Rides you wish never went away

Adam Snider

Original Poster
So I want to make a video about Rides that no longer exist at Disney World that I have never done before and need your help. I want to create a top 3 of rides that I wish I could have went on if I was older. The first trip I remember is 2012 so any rides that were shut down before this is open game. So which rides have I missed out on and why?
Thanks!
I will post the video with my answers in the next week. (If you want to see what I think)

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Considering you have a Figment avatar, the first two places seem to fill themselves in :)

1 Horizons. The greatest ride Disney has ever made
2 Journey into Imagination
3 any of an enormous list (that would today easily make for the best WDW park): 20k for atmosphere and uniqueness, the two Toads for cult status, WoM / UoE for enormous scale and scope, Backlot Tour for sheer length (when WDW had half day rides instead of half day parks), GMR for giving an identity to half a park, my little personal favs of Snow White and If You Had Wings

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are a few, but if I had to pick one it would be 20k.

I am sure my memories have been improved upon by the passage of time, but that attraction always left me awestruck as a kid. The feeling remained even after I got older an knew how they did this and that. The immersion was just so complete and it sucked me in full bore.

heatherhy01

If you are only talking Disney World, then Mr Toads Wild Ride should be included, even though you are still able to ride at Disneyland.

Attachments

• mr_toads_wild_ride_entrance.jpg
    mr_toads_wild_ride_entrance.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 34

Adam Snider

Original Poster
I actually did do backlot tours and the car show before they took it out but don’t really remember them. I do wish I could do them one more time

Moxie

The Studio Tour and The Great Movie Ride. My family went to Disney only one time, when I was 12, and those two rides + Star Tours made MGM Studios my favorite park, easily. We even saw Pat Morita getting makeup done before shooting something while on the catwalks. When my hubby and I went a couple months ago, we were both sadly disappointed - it felt like the things that made Studios a STUDIO had been taken away in favor of making it more generic.

Musical Mermaid

Before 2012? Hmm...

As others have stated, Horizons and Journey Into Imagination were great Epcot classics. When I was young, my family primarily took me to Magic Kingdom and MGM Studios, so I didn’t get to ride these too many times and now I miss them. To this day, I don’t know if I ever rode World of Motion, but it looked fun.

For Magic Kingdom, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and Dream Flight were biggies, maybe because we rarely had to wait for them. WDW’s Toad had two different sides, so that added some fun right there. Dream Flight was the closest thing I had to understand flying in a plane, since I didn’t get to fly until my 20s. I won’t say it was a great ride, but it is very nostalgic for me.

Amos1784

I know these were probably post 2012. However I would say Maelstrom, and the old version of Test Track. The new version does nothing for me. Also I know not an attraction but the entire Wonders of Life Pavilion. I absolutely loved it in there as a kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom