Ride of the Day: Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
With these threads, I figured instead of making multiple threads for the same thing over and over, we can keep it confined to one simple thread. In here you will get a POV, and the information for said ride, followed up by some fan questions. First up:

Specific Type: Steel, twister
Seating: Sit-down, 2-abreast, 16-passenger
Height: 167'/5o.9 m
Drop: 170'/51.8 m
Steepness: 90º
Speed: 65 m.p.h. / 104.6 k.p.h.
Length: 3,800 ft
Duration: 1:45
Cost: $45,000,000
Manufacturer: Maurer Söhne
Color Scheme: Red, Gray, Yellow
Soft Debut: Spring 2009
Official Debut: Spring 2009

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>Do you enjoy this ride?
>How many times have you ridden it?
>If you've never been on, would you ride it for the first time?

DisDan

Only thing I dislike about this ride is the restraint harness, I am a Big dude at 6"3 250 with a wide and big upper body and that restraint system is so tight and uncomfortable for me. I have never had a problem with any other restraint system on a ride before.

OG Runner

I have to admit, I am not a huge roller coaster fan. Watch the youtube video of when Jimmy Fallon took Kevin Hart on
this ride. It is a riot.

champdisney

Really, really like this coaster. However, once you get up the stairway, you have to listen to the same 30 second safety guidelines over and over again. I swear if I have to hear those cartoony mannequins shout out hasta, I’m going to lose it!

Also, my family loves the idea of Universal overlaying the coaster to a School of Rock theme. I don’t know if I agree with that... actually, I don’t. So I keep quiet... Hasta!

The Empress Lilly

Love this one! Madness and mayhem from start to finish. I think I am going to die every time I go up vertically with nothing but that bizarre bar preventing me from plummeting to death.

Also, you can see Spaceship Earth from the top!

And yes, basta to that hasta. o_O

Mouse3268

It's enjoyable, but I usually only ride it one day per visit as it is one of the only coasters to actually have be temporarily blackout do to the forces. Probably have been on it about 3 times.

gustaftp

With these threads, I figured instead of making multiple threads for the same thing over and over, we can keep it confined t
>Do you enjoy this ride?
>How many times have you ridden it?
>If you've never been on, would you ride it for the first time?

I absolutely hated it. I rode it once, and once was enough. There was far too much sudden braking action. The songs were not at all synchronized with the action of the ride, which made for a weird experience. I felt sick afterward. And since nearly everything at Universal seems to be focused on thrills, there wasn't anything nearby where I could just cool off a bit and enjoy a nice quiet slow attraction after riding -- the closest thing was Shrek -- but I felt very burnt out on 3D anything at that point.

The other problem I had with it is that it part of it really detracts from the New York City theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom