RIP Target 5% discount

jlthomas81

See now I wouldn't be able to pay for my trip with them, I booked through a TA. I would feel bad putting her through that! lol I would probably use them on spending money, to pay for my tours I want to do while I'm there, snacks etc.

We paid for our trip using the Target gift cards this year. We set up a Disney Vacation Account and entered all the gift cards in to that. Then I just gave the TA our account number and she was able to pay off the trip with that. Not saying that inputing 65 cards was a blast...but it did save us $162!!

IMAG1427.jpg

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We paid for our trip using the Target gift cards this year. We set up a Disney Vacation Account and entered all the gift cards in to that. Then I just gave the TA our account number and she was able to pay off the trip with that. Not saying that inputing 65 cards was a blast...but it did save us $162!!

View attachment 89501
Wow! I have been living under a rock lol! I had no clue people do this and with so many gift cards! $162 is a good savings!! I thought you had to book your trip with Disney to use the vacation account?

Upvote 0

HRHPrincessAriel

I always take advantage when my grocery store does 4x fuel points a $100 gift card gets us .40 off per gallon...that about $10 off DH's truck. A $500 one gets us $1.00 off twice. That's at least a $50 savings.

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

You have to be a member obviously. BJ's has the $100 for $96. Not quite as good but better than nothing if you're a BJ's member.
Bought $300 for $288 at BJs on my Discover card because I had 300 Discover $$$, so I cashed them in and really got my gift cards for free!! Now I've got $800 on my Discover card and growing so by my trip in December I'll probably ave $1000 on Discover to purchase gift cards for $960!!

Upvote 0

Goofnut1980

I get my giftcards from Giant Eagle when they do 0.20/gal for every $50 you buy. So I bought $1100 the other day and had $4.40 off per gallon of gas.

So gas was $2.20 per gallon.. I was able to fill up my jeep and a few 5 gallon gas cans..for free and saved $66 on gas that one purchase.. and it left me another $2.20 for the next fill up... SO I ended up saving over $120 on gas for using the fuel perks.

Upvote 0

R W B

While discounts are always nice, if you're spending $3500-$4000 on a vacation (a non necessity), is it worth the time and what not just to save $150 or so by buying and inputting 50+ gift cards?

If I used a TA I guess I'd go ahead and do it but I wouldn't do it on my own. Just personal opinion.

Upvote 0

UncleMike101

While discounts are always nice, if you're spending $3500-$4000 on a vacation (a non necessity), is it worth the time and what not just to save $150 or so by buying and inputting 50+ gift cards?

If I used a TA I guess I'd go ahead and do it but I wouldn't do it on my own. Just personal opinion.
Uhhhhh..........
Yup.
I'm retired and I need every penny that I can save.
The medical group that my Doctor works for raised the price of a routine office call 110% since a certain law went into effect.
Saving 5% on a $4000.00 vacation pays for the two office calls a year that the Government requires to continue getting my meds.

Upvote 0

R W B

Uhhhhh..........
Yup.
I'm retired and I need every penny that I can save.
The medical group that my Doctor works for raised the price of a routine office call 110% since a certain law went into effect.
Saving 5% on a $4000.00 vacation pays for the two office calls a year that the Government requires to continue getting my meds.
I understand your situation and see why.

I wasn't asking as if their is a right or wrong answer, everyone's situation is different.

Upvote 0

dig311dug

Original Poster

I saved $600 on a $4000 trip...
so yes... yes it is.

Upvote 0

tookydo

I just bought $5300 in target cards for $4994 on Raise; I logged onto Raise.com through topcashback.com for an additional 2% back; used my Disney Visa for another 1% back. Logged on to Target and bought $5600 in Disney gift cards. After all is said and done, I got $5600 in Disney cards for just over $4800; a nearly $800 savings. Definitely worth the time and effort for me. I will get additional cards to cover tips, souvenirs, and any other misc. expenses, all at about 14% off.

Upvote 0

dig311dug

Original Poster
I just bought $5300 in target cards for $4994 on Raise; I logged onto Raise.com through topcashback.com for an additional 2% back; used my Disney Visa for another 1% back. Logged on to Target and bought $5600 in Disney gift cards. After all is said and done, I got $5600 in Disney cards for just over $4800; a nearly $800 savings. Definitely worth the time and effort for me. I will get additional cards to cover tips, souvenirs, and any other misc. expenses, all at about 14% off.

dam.
kudos good sir. (or madam)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom