Riots

21stamps

Original Poster
I’m sure we are all concerned about the events in Minnesota. A wrongful death. A poor press conference.. and the destruction that followed.

Why the looting and burning, what does it accomplish?

I saw something on Twitter yesterday, a group trying to peacefully protest...

I think people like this need to be highlighted, they are doing things the right way. The question is- How do we spread their message, instead of seeing the looting and trashing every time there’s a riot?

ImperfectPixie

I’m sure we are all concerned about the events in Minnesota. A wrongful death. A poor press conference.. and the destruction that followed.

I think people like this need to be highlighted, they are doing things the right way. The question is- How do we spread their message, instead of seeing the looting and trashing every time there’s a riot?
Because there are people out there who want to MAKE SURE things get violent and that division is further ingrained in society.

Note that he has a gas mask. And is dressed head-to-toe in black, including a mask meant to obscure more of his face and hair than the gas mask itself does. He used a hammer to break the windows of the AutoZone.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Because there are people out there who want to MAKE SURE things get violent and that division is further ingrained in society.

Note that he has a gas mask. And is dressed head-to-toe in black, including a mask meant to obscure more of his face and hair than the gas mask itself does. He used a hammer to break the windows of the AutoZone.
Likely an anarchist.

Supreme Leader

It's said that this man is a police officer. You can find more of it all over twitter.

cmwade77

Sadly it is difficult because this doesn't "sell", the violence is what makes money for the "news media".

21stamps

Original Poster
Sadly it is difficult because this doesn't "sell", the violence is what makes money for the "news media".
Absolutely. During the entire press conference today, I never once saw pictures of peaceful protest.

21stamps

Original Poster
There's one that was live-streamed by channel 5 in Boston in the above comment.
That’s awesome, really, but I don’t think myself or that poster were speaking of local channels.
I flipped between the 3 major channels until about 3am, when I finally realized that I needed to sleep... not once did I see anything like the Twitter post that I put in my OP... nor was something similar shown during the Minnesota Governor’s press conference. Sadly.

ImperfectPixie

That’s awesome, really, but I don’t think myself or that poster were speaking of local channels.
I flipped between the 3 major channels until about 3am, when I finally realized that I needed to sleep... not once did I see anything like the Twitter post that I put in my OP... nor was something similar shown during the Minnesota Governor’s press conference. Sadly.
It's also ABC. WCVB.com is their web address, but it's the same news we see on TV on channel 5...which is ABC.

Top Bottom