Rider swap confusion....

bsmartin2000

We are a family of 5, 3 adults, 2 children. Four of us can ride anything but the youngest will only be 40 inches tall so the bigger rides are out. If we fast pass Tower of Terror, can only 2 adults and 1 child get fast passes and the third adult can riderswap and get to ride with older child? It would be nice if the younger child and one adult could fast pass a ride themselves so that they would not have to waste her fast pass. Hope this makes sense to the experts out there!

ninjaprincesst

How did the rider swap end up working for you? I'll be in a similar situation next summer with 4 adults, 3 older kids and 1 three year old.

How tall is your three year old? At 3 about the only thing my daughter couldn't ride was Rock n Rollercoaster, and the only thing that scared her was POC , we got stuck on it for a long time, nothing else even TOT scared her. But my daughter was tall for 3.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We are a family of 5, 3 adults, 2 children. Four of us can ride anything but the youngest will only be 40 inches tall so the bigger rides are out. If we fast pass Tower of Terror, can only 2 adults and 1 child get fast passes and the third adult can riderswap and get to ride with older child? It would be nice if the younger child and one adult could fast pass a ride themselves so that they would not have to waste her fast pass. Hope this makes sense to the experts out there!

How did the rider swap end up working for you? I'll be in a similar situation next summer with 4 adults, 3 older kids and 1 three year old.
You can probably get away with it, but I think most people would consider it an abuse of the system. If your goal is for all four adults to Fastpass a ride, they should all get Fastpasses for the ride.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

This is EXACTLY how rider switch works. In theory the CMs could start insisting everyone has an FP but every post I have ever seen describes it like this. Up to 3 people can use the switch. Be aware everyone must approach the CM, they need to see the child who is too little to ride. The CM will hand those who are riding a lanyard; this is exchanged for a paper pass usually at boarding. This is good to use later, even a few days later (up to a week I think).

You can probably get away with it, but I think most people would consider it an abuse of the system. If your goal is for all four adults to Fastpass a ride, they should all get Fastpasses for the ride.

Really??? This is how everyone uses rider switch. I've never seen anyone complain about it. YMMV.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

This is EXACTLY how rider switch works. In theory the CMs could start insisting everyone has an FP but every post I have ever seen describes it like this. Up to 3 people can use the switch. Be aware everyone must approach the CM, they need to see the child who is too little to ride. The CM will hand those who are riding a lanyard; this is exchanged for a paper pass usually at boarding. This is good to use later, even a few days later (up to a week I think).

Really??? This is how everyone uses rider switch. I've never seen anyone complain about it. YMMV.
That's not really true. When you do standby, one adult stays with the small child while the others wait in line and ride, Then they can switch and the adult that was with the small child gets to pick a buddy to ride with and they skip the line (because effectively, they were "in line" together when the first group waited). For Fastpass, anyone who plans to ride needs to use a Fastpass. The "buddy" accompanying the adult who was with the small child the first time gets to ride twice, but everyone who rode uses a Fastpass entitlement. No one gets to ride without either waiting in line or using a Fastpass.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
That's not really true. When you do standby, one adult stays with the small child while the others wait in line and ride, Then they can switch and the adult that was with the small child gets to pick a buddy to ride with and they skip the line (because effectively, they were "in line" together when the first group waited). For Fastpass, anyone who plans to ride needs to use a Fastpass. The "buddy" accompanying the adult who was with the small child the first time gets to ride twice, but everyone who rode uses a Fastpass entitlement. No one gets to ride without either waiting in line or using a Fastpass.

Every time I have read an account from people, they split the adults into 2 groups. Group 1 have FP, group 2 do not. All approach, group 1 scan in and get the lanyard, group 2 go off and do something else and ride later (sometimes with some from group 1 who ride again). Effectively doubling the no. of fastpasses per group.

I know in theory the CM could ask everyone to scan in, but I have honestly never seen anyone report this happening. If you have had to, then you are the first ;)

Upvote 0

Mommychef4

My 3 year old I'm hoping will be tall enough for the 40 inch rides by the middle of next summer when we go. I already have to sit out of rockin roller coaster and space mountain for a medical reason. :( However, I'd like to do flight of passage and thats a 44 inch rider ride. Hopefully rider swap isnt' going to be that necessary. He is short but hopefully he'll grown decently in the next 9 months. He's a hair under 37inches now.

Upvote 0

Mommychef4

How tall is your three year old? At 3 about the only thing my daughter couldn't ride was Rock n Rollercoaster, and the only thing that scared her was POC , we got stuck on it for a long time, nothing else even TOT scared her. But my daughter was tall for 3.

Right now he's just a hair under 37 inches. We don't go until June 18, 2018 so I'm really hoping we hit the 40 inch mark by then. Then the only ride I'll really want to go to that he can't is Flight of Passage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom