Rise of Skywalker Reaction thread... no spoilers

CinematicFusion

Original Poster
(No spoilers... just reactions)
Some early reactions to Rise of Skywalker. Two good ones and Two bad reactions from Campea and Mendelson who praised Last Jedi... interesting.

1.Rob Keyes

Just stepped out of #TheRiseofSkywalker . It’s an immensely satisfying and MASSIVE end to the saga. It somehow addresses issues, problematic characters, and most unanswered questions from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi too.

2.Mark Ellis

I’m emotional, overwhelmed, surprised, shocked & stunned. More than anything, I’m happy. Thanks for coming through one more time, Star Wars.

#TheRiseOfSkywalker

3.John Campea’s first reaction after seeing TROS..
Yikes.
(You can find it on Twitter if you wish)

4.Scott Mendelson of Forbes:

At worst, I expected #TheRiseOfSkywalker to be a well made movie that I didn't like or whose story choices I disagreed with. I was not expecting a genuinely bad movie with video game plotting, thin characters, weak action and endless exposition of no consequence. Heartbreaking...

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
As with all reviews, it is their own opinion I shall wait until 00:05 Thurs to find out for myself. I will post my reaction (with no spoilers) here.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I can't believe Jar Jar was Rey's father this whole time and a secret sith and and that Palpatine killed Chewie!!! I am in shock at what I saw. The lesbian kiss was also shocking at the end.

Piebald

I thought it was the best of the new trilogy, way better than the prequels and really shocked at the bad reviews. I do see that the RT audience score is like 89% versus TLJ audience score of sub 40.

I thought the movie was enjoyable, fun and a good end to the saga. Could it have been fleshed out more and had a better storyline than it did? Sure. But considering what they had to work with and Carrie's untimely death I thought it was pretty good. Lot darker than the other SW films with some horror movie style elements I really liked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom