Rides/Parks you knew was there but you never got to do before they shut down...

Figmentation

Original Poster
I figured I would start up another fun thread:

I know a majority of us have been going to the parks for a long time... but even then you have not gotten to do every attraction, goto ever 'park' or 'area' that is open at the time. Which attractions/areas/parks do you regreat not getting the chance to goto before the closed down.

For me.. I had a few I actually never got to ride or visit:

River Country - Saw it 100s of times on Disney TV back in the day, but we never had enough time to visit a water park when I was a kid, and when we did.. we went to Typhoon Lagooon.

The World of Motion - It was there, but.. due to an embarressing moment as a tiny kid I never got the ride it... ever.

Discovery Island - Never knew it existed, would of been a neat walk through.

NYwdwfan

I figured I would start up another fun thread:

I know a majority of us have been going to the parks for a long time... but even then you have not gotten to do every attraction, goto ever 'park' or 'area' that is open at the time. Which attractions/areas/parks do you regreat not getting the chance to goto before the closed down.

For me.. I had a few I actually never got to ride or visit:

River Country - Saw it 100s of times on Disney TV back in the day, but we never had enough time to visit a water park when I was a kid, and when we did.. we went to Typhoon Lagooon.

The World of Motion - It was there, but.. due to an embarressing moment as a tiny kid I never got the ride it... ever.

Discovery Island - Never knew it existed, would of been a neat walk through.

River Country was fun but the water was not heated. It was COLD.

Discovery Island was - for me - PAINFULLY boring. My parents always dragged us there to get a break from MK. I never understood why I had to stare at a bunch of birds when I could be riding Space Mountain.

I can't think of anything I wanted to ride but didn't. I can think of plenty that I was dragged on and regretted and now they are gone and we are all the better for it! I can also think of plenty that are gone and I will be forever bitter because of it.

Figmentation

Original Poster
River Country was fun but the water was not heated. It was COLD.

Discovery Island was - for me - PAINFULLY boring. My parents always dragged us there to get a break from MK. I never understood why I had to stare at a bunch of birds when I could be riding Space Mountain.

I can't think of anything I wanted to ride but didn't. I can think of plenty that I was dragged on and regretted and now they are gone and we are all the better for it! I can also think of plenty that are gone and I will be forever bitter because of it.

Well, I enjoyed animals, even as a kid.. so I would of probably enjoyed it.

As for River Country... well, it looked fun on TV, and even old youtube videos of people at the park shows it.

I guess it is more depressing to have a ride you rode and get shut down then to never ride it at all.

KLinder7

20K in MK. Also remember in Epcot, Body Wars I walked in and walked straight out before the doors shut because I was scared. For some reason wasn't scared during the original star tours though. Sure there might be one or two more but was so young, hard to remember.

Weather_Lady

Festival of the Lion King (or any part of Camp Minnie Mickey)
Celebrate a Dream Come True parade
Pixar Pals parade
Discovery Island
el Rio del Tiempo
Sounds Dangerous!
Star Tours (original version)
Alien Encounter
Discovery River Boats
Swan Boats
Enchanted Tiki Room (all versions prior to 2012, when I saw it for the first time)
Mickey's Toon Town Fair
Skyway

Figmentation

Original Poster
Festival of the Lion King (or any part of Camp Minnie Mickey)
Celebrate a Dream Come True parade
Pixar Pals parade
Discovery Island
el Rio del Tiempo
Sounds Dangerous!
Star Tours (original version)
Alien Encounter
Discovery River Boats
Swan Boats
Enchanted Tiki Room (all versions prior to 2012, when I saw it for the first time)
Mickey's Toon Town Fair
Skyway

O_O That's quite a list
Kinda funny though... I guess if I needed to add a parade to the list: Tapestry of Dreams at Epcot is one I missed out on.

loveofamouse

there's a lot due to my age, but

River Country
20k (if I did, I don't remember)
original figment
horizons
no memory of aladdins carpets
Sounds dangerous
original tiki
no memory of skyway

morningstar

Yeah, River Country. I'm not sure I knew it was there, but I have vague memories of brochures for Discovery Island, and I think they were often marketed together. I think I thought it was just one of those kind of lame things associated with Fort Wilderness, like the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (apologies to fans of the show; I've never seen it, but it sounds really corny).

I never was interested in it until I saw photos on the internet, which was near or after it closed down. It actually still looks kinda weak as a water park - not as many attractions as most good ones - but it stands in contrast to the typical water park with all the fiberglass, concrete, and pipes showing. It really believably looked like it could be a naturally-occurring aquatic recreation spot. I appreciate it as a product of high-quality Imagineering.

R W B

The only attraction I would of liked to do and actually had the chance to is Mickeys Toon Town. My first trip was when i was 18 in '06 and then again in '09 and I didn't go to the toon town either trip.

Theirs other attractions I would of really liked to of seen/ride but they were closed well before my first trip.

there's a lot due to my age, but

no memory of aladdins carpets
The carpets are still there unless their not original?

cheezbat

20,000 Leagues...my parents hated that thing so they refused to take me. Sadly, once I was old enough to go on it alone, the dang thing was closed.

River Country...this one I kick myself in the pants big time. My friends and I planned a trip there in August 2001, but last minute decided to go to Typhoon instead. Figures the place closes like a month later, never again to open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom