Rides

Ashley Schoeller

Original Poster
hey! I was just wondering and needed some reassurance... I’m a size 18/20 wearing a 2x-3x do you think I would have any problems on any of the rides? Thanks so much!

WDWVolFan

You should be fine. I'm 6'0 and weight 250. Last time I was WDW I was 220 and maybe a little snug in some rides but I rode everything I wanted.

J_Carioca

I find Seven Dwarves Train to be very snug, and I'm not a large person. I don't understand why they didn't build a little more room into the seats.

Goofyernmost

The SDMT was not built for people with long legs, but its fine.
True. The last time I rode it I weighed in at 265#. I had no problem with the restraint, but, the leg room was very limited even with short little legs like mine. What I had heard about flight of Passage was that a long leg person had a problem but, general size didn't matter as long as you could straddle the ride vehicle. Disney is usually very good about accommodating larger economy sized people.:D

Phonedave

True. The last time I rode it I weighed in at 265#. I had no problem with the restraint, but, the leg room was very limited even with short little legs like mine. What I had heard about flight of Passage was that a long leg person had a problem but, general size didn't matter as long as you could straddle the ride vehicle. Disney is usually very good about accommodating larger economy sized people.:D

I have around a 35" inseam and had no issues with FoP. I'm also 6'4" and 220 lbs.

Goofyernmost

I have around a 35" inseam and had no issues with FoP. I'm also 6'4" and 220 lbs.
It wasn't impossible, just tight and a little uncomfortable. Not enough to worry about because the ride is so short that nothing has time to develop. 5'10", 30 inseam took a few minutes to figure out where to put my feet. Once I did, all was good.

danyoung56

That's funny... I've heard the exact opposite. What type of problems?

On my last trip a month ago I tried the test seat they have out in front, and was told that I was maybe 3 or 4 inches from closing the restraint. So if you carry any weight out front, then it becomes a problem.

Goofyernmost

On my last trip a month ago I tried the test seat they have out in front, and was told that I was maybe 3 or 4 inches from closing the restraint. So if you carry any weight out front, then it becomes a problem.
Are we talking about the 7DMT? When I rode it two years ago, I weighed 265. I am 5'10" tall and most of my weight is in the front (unfortunately belly only) and I don't recall any problems riding it. If you are referring to "Flight", I do not have any first hand experience, but, many have stated the it wasn't a problem unless you couldn't straddle the vehicle. So that I cannot vouch for. In the words of Mongo... Donno, Mongo just a pawn in game of life.

Last edited:

Phonedave

Nope - your comment was about FoP, and that's the test vehicle that I tried. I fit tightly into SDMT, but I do fit.

I dont have any weight "out front" but I am tall. 7DMT is not a comfortable ride. It's not like I am in pain when I ride it, but it clearly was designed with a smaller (or at least shorter) person in mind.

-dave

Goofyernmost

Nope - your comment was about FoP, and that's the test vehicle that I tried. I fit tightly into SDMT, but I do fit.
OK, sorry... we switch focus so often that I got it confused. So, like I said, yours is the first report of it being a problem. I will concede to your in person experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom