to take a "nice grandma picture" or we tell them ok... 2 goofy pics and 1 nice pic. (thank goodness for digital pictures, cuz that wouldn't work with film!)

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

I had to make sure I got a pic of my absolute favorite Disney character--Sebastian!!
IMG_5773.JPEG

IMG_5774.JPEG

Back to The Lion King section!
IMG_5775.JPEG

I didn't notice it until now but doesn't that hyena look like he's ready to pounce on J?
IMG_5776.JPEG

We walked through Animation Hall one last time--I may have stopped in the gift shop to get a treat for the plane ride :cautious:
IMG_5777.JPEG

We took our place at the saddest spot in all of Walt Disney World.
IMG_5778.JPEG

Enjoying our last few moments of sunshine.
IMG_5779.JPEG

E passed the time by having to do something for work.
IMG_5780.JPEG

Not our bus....
IMG_5781.JPEG

This one 👎
IMG_5782.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
Why do I think the silly picture is a thing with boys? Scott's sons are 21 and 27 and they still make goofy faces! 2 tricks to get them to take normal pictures.... we tell them they have to take a "nice grandma picture" or we tell them ok... 2 goofy pics and 1 nice pic. (thank goodness for digital pictures, cuz that wouldn't work with film!)
I like that idea!! I'll have to try that next time & see how it goes!! Film--oh gosh, think of how many wasted pictures there were then!!

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

J picked & assigned us seats on the bus. We were in the last two rows--no surprise there b/c we all know how he likes to sit in the back of the bus. He told his mom & R to sit in front of us & we sat behind them. There was a method to his madness.....
IMG_5783.JPEG

He was checking to make sure they were busy.
IMG_5784.JPEG

See ya AoA!! It's not POR but I was still sad to be leaving.
IMG_5785.JPEG

We stopped at Pop Century to pick more people up.
IMG_5786.JPEG

As we were pulling out of Pop J said, "This looks nice. Maybe we should stay here next time." Funny thing is on our November trip when we were leaving our bus stopped at AoA & he had said the same thing then! Lo & behold look where we ended up!!
IMG_5787.JPEG

The reason he wanted E & R to sit in front of us--so they(E) wouldn't see this!!
IMG_5788.JPEG

They were both busy so I don't know if they would have noticed anyway. E was still doing something for work on the computer. Right before we left AoA R had got a call from one of the teachers & he was still on the phone with her trying to straighten something out.
IMG_5789.JPEG

Still making sure he was safe!!
IMG_5790.JPEG

He's in the clear!!
IMG_5793.JPEG

How can this sign give one so many mixed emotions? Pure joy upon arrival & sadness when leaving.
IMG_5794.JPEG

lindawdw

J is such a delight! He really does love his jelly beans. 😊 You're absolutely right about the WDW sign and the emotions that go along with it! I can't believe this TR has almost come to an end as it's helped so many of us get through this difficult time. Thank you!

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

While we were waiting for E to get the stroller from the bus J decided to take a seat--at least he chose a bench instead of the ground! 🤣
IMG_5795.JPEG

Oh how I wish!!
IMG_5796.JPEG

We browsed the Universal store for a bit but none of us bought anything.
IMG_5797.JPEG

While we were in there we heard the most awful singing. We came outside of the store to this. I don't know what was going on--maybe a karaoke of some sort?? There were no signs up & none of us could figure it out. I'm by no means making fun of the lady & God bless her for having the courage to get up there & do it but wow.....
IMG_5798.JPEG

We sought refuge in the Magic of Disney.
IMG_5799.JPEG

I bought this.
IMG_5800.JPEG

The TSA Precheck line was empty which was great.
IMG_5801.JPEG

Now comes the BIG low point of the trip. We got on the wrong "monorail". I don't know what we were thinking & this wasn't the first time we've done this:facepalm: R was pretty ticked. No big deal I told him. The last time we did this we took it back & jumped on the other one. He asked if we were going to have to go through security again & I told him no.
IMG_5803.JPEG

Well, at least the last time this happened we didn't. When a TSA agent saw us heading to the other "monorail" he told us we couldn't & had to go back through security:oops: Maybe we got lucky last time?? Whatever the case may be R was LIVID. He didn't feel good & all he wanted to do was sit down. He was not happy in the least. His words, "This is the worst part about flying & now we have to do it twice." Sorry R, it's not like we did it on purpose.
IMG_5805.JPEG

Now we're on the right path!!
IMG_5809.JPEG

RememberWhen

MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

While we were waiting for E to get the stroller from the bus J decided to take a seat--at least he chose a bench instead of the ground! 🤣
View attachment 466655

Oh how I wish!!
View attachment 466656

View attachment 466657

While we were in there we heard the most awful singing. We came outside of the store to this. I don't know what was going on--maybe a karaoke of some sort?? There were no signs up & none of us could figure it out. I'm by no means making fun of the lady & God bless her for having the courage to get up there & do it but wow.....
View attachment 466658

View attachment 466659

I bought this.
View attachment 466660

View attachment 466661

Now comes the BIG low point of the trip. We got on the wrong "monorail". I don't know what we were thinking & this wasn't the first time we've done this:facepalm: R was pretty ticked. No big deal I told him. The last time we did this we took it back & jumped on the other one. He asked if we were going to have to go through security again & I told him no.
View attachment 466662

Well, at least the last time this happened we didn't. When a TSA agent saw us heading to the other "monorail" he told us we couldn't & had to go back through security:oops: Maybe we got lucky last time?? Whatever the case may be R was LIVID. He didn't feel good & all he wanted to do was sit down. He was not happy in the least. His words, "This is the worst part about flying & now we have to do it twice." Sorry R, it's not like we did it on purpose.
View attachment 466663

View attachment 466664
We’ve gotten on the wrong monorail too! The first time we had to back through security. We got the same TSA agent and she looked at us like we were morons. But we had two kids and tons of stuff. We just missed the sign! Most recently we didn’t have to go back through. Maybe we were supposed to and cheated? It seems like an easy mistake to make.
Also, keep buying those jelly beans! That’s what Aunts are for. ❤️ J is a delight.

slipperalwaysfits

I'm hoping that when J gets older he might like to read these. I would hope he would enjoy them!! I would hope he would like to see the things he did/said.
Right before we left AoA R had got a call from one of the teachers & he was still on the phone with her trying to straighten something out.

I know you are super busy now, but maybe you can start putting these together in some sort of book or binder for J and when he's older he will have the whole enchilada and the funny sayings! Whatever you do, it will be the most meaningful gift ever.

From a teacher who's had a very attentive principal, I want to commend R. We try not to bother Admin when they are on vacay but sometimes....there's THAT issue that pops up and we need advice PRONTO! So please tell him thanks for being available to his teachers!

Songbird76

I take it with a grain of salt b/c I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet but some of my family had heard the same thing but who knows. I just don't understand how it could be that when it's a respiratory sickness. Whatever it was it was wicked. A couple days into it for me my boss ended up getting it too! It was a downright awful time for us b/c I had let our night manager go about 2 weeks before that & we were working totally crazy schedules then to have that happen--to both of us!! It was an absolute mess.

How is your BIL doing now?

I totally agree with you. I believe it's been around longer than we realize. E has a neighbor that was admitted to the hospital on January 1st. All the typical symptoms but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks & is home and fine now but it surely sounds like she had it.
Well, I read that that ship where they tested everyone on board...(navy ship maybe?), 60% of those who tested positive were asymptomatic. And they've been saying here since the beginning that younger people were reporting milder symptoms than those in the high risk groups, and at one point they said 25% were asymptomatic. And when you are ill, your immune system is fighting hard. It's possible that people have more than one illness at a time. So they get a stomach flu at the same time as a respiratory infection, get tested and discover it's Covid-19, but that the stomach issues are unrelated to that, but they had it at the same time, so they get reported as possible symptoms. Who knows?

My BIL is fine now. He was in and out of the hospital for about 2 months I think? He was feeling really really tired, and got winded walking from his house to his parents' house half a block away, and he had a slight fever. For him, fever means he has to go to the hospital in case his body starts attacking the transplanted kidney. (I think that's why, anyway) So he went in and he was in for a week or two, and he had already been sick for a week or two before he went in. He had some testing done, but they couldn't find an infection, but said he was dehydrated. So they put him on an IV and got him hydrated, then released him just before his birthday. We went to see him on his birthday, but he was SOOOO tired, we just had a drink with him and then he went to bed. The next day or the day after that, he went back to the hospital. His kidney doctor hadn't been there the first time he was admitted, but was when he went back, so they tested his kidney function and he was down to 20%. Normal for him is around 35% But they still couldn't find any bacteria or anything. He was in the hospital for another....3-4 weeks I think? They gave him antibiotics, but they weren't working. So they did all sorts of scans and such and said he had pneumonia, so they gave him or more specialized antibiotic for lungs, but it still didn't respond. They thought maybe it was his kidney meds causing it, so they took him off that and put him on another one. Eventually he did get better, and he was released, but he was exhausted for a few weeks after. He started with it in January and I think he was released in the first week of March or so. We started really hearing about Covid outside of China at the end of February. I remember hoping he didn't catch it from someone in the hospital, especially when the first couple of cases showed up in the town where he lives, and then a couple were admitted to the hospital he was in. But they never tested him for it because he had been in there for so long at that point that they never considered that, and it was so hard to get tests then anyway. But as soon as he was released, he went home and has just stayed there. He's been able to have groceries delivered and my in-laws live right there and my MIL makes food for him sometimes. So he hasn't had to go out at all. Moot point if he already had it, but he doesn't think it could have been that, so he's still hibernating.

Is R completely recovered now? How long did he have whatever he had?

Songbird76

MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

View attachment 466655

Oh how I wish!!
View attachment 466656

View attachment 466657

View attachment 466658

View attachment 466659

I bought this.
View attachment 466660

View attachment 466661

View attachment 466662

View attachment 466663

View attachment 466664
Ugh....he's not wrong about that being the worst part of flying. The first time we brought the kids to Disney, I don't know WHAT was going on, but we had to go through security flying IN to MCO, and not just once. We got of the plane and there was an immediate security check. My son was 2 and had to take off his shoes. They were red Cars crocs and he LOVED those shoes, and he didn't understand that they were just checking them and he'd get them back. He screamed bloody murder because he thought they were stealing his beloved shoes. And we had to go through 3 different security checkpoints and remove the shoes every single time. The poor kid was traumatized.

lindawdw

Such a cute Disney clipboard pad you bought yourself! Sorry R was feeling so frustrated but when you're feeling that lousy, all you want to do is get home to your own bed I'm sure. :( We did the wrong TSA gate and monorail also and then had to go through the correct security line before getting to our gate.

riverside

Original Poster
That hyena does look like he is going to pounce on J!!!😊 The sky looks so blue on your last day which makes it all the harder to leave our Happy Place! It's always sad when that TE bus pulls up. 😔 I've really enjoyed every moment of this TR.
It was a very pretty day there that's for sure. Thank you soooo much!! A few more posts & it should be wrapped up.
J is such a delight! He really does love his jelly beans. 😊 You're absolutely right about the WDW sign and the emotions that go along with it! I can't believe this TR has almost come to an end as it's helped so many of us get through this difficult time. Thank you!
He is a lot of fun!! I'm glad I could be of assistance!! Writing it helped me also!!
We’ve gotten on the wrong monorail too! The first time we had to back through security. We got the same TSA agent and she looked at us like we were morons. But we had two kids and tons of stuff. We just missed the sign! Most recently we didn’t have to go back through. Maybe we were supposed to and cheated? It seems like an easy mistake to make.
Also, keep buying those jelly beans! That’s what Aunts are for. ❤ J is a delight.
I'm glad we're not the only ones--& more than just once!! :hilarious: I think we just got lucky the first time & nobody was paying attention!! I really don't know what our excuse was(both times)!! Just not paying attention I guess!
Yes, he is & as long as I can keep getting away with it I'll buy them!!
I know you are super busy now, but maybe you can start putting these together in some sort of book or binder for J and when he's older he will have the whole enchilada and the funny sayings! Whatever you do, it will be the most meaningful gift ever.

From a teacher who's had a very attentive principal, I want to commend R. We try not to bother Admin when they are on vacay but sometimes....there's THAT issue that pops up and we need advice PRONTO! So please tell him thanks for being available to his teachers!
That's a great idea!! I'm not the most tech savvy though. Is there a way to print these things out? 🤔

Not trying to take away anything from R but I don't think his teachers knew that he was away since he didn't miss anytime from work. I'm pretty sure he didn't tell them. But, in all fairness it still was a day off for him b/c it was MLK day.
I was going to say something similar as @slipperalwaysfits about binding the TR into a book for J when he’s older.

And I KNEW you were going to tell us J was making sure he could sneak some jelly beans
Wait until you hear what he says about the licorice!!
Well, I read that that ship where they tested everyone on board...(navy ship maybe?), 60% of those who tested positive were asymptomatic. And they've been saying here since the beginning that younger people were reporting milder symptoms than those in the high risk groups, and at one point they said 25% were asymptomatic. And when you are ill, your immune system is fighting hard. It's possible that people have more than one illness at a time. So they get a stomach flu at the same time as a respiratory infection, get tested and discover it's Covid-19, but that the stomach issues are unrelated to that, but they had it at the same time, so they get reported as possible symptoms. Who knows?

My BIL is fine now. He was in and out of the hospital for about 2 months I think? He was feeling really really tired, and got winded walking from his house to his parents' house half a block away, and he had a slight fever. For him, fever means he has to go to the hospital in case his body starts attacking the transplanted kidney. (I think that's why, anyway) So he went in and he was in for a week or two, and he had already been sick for a week or two before he went in. He had some testing done, but they couldn't find an infection, but said he was dehydrated. So they put him on an IV and got him hydrated, then released him just before his birthday. We went to see him on his birthday, but he was SOOOO tired, we just had a drink with him and then he went to bed. The next day or the day after that, he went back to the hospital. His kidney doctor hadn't been there the first time he was admitted, but was when he went back, so they tested his kidney function and he was down to 20%. Normal for him is around 35% But they still couldn't find any bacteria or anything. He was in the hospital for another....3-4 weeks I think? They gave him antibiotics, but they weren't working. So they did all sorts of scans and such and said he had pneumonia, so they gave him or more specialized antibiotic for lungs, but it still didn't respond. They thought maybe it was his kidney meds causing it, so they took him off that and put him on another one. Eventually he did get better, and he was released, but he was exhausted for a few weeks after. He started with it in January and I think he was released in the first week of March or so. We started really hearing about Covid outside of China at the end of February. I remember hoping he didn't catch it from someone in the hospital, especially when the first couple of cases showed up in the town where he lives, and then a couple were admitted to the hospital he was in. But they never tested him for it because he had been in there for so long at that point that they never considered that, and it was so hard to get tests then anyway. But as soon as he was released, he went home and has just stayed there. He's been able to have groceries delivered and my in-laws live right there and my MIL makes food for him sometimes. So he hasn't had to go out at all. Moot point if he already had it, but he doesn't think it could have been that, so he's still hibernating.

Is R completely recovered now? How long did he have whatever he had?
That's a very good point.

Wow--your poor BIL. That sounds very rough. I feel bad for him.

Yes, he is recovered. I'm pretty sure it was about a month.
Ugh....he's not wrong about that being the worst part of flying. The first time we brought the kids to Disney, I don't know WHAT was going on, but we had to go through security flying IN to MCO, and not just once. We got of the plane and there was an immediate security check. My son was 2 and had to take off his shoes. They were red Cars crocs and he LOVED those shoes, and he didn't understand that they were just checking them and he'd get them back. He screamed bloody murder because he thought they were stealing his beloved shoes. And we had to go through 3 different security checkpoints and remove the shoes every single time. The poor kid was traumatized.
Oh wow--I can see why he would be traumatized!!
Such a cute Disney clipboard pad you bought yourself! Sorry R was feeling so frustrated but when you're feeling that lousy, all you want to do is get home to your own bed I'm sure. :( We did the wrong TSA gate and monorail also and then had to go through the correct security line before getting to our gate.
You also!! I'm feeling much better about this!! 🤣
I'm thinking the Night Manager that you got rid of did some voodoo on you and the boss. :cautious:
🤣🤣🤣 you're probably right!! If that's the case he got us good!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom