Rides closed at Magic Kingdom?

Ali Mouse

Original Poster
I was just looking at my apps to prepare myself for going this time next year and i noticed that there were several rides closed at the Magic Kingdom. What gives? It wasnt that way last year. Anybody there or anyone who can give me insight.....

RScottyL

Could be because of weather. Outdoor rides close when thundrestorms are around.

Nope, as mentioned above, they have been doing a lot of refurbs this year!

I assume they try to do it during the slower times, so if you plan to go during a slow time, you should try to keep posted on what refurbs if any, they are doing!

Astro Orbiter and TTA were being worked on this year for sure!

Ali Mouse

Original Poster
I always keep up with the refurbs and yes just like last year this week there were a few being returned. But... The Mine Train and Jungle cruise were down as well as the others so there was around 5 down today. Seems like a lot. But like Animaniac said maybe the other ones besides the refurbs are due to weather.

wogwog

I always keep up with the refurbs and yes just like last year this week there were a few being returned. But... The Mine Train and Jungle cruise were down as well as the others so there was around 5 down today. Seems like a lot. But like Animaniac said maybe the other ones besides the refurbs are due to weather.
All outdoor rides would have been down off and on today. Major rain and lightning all over central Florida.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Disney has announced that Splash Mountain will be down in January for its annual repaint - and I sure hope they get that stink out of the water - yuck! Kali River Rapids in AK will be down in January for the same reason. Disney tends to shut down the water rides in January for repair/repainting since the weather is colder.

boufa

Looking for drama where there is none. I was there yesterday in the MK and the reports were right on. RAIN. With a decent amount of lightning. Wasn't as bad in the park as it was near by. They reopened many rides, only to have the shut down again a short time later.

On a refund note. In the mk, philharmagic and a astro orbiter and carousel of progress are all that are closed for refurb.

The walls are down on astro orbiter and we saw them testing it a few nights ago. And the other 2 are scheduled to reopen next week I think. So next week the mk will be 100%

FettFan

I was just looking at my apps to prepare myself for going this time next year and i noticed that there were several rides closed at the Magic Kingdom. What gives? It wasnt that way last year. Anybody there or anyone who can give me insight.....

Everything is going down to be replaced with Frozen.

I'm sorry.

Susan Savia

We were in Magic Kingdom on September 22nd. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small World and Carosel of Progress were all down. Now if they opened later that particular day, not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom