Rideless World Showcase Pavillions

addacollier

Original Poster
We all know that Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco & The UK don't have either rides or a theater. So if they were scheduled to have 1 attraction installed, what would you choose? Would it be character based such as Snow White at Germany or Mary Poppins at the UK, or would it be a theater showcasing the country? Or something else?

ZoneOfTheEnder

My personal suggestion is to expand the countries with more cultural exhibitions and interaction.

If the goal is to turn EPCOTs World Showcase into an amusement park do it behind the World Showcase.

The direction should be a Worlds Fair with innoventions for the future/near future featured, exploration and expanding our knowledge and interacting with cultures around the world. Otherwise EPCOT should just be renamed and be just like Universal and Busch Gardens etc.

Kev1982

Uk an awesome poppins dark ride and something dalmatians related

Japan big hero 6 thrill ride

Germany tangled boat ride

Italy pinocchio theater

Morocco aladdin darkride (sinbad at tds)

doctornick

I'd put Mr. Toad's in the UK, a reskinned Matterhorn as Mt Fuji in Japan, Pinocchio ride from DIsneyland cloned in Italy, and bring back the Snow White ride in Germany. I'm not insulting Morocco by placing the Aladdin spinner in Morocco.

Yep, I think doing some low key attractions like all of these would be very beneficial to the WS without breaking the bank. And, man, having a view of Mt. Fuji looming in the back of the Japan pavilion would be cool. Well, I guess that wouldn't really be cheap or low key, but it would be awesome. And would have been the proper way to add a thrill ride to Epcot over the GotG ride.

It doesn't really fit great either, but they could consider cloning the TDS Sinbad attraction for Morocco if they wanted to put something.

(Small aside: I'd prefer the DL Alice ride for UK over Toad just because I feel like it fits the pavilion better)

Mickey5150

Yep, I think doing some low key attractions like all of these would be very beneficial to the WS without breaking the bank. And, man, having a view of Mt. Fuji looming in the back of the Japan pavilion would be cool. Well, I guess that wouldn't really be cheap or low key, but it would be awesome. And would have been the proper way to add a thrill ride to Epcot over the GotG ride.

It doesn't really fit great either, but they could consider cloning the TDS Sinbad attraction for Morocco if they wanted to put something.

(Small aside: I'd prefer the DL Alice ride for UK over Toad just because I feel like it fits the pavilion better)
Alice is my favorite dark ride, I can't believe I forgot about it. Let's do what they do in Disneyland and build Alice and Toad. The Alice ride is built on top of Mr. Toad's so it would work.

Heppenheimer

For Germany: a Matterhorn-like roller coaster, renamed "Zugspitze"...

...or a Radiator Springs Racers rethemeing as a scenic, but hectic drive throughout the Autobahn network...

...or, a scenic, but simulated high speed rail journey throughout Germany. Model the vehicles after the country's ICE trains and get Deutsche Bahn as the sponsor.

For Italy: If the mountain coaster idea doesn't go elsewhere, use it here and use the Italian name for the Matterhorn, since part of the mountain also lies in Italy...

...or, a scenic gondola ride through Venice, or even along the Italian coast, including the Quinque Terre, the Almalfi Coast and the Isle of Capri...maybe even add Lago di Como...

...or, a light opera dinner theater.

For Morroco: Once again, if not used elsewhere, a Matterhorn-like coaster based in the Atlas mountains...

...or, Corsairs of the Mediterranean. It would give Florida a chance to use some of the tech from Shanghai.

For the UK: Jousting Dinner Theater!

...or, a brand-extension of Pirates of the Caribbean to the English coast (with Shanghai effects)...

...or, a brand extension of the Haunted Mansion into a Haunted Castle...

...or, a Robin Hood-based climbing forest.

For Japan: Kabuki dinner theater...

...or, a boat ride through feudal Japan, complete with a mock-samurai battle...

...or, an anime-based ride with similar technology to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad. Especially if Disney could use the IP from Studio Gibley.

The World's Fair concept that originally inspired Epcot is long dead, so I see no reason to try revive an idea that likely holds little appeal today for the general public. I had to look up to see that these events even still exist, although they go by different names and they're now mostly professional trade fairs.

But instead of just giving up and inserting dumbed-down, barely-relevant Disney IP, I think Disney can still dream up fun attractions that highlight the unique history and culture of each country.

Last edited:

Imagineer45

Germany: Rhine River cruise (like originally planned)

Italy: Venetian gondola boat ride

Japan: Bullet train roller coaster around a replica Mt. Fuji

Morocco: Clone of Sinbad's Storybook Voyage from DisneySea

UK: Mary Poppins dark ride

I am also going to add a Mulan dark ride for China and a logging themed log flume for Canada because I think they would both be good ideas.

EmFromPlanetEarth

For Japan, I would demolish the building in the back, and rebuild it due to its age, and add a mt Fuji roller coaster, And a bullet train simulator themed to big hero 6 underneath the coaster. For Germany, this may be a bit redundant due to test track, but I think a automobile themed ride would be good for Germany. I was thinking something along the lines of a wacky tour of an automobile factory. Germany, if not Europe as a whole, is well known for automobile production. It would fill in the hole left by the Original version of test track. Or For Japan there could be an anime ride, or a ride going through the history of the country, with all its folklore.

Heppenheimer

Germany: Rhine River cruise (like originally planned)

Italy: Venetian gondola boat ride

Japan: Bullet train roller coaster around a replica Mt. Fuji

Morocco: Clone of Sinbad's Storybook Voyage from DisneySea

UK: Mary Poppins dark ride

I am also going to add a Mulan dark ride for China and a logging themed log flume for Canada because I think they would both be good ideas.
I would be cool if this wasn't just scenic but also contained dynamic scenes from history and legend, like Wagner's Ring (and/or the Niebelungenlied), the Lorelei luring sailors to their doom, and a medieval siege of one of the river's many castles.

Or make it a general tour of Germany's rivers. The castles, vineyards and commerce of the Rhine and Mosel. The Baroque splendor and Hanseatic culture of the Elbe. The countryside of the Danube and Main. The Alpine splendor of the Lech, Inn and Isar. They could even incorporate the Biergarten restaurant the way Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland does for the Blue Bayou.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom