Rider Swap/Fast pass planning - 6 yr old and baby twins

teenie0140

Our fastpass booking day is coming up at the end of this month. We have a 6 year old and twin 1 year olds. The 6 year old is tall enough for some of the rides but is too scared to do some of them.

Should we plan on just booking my husband and my fastpasses during the same window and doing rider swap since one of us would need to stay with the infant twins regardless of the 6 year old not wanting to ride? I know some reports say only one "group" needs the fastpass and the CM will still let the others ride but it makes me a little nervous since I've seen reports where that hasn't been the case (7 dwarves, slinky dog, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
For attractions your 6 year old does want to go on that the babies cannot go on I would book a FP for one parent and the 6 year old and then do child swap so that the other parent and 6 year old can go on again.
Each parent gets a ride with the 6 year old that way.
For attractions that the 6 year old does not want to go on I personally would just get a FP for the parents and take turns not bothering with child swap.

Upvote 0

teenie0140

Original Poster
For attractions your 6 year old does want to go on that the babies cannot go on I would book a FP for one parent and the 6 year old and then do child swap so that the other parent and 6 year old can go on again.
Each parent gets a ride with the 6 year old that way.
For attractions that the 6 year old does not want to go on I personally would just get a FP for the parents and take turns not bothering with child swap.

I've read that only booking one "group" of fastpasses and doing rider swap works most times but there are select rides/CM that won't do rider swap without all members having fastpasses. Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I've read that only booking one "group" of fastpasses and doing rider swap works most times but there are select rides/CM that won't do rider swap without all members having fastpasses. Thoughts?

I've read the same and seen "testimonials" to that effect as well. I'd say if you don't want to gamble, get Fastpasses for everyone who will be riding -- especially for high-demand attractions like Seven Dwarves Mine Train, which is the attraction I've most often heard has CMs who are strict about the rule.

Upvote 0

teenie0140

Original Poster
I've read the same and seen "testimonials" to that effect as well. I'd say if you don't want to gamble, get Fastpasses for everyone who will be riding -- especially for high-demand attractions like Seven Dwarves Mine Train, which is the attraction I've most often heard has CMs who are strict about the rule.
I think that's what we'll do. Maybe for some of the lesser demand attractions we will gamble a few, but it's not worth the hassle for the higher demand rides. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If that were the case there wouldnt even be a need for rider swap. Everyone get a fastpass and that's that.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
What you do need is to have all members of your party walk up to get rider swap in order for the CM to see there are babies in the group that cannot ride the attraction.

I don't think that's the issue though. It's more that cast members don't want people effectively using rider swap for extra fast passes. When my sister and I used rider swap we both had fast passes or we both didn't have fast passes. It seems its made for the nonfastpass using rides. That's where the time savings come in.

Upvote 0

disneyworlddad

If that were the case there wouldnt even be a need for rider swap. Everyone get a fastpass and that's that.

Usually only one party needs the fastpass. I'd still do a rider swap on the higher demand attractions. That way if you get there a little late in your window you have the rider swap even if the other persons FP window expires. Or that person with the rider swap can ride twice!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom