Rides a little different?

HollyAD

Original Poster
Forgive me if this has been a topic already...

My son and I just came home from 4 nights in WDW. I noticed some changes in certain attractions. I am sure there's more but I can't remember right this moment. I am not complaining but didn't know what the intent was behind it. Are they trying to get more people through the rides? Broken?

1.) ToT was darker, scenes skipped, pauses in the ride...
2.) Dinosaur was so dark that I had no idea what was happening on the ride other than the audio

When I asked a CM what was going on. I was told "its been like that since we opened."

JIMINYCR

People have been reporting for some time now that many attractions have had issues with lower lighting. One of the frequent complaints has been about Dino. What scenes were skipped on ToT? I have experienced a slight pause before on ToT, but many attractions as well in the past have been paused in spots from technical issues. With so many attractions theres bound to be some fails.

HollyAD

Original Poster
People have been reporting for some time now that many attractions have had issues with lower lighting. One of the frequent complaints has been about Dino. What scenes were skipped on ToT? I have experienced a slight pause before on ToT, but many attractions as well in the past have been paused in spots from technical issues. With so many attractions theres bound to be some fails.
I have had pauses on ToT too in the past but nothing like this. I am having a complete brain freeze on everything that was left out. I think the entire first part when the lights dim/ there's lightning/ and the people appear was missing. I don't recall any Stars/ window etc. Then there was a really long pause before the elevator went up. When we did go up and start moving forward to the drop area, there wasn't much showing up on the sides of the vehicle. Like no scenes.

Sorry I am bad a descriptions but it was just a weird ToT experience.

rreading

Our TOT experience was definitely different. iirc - there were effects missing but the elevator started up then stopped for maybe 30s. This was in the show elevator area instead of the drop area. My family of four were the only ones on the elevator (thanks corona!) and were it a full elevator I expect that there would have been some legit freaking out!

HollyAD

Original Poster
Our TOT experience was definitely different. iirc - there were effects missing but the elevator started up then stopped for maybe 30s. This was in the show elevator area instead of the drop area. My family of four were the only ones on the elevator (thanks corona!) and were it a full elevator I expect that there would have been some legit freaking out!
It was just myself, my son, and another family. I don't think they realized anything was wrong and they didn't speak English so I couldn't understand what they were saying. I was internally questioning what was going on and I just didn't want to get stuck in the dark!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Ya wanna know what was REALLY off?

Carousel of progress.

An entire show scene without background music. Patricia’s mouth not moving at all in the final show scene. Uncomfortably soft audio. Animatronics having occasional strokes onstage.

On the bright side, other AA heavy attractions are in very good shape like Splash, CBJ, Spaceship Earth, and American Adventure is in reallt good shape it seems. (-: Heck, even the figment AAs are moving the best they’ve moved in a while.

Philharmagic is in rough shape. It was down today due to “technical difficulties.” While watching the film, there was very apparent film lines glitching out during the movie.

Tom Morrow

I will say I've noticed that lots of audio, both ride and area music loops, are REALLY quiet. This has been an issue at WDW for quite a while now but now it is worse than ever. If crowds were any higher you wouldn't be able to hear so much of it.

NickMaio

Dinosaur has been silly dark with every year.
I was told by a cast member once that they only replace burnt out bulbs not fading ones.
It's too bad that was one of our faves. Now you cant tell what the heck is going on.

rreading

The darkness could be explained by faster moving queues and no pre-shows. Your eyes have less time to adjust to the darkness.

I had thought that as well - particularly with our dinosaur experience. Sounds like from others that it's more than that though

Raxel7851

Could it be they haven’t brought back all of the Maintenance and Tech personnel? Those rides may be high maintenance and without the right amount of people, those issues get backlogged.

HollyAD

Original Poster
I was told by a cast member once that they only replace burnt out bulbs not fading ones.
It's too bad that was one of our faves. Now you cant tell what the heck is going on.
I told the cast member that I literally couldn’t see anything. I also usually enjoy this ride but the darkness killed it.

NickMaio

I told the cast member that I literally couldn’t see anything. I also usually enjoy this ride but the darkness killed it.
Yup....us too.
That's when they told us the bulb thing.....
Honestly sometimes I wonder why we even go if WDW does not give 2 sh$#@ for their park.

Good to know that others notice these things about rides.

Tom Morrow

Most of Dinosaur is in near pitch darkness and always has been. People who don't ride frequently often remember it differently than it really is.

Giss Neric

Brightness can trigger coughing and sneezing.

Ya'll are concerned about the lighting but the main thing I'm concerned about Dinosaur is it's super loud which adds to the scariness of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom