Rides At Night

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Splash Mountain (that part where youre floating up top and you see the castle)

Haunted Mansion

Big Thunder Mountain

WEDway

Tower Of Terror

RandomHero914

I have personally been to WDW twice so far, and both times I never really went on many rides at night for some strange reason. However, seeing how the bus rides back to the hotels probably don't count, I would have to go with the only one which I can honestly remember riding... and that would be the Haunted Mansion. As it was stated a few times previously, the darkness at night truly does add to the experience as a whole despite the fact that everything mainly takes place inside.

Anyways, I enjoy reading everyones different opinions because it really is giving me some great ideas for the next time I go down to visit WDW.:sohappy:

MattyFresh

I think the biggest change in the ride that I have been on is BTMRR.

I love the view on Splash

Will have to make note to ride EE and JC at night when I go back. I wish there was someway you could do the safari at night....watch a cheetah chase down his dinner....hehehe

I think the monorail into Epcot is really cool at night with all the lights as well. I know this isn't really what was being asked, but its pretty cool.

k.hunter30

I don't know if it's my favorite ride at night, but riding Thunder Mountain at night is the biggest improvement over riding it during the day.

SweetPea

My 4 year old daughter had a truly magical experience riding Aladdin's Flying Carpets at night while the Wishes fireworks show was happening. The look on her face as we flew through the air with the fireworks above head is something I will never forget!!

CrashNet

Splash Mountain (that part where youre floating up top and you see the castle)
Yes. Splash Mountain at night. We were the last group to ride and we got up to the point you are referring to during Wishes. That was absolutely awesome. We made it back to the loading platform just in time to see the golden shower fireworks go off at the end of the show. The whole sky was filled with gold glitter. My two favorite things combined: Disney rides and Disney fireworks.

Unfortunately the only other ride I've ridden at night (that has some part of it outside) was Tower of Terror. I'd love to ride Everest and Jungle Cruise at night. I didn't even know they left Jungle Cruise open after dark. :lol:

tinkerbell88

I love space mountian, peter pan, and haunted mansion. The big thunder mountian does seem to go faster at night. I haven't been on the hatterhorn at night but I sure will my next trip which is next month yeah!!

davinakb

I recently did Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain at night for the first time. Definitely a new experience and it was great. Lots of fun. Need to do a few more at night now.

MickeyfromSTL

The best has to be Tower of Terror. But I would also say Jungle Cruise is really good at night because the cast members are tired of the day's work and they start getting 'slap happy'

ToTBellHop

My faves are Everest, ToT, Test Track, Splash, Thunder, Jungle, Haunted Mansion (for the outside atmosphere), and the TTA. Honestly, any outdoor ride is best at night, I feel--I love taking in the atmosphere of the parks at night. I have not yet ridden Kali at night, though I suspect it would have a very cool mood. Primeval Whirl doesn't look as cheap at night ;)

~Tinkerbell~

My favoruites are:

Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Tower Of Terror

Tower Of Terror freaks me out at night though, but that's what makes it more fun! :D

WDWFigment

Yes. Splash Mountain at night. We were the last group to ride and we got up to the point you are referring to during Wishes. That was absolutely awesome. We made it back to the loading platform just in time to see the golden shower fireworks go off at the end of the show. The whole sky was filled with gold glitter. My two favorite things combined: Disney rides and Disney fireworks.

Unfortunately the only other ride I've ridden at night (that has some part of it outside) was Tower of Terror. I'd love to ride Everest and Jungle Cruise at night. I didn't even know they left Jungle Cruise open after dark. :lol:

I'll second this. If you have ever seen the fireworks from the outside portions of Splash Mountain, I think you'll agree. It may only be 30 seconds to a minute worth of fireworks, but wow, is it gorgeous.

Other than that, TTA is the best, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom