Riots

Timmay

Another issue that has slowly arisen, is celebrities offering money to bail out those they are calling protesters. In reality, they’re bailing out rioters and looters. What these morons don’t understand is if they are bailing out the people who are destroying the infrastructure of the black community. Those who are destroying small businesses, destroying jobs, but yet those who are multi millionaires are offering hundreds of thousands of dollars. They’re supporting those that were screaming in Beverly Hills eat the rich 🙄

lilypgirl

Mr Floyd was murdered by Officer Chauvin for being black. The rioting and looting which I am not in favor is the result of many who felt no one is listening to them, victims of police brutality and feel powerless so in anger and frustration then they act out. Are there some that are going to take advantage and steal? That's for sure also. To blame the government shutdown that caused the looting is a big stretch.
At the beginning of this I would have agreed with you 100% on your first sentence but now I am reading they may have had a prior connection to each other and there may be more to it. None of it which any universe would justify his murder but more information could change this entire story.

lilypgirl

Only if you “protest.”
I find it very amusing that the same group of leaders who were onboard with collapsing our entire economy in the name of protecting lives are now encouraging large groups of people to gather in a violent protest. I can't even get a freaking hair cut or new glasses in my state but people are allowed to loot the Nike store. Seniors are having to have virtual graduation and possibly an on line freshmen year in college but hey go show your support to African american community by ripping of the Gucci store and burning down your city. I don't know what's worse the death of this innocent man or how his memory is being used for rioting , violence and even more death.

Lilofan

At the beginning of this I would have agreed with you 100% on your first sentence but now I am reading they may have had a prior connection to each other and there may be more to it. None of it which any universe would justify his murder but more information could change this entire story.
That's true. Both worked security at a MN nightclub even though the club owner thinks they didn't know each other.😒

Hockey89

I find it very amusing that the same group of leaders who were onboard with collapsing our entire economy in the name of protecting lives are now encouraging large groups of people to gather in a violent protest. I can't even get a freaking hair cut or new glasses in my state but people are allowed to loot the Nike store. Seniors are having to have virtual graduation and possibly an on line freshmen year in college but hey go show your support to African american community by ripping of the Gucci store and burning down your city. I don't know what's worse the death of this innocent man or how his memory is being used for rioting , violence and even more death.
You mean instead of doing stupid masks and painting 6 feet apart maybe they should have focused on people that were at high risk. Like the wonderful gov of NY killing elderly people by sending sick covid people to nursing homes. What a scum bag he is. It’s a joke. It was all about power and trying to crush the economy

captveg

SO does this mean we don't have to wear mask on our Disney trips now? :)
No. Like anything, reason should be applied.

But the situation of the more extreme shutdowns shouldn't happen again. Armed now with more information the response to CV19 should be with a scalpel and not a hammer.

21stamps

Original Poster
Another issue that has slowly arisen, is celebrities offering money to bail out those they are calling protesters. In reality, they’re bailing out rioters and looters. What these morons don’t understand is if they are bailing out the people who are destroying the infrastructure of the black community. Those who are destroying small businesses, destroying jobs, but yet those who are multi millionaires are offering hundreds of thousands of dollars. They’re supporting those that were screaming in Beverly Hills eat the rich 🙄
Exactly. This world has gone mad.

21stamps

Original Poster
I can’t watch tv right now, and pretty much only watched local news last night.

Are mayors/governors saying that they’re going to step up the response? Allow the military to come in? They have to at the point, right? It can’t go on another night.

My city has been lucky so far, the police outnumber the nighttime ‘protestors’.. which means they’ve been able to control them, for the most part, resulting in only some damage.

The places like Louisville, NYC, LA, Dallas.. where the rioters are outnumbering the cops/guard.. What now, what is the end???

21stamps

Original Poster
So, In Cincinnati, there’s a city wide curfew tonight (which should have been in place last night, not just specific areas). Protests are being organized farther out now, social media posts organizing protests for today and tomorrow in different areas.
I think they’re trying to spread the police, so the police presence can’t be as strong as it was downtown. This city is still relatively lucky, though, and I pray it continues.

What about everyone else here? What’s going on in your areas?

Top Bottom