Ridemakerz (Virgin store - 1st floor)

Thurp

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this got posted, I don't see anything about it but I've been traveling a lot lately so I may have missed it.

A store called Ridemakerz http://www.ridemakerz.com/ will take over the 1st floor of the Virgin store.

Kids (most likely boys) will be able to build their own remote control car and then race them right in the store. They will be able to create Disney-themed cars among other designs.

fosse76

I'm not sure if this got posted, I don't see anything about it but I've been traveling a lot lately so I may have missed it.

A store called Ridemakerz http://www.ridemakerz.com/ will take over the 1st floor of the Virgin store.

Kids (most likely boys) will be able to build their own remote control car and then race them right in the store. They will be able to create Disney-themed cars among other designs.
That sounds interesting. It's good to know that Disney isn't catering solely to 5 year old girls.

EPCOT Explorer

How is it more of the same? Maybe I have missed something but I don't ever remember seeing a store like this in WDW before. It looks like it will be a fun place.
Sure, it looks fun...but...

3rd party, it's a store, I honestly don't find it to be that "bold" or "new". :shrug:

At least the Virgin facility is being used.

jakeman

Sure, it looks fun...but...

3rd party, it's a store, I honestly don't find it to be that "bold" or "new". :shrug:

At least the Virgin facility is being used.
Then what do you want to see?

This is a pretty unique offering by the looks of it.

Building an RC car and racing it right in the store? That's not something I've ever experienced.

Thurp

Original Poster
It's not a unique experience, there are a handful of other ridemarkerz stores in the country (albeit not many,) it's like a build a bear for boys, or build your own lightsaber, muppet, princess crown, or potato head.

I don't like the idea. I won't set foot in it by choice. I think it's a waste of space, but I have the feeling that this will be attractive to a large segment of visitors.

And I have yet to find out what's going on with the rest of this large building.

jakeman

It's not a unique experience, there are a handful of other ridemarkerz stores in the country (albeit not many,) it's like a build a bear for boys, or build your own lightsaber, muppet, princess crown, or potato head.

I don't like the idea. I won't set foot in it by choice. I think it's a waste of space, but I have the feeling that this will be attractive to a large segment of visitors.

And I have yet to find out what's going on with the rest of this large building.
There is more than one Magic Kingdom. Should we shutter those as well?

Just because there is more than one of something, doesn't mean that it is not going to be new to 95% of the people who go to Disney.

There are currently 5 of these stores in the entire nation.

How intricate will these cars be? Perhaps I'm over simplifying it?
I don't know. Like I said, I've never been to one of these before.

If it is just a shell over a motor, then that would be rather cheap, but if you can customize the wheels, fenders, and other parts then I think you would be good to go.

I'll be honest, and this isn't directed at you directly Evan, it's getting pretty tiring to see the knee jerk reaction to anything announced at DTD be negative.

FQL

There is one of these stores in DTD in California. My boys (6 and 8 years old) loved it on our visit to Disneyland last month. I think it will be a hit. Ridemakerz is owned and operated by Build-a-Bear company and it was co-developed with Chip Foose.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is more than one Magic Kingdom. Should we shutter those as well?

Just because there is more than one of something, doesn't mean that it is not going to be new to 95% of the people who go to Disney.

There are currently 5 of these stores in the entire nation.

I don't know. Like I said, I've never been to one of these before.

If it is just a shell over a motor, then that would be rather cheap, but if you can customize the wheels, fenders, and other parts then I think you would be good to go.

I'll be honest, and this isn't directed at you directly Evan, it's getting pretty tiring to see the knee jerk reaction to anything announced at DTD be negative.
Seems to be the knee jerk reaction to absolutely everything announced these days.

TheDisneyMagic

I think this shop is a great idea, something to appeal to boys (of all ages really) who can resist having a race with your mates?

Will it definately be on the first floor and not the ground floor, seems strange to have to go in and go straight up stairs (Unless there are other plans for the ground floor).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom