Ride Videos II

DisneyJedi

Original Poster
Well.. I am sorry to be the one posting this report, but the Disney media server at #disney-central on IRC has suffered the loss of it's storage drive that contained everyone's very appreciated Disney media. Popkid has run scandisk in DOS and Windows to repair the drive, but luck is not on its side. The drive has only been stable enough to copy a few files and then it dies. *poof*!
Ironically Popkid was making a backup of all media when the drive first failed. At this point I think the drive is doomed to die a horrible death. Popkid says he will procure another drive.

This is an open call for your support in rebuilding the archive. Popkid and I will keep you posted on the new drive and let you know when it is ready. Now is a good time to take inventory of your files from the server. We need your help! I got a DVD±RW for Christmas and will send Popkid a DVDR of all the Travel Channel shows and other TV specials I have on hand. I am afraid I did not download a significant amount of ride videos, which is what we are mostly about (and the audio). This does give us the opportunity to organize the archive. I foresee a public FTP upload anyone can use to contribute to the rebuild. I will post details when that is made available.

At the moment trivia is available at #disney-central if you'd like to stop by and visit. The official list of channel operators is:

Popkid
DsnyJedi
Bamboo7
TiggerBW
Ru42
Dixie

Most of the time at least one of us is available to help. I'll try to be in the channel more.

Sorry I am the bringer of bad news, but I have faith we can restore most of what was lost. It will just take a bit of time with everyone's help. Thanks for making #disney-central what it is today.

NowInc

Ironically..I was just setting up IRC back up so that i can get all the files from the server and burn em to a DVD....doh!!

Good luck guys!! All files I have that would be of help will be uploaded par request ;)

DisneyJedi

Original Poster
Popkid and Bamboo7 are working out a meeting to do a severe backup from harddrive to harddrive. Bamboo7 has around 42GBs of the data, so we'll nearly be back in business if this transaction takes place as planned.

bamboo7

yea. tomorrow popkid will be swinging by my place to copy all my media, to help get the server back on its feet.

djmatthews

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
A SEQUEL thread?! Shame on you - especially on a Disney board! :p

Dan and popkid: May the force be with you!

I think it is needed. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't been following "Ride Videos" since the beginning..... they had a lot of reading to do! :lol:

FigmentJedi

I have some good captures, but the disadvantage to the audio and video, is that you can hear my slightly annoying little voice. When I go to Disneyland next year, I am going to shut my yap. Spaceship Earth is one of the captures that doesn't suffer from me as much, but I accidentally pushed the fade in button at the end when you see the model of Spaceship Earth.
Examples of annoying me voice:
-Sing along(JIIWF and Fantasmic)
-Trivia(TTA,Viking Boat)
-spontanious shouting of "MONKEYS!"(Fantasmic and Jammin Jungle Parade)
-putting lines in character's mouths(Fantasmic; right after Mickey's "This is My Dream!" line I added"And I kick @$$ in my dream!")
-Name the Character(Parades,Fantasmic)
-Calling Monstro a Narwhal(Fantasmic)
-Answering questions from my Dad.(ToT queue, start of JIIWF)
-whining when my camera went out of focus.
-Ride Interaction(HM,after the Ghost Host says that the Hitchhikers have selected to haunt the riders, I asked they have?)
-Wanting to do stuff(Play Kingdom Hearts at Innoventions, Jammin Jungle when Brer Rabbit appeared as part of Goofy's unit, I reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllly wanted a meet and greet opurtunity, I got a highfive though.)
-Weird Clicking noises at any point I saw actual Animals. It's some weird problem like that.
-Humming
You can figure out why I am embaressed whenever I hear my narration of those videos.:eek:

bamboo7

Things went great today. Popkid came over my place and copied the 40some gigs of media that i had, so the server will be back before too long, with a decent amount of the media that was lost.

popkid

huge kudos bamboo7 for letting me stop by and grab a copy of your disney goodies! i had a blast talking all things disney with you and your sis...

i am still quite amazed that the two of you have never seen any of the indiana jones movies, but probably not as amazed as you both were by the fact i have never seen the lion king

now on to the task of rebuilding the server. between all of bamboo7's files and files being sent from disneyjedi i think we'll be pretty much right where we were when the drive died. so far, i've noticed the following files missing:

captain eo - full film master
*i was able to find another copy of this on-line last night, but it was different from the master i made the WMV files from. tho the version i downloaded is in widescreen, the quality isn't as great - so the hunt continues. bamboo7 had the WMV files, but i would love to do a DIVX encode from the original file...

Horizons - ending films
*i found these great quality videos on the net posted by the company that created them for disney, but alas after an hour of searching for their website i'm about to give up. if anyone has these on their PC or knows of the website PLEASEEEEE let me know...

i would also say 75% of RU's fantastic uploads were lost, but i'm still going thru all the files so there might still be hope. (hopefully you've got backups RU)

the old drive that had crashed is still undergoing 'surgery' right now. seems to only want to spin at about 4 or 5 RPMs. at the very least i'm hoping to get a directory listing off of it so i'll know more about which files need to be tracked down...

my aplogies to everyone who's been waiting to download files, i just need to install a new HDD and then copy everything on to it and we're back in business. you can be assured however that there will be constant backups made so this does not happen again.

if anyone has anything they'd like to contribute, just drop me a PM

thanks

bamboo7

Originally posted by popkid
i am still quite amazed that the two of you have never seen any of the indiana jones movies, but probably not as amazed as you both were by the fact i have never seen the lion king

:zipit: i thought we agreed not to discuss this. :lol: :lol:

DisneyJedi

Original Poster
Originally posted by bamboo7
:zipit: i thought we agreed not to discuss this. :lol: :lol:

Either you or your sister revealed that to me also. How could it be so that this trilogy eluded you?

Once Popkid has the server back up, I will go through my stuff to see what he's missing. If it is significant I will make him a DVD of everything to put up there. Otherwise if it is just a bit, I'll upload it nightly.

bamboo7

I would just like to take this time to re-state for the record that POPKID HAS NEVER SEEN THE LION KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

DisneyJedi

Original Poster
Good news! #disney-central is back! Popkid will be in full swing shortly for your Disney media craving! Isnet has generously offered us some space to co-host the newer media additions. Come on over to #disney-central to see the link. Play some trivia if you'd like too!

wishiwere@wdw

This thread made me laugh --- thanks guys lol

I know I've been MIA for some time now but I'm always reading. I'll check my list of files that I have to see if I ever downloaded anything that you are missing and I'll put it back on the new server :)

Thanks! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom