Ride in Play Pavilion? If so, what?

ColinDLR

Original Poster
Do you think there will be a ride in the new Play Pavilion in the old Wonders of Life building? They already have a decent sized show building in back, which used to house Body Wars. I don't predict they will be using the same simulator vehicles as that ride. But, if they moved the queue into the pavilion, or even just shortened it, they would have plenty of space for a dark ride, never mind expanding the building altogether. What are your thoughts? Either way, I'm excited, for this is the first 'revival' we have seen of the Old Epcot. So far, it doesn't seem that this will be IP based, so it is really different compared to other new Disney attractions currently.

NiarrNDisney

If so I could only assume that it would be movie/stage driven, small and geared to a younger audience since the whole Pavilion will be themed to "Play".

Dragonman

They couldn’t use the simulators even if they wanted to since the first 3 were destroyed and then the fourth one was destroyed after using it for testing the sound system for Star Tours 2.0

ColinDLR

Original Poster
They couldn’t use the simulators even if they wanted to since the first 3 were destroyed and then the fourth one was destroyed after using it for testing the sound system for Star Tours 2.0

Yeah, sorry, just realized that those were gone. Well, I guess thats off the table

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yeah, sorry, just realized that those were gone. Well, I guess thats off the table

I wouldnt think it’d be totally off the table 100%. Maybe like. 90%.

Because the queue, exit, loading, unloading, AND simulator rooms are still there. Disney could build new Simulators and create a Big Hero 6 attraction probably pretty easily if they really wanted to.

tomast

I wouldnt think it’d be totally off the table 100%. Maybe like. 90%.

Because the queue, exit, loading, unloading, AND simulator rooms are still there. Disney could build new Simulators and create a Big Hero 6 attraction probably pretty easily if they really wanted to.
2 ideas for the suits from Disney

A) Star Tours has random scenes. I suggest a simulator for play pavilion with Random IPS. one time you with Big Hero 6 , another time you are with Inside Out, another time you are with Edna mode, another time you are with moana or i dont know, you name it.

B) Does somebody remember the The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera on Universal Studios??? Well... I am not saing to copy that buy maybe some inspiration... And you got your simulator WITH a blend of IPS, and the main host should maybe be vanellope and she travel to OHmyDisney (like on wifi ralph).

it could be something like this:

vanellope Needs to get to the Play Disney Parks App, buzz offer his space ship, thanks ok, lets go! when you take of and start flying you pass through the UP house, the Avengers Helicarrier, Baymax, tangled tower, Alladin and Jasmine on the magic carpet, Wall-e and Eve with the fire extinguisher.
Its all beautifull but suddenly Evil Emperor Zurg speaks to you. You must surrender. Never!
some tie fighters intercept you, and start firing you. Your ship makes a close turn, you pass through Cinderellas Castle Towers thinking you might lost them that way. And YES! it works! but when you think you lost them Captain Hook ship appears infront of you, ready to fire their cannons. You quicky go in reverse, but unfortunately we take a shot and the space ship start to lose height. We must get cover while we fix the spaceship! TWO OPTIONS

1)Lets go into that cave! Oh look its the seven dwarfs mine! you travel as fast as you can. You leave the mines and enter the Balls room of Beast castle, you turn right and cross the kitchen where lumiere is singing be our guest. Ok the spaceship is fix! We can leave now!

2)Lets go under the water! The space ship goes under the water. bubbles everywere, there is a music that come from some far place but it feels closer ... its Sebastián who is singing under the sea, with al the colorfull fishes. The space-submarine-ship continues going we found Dory! and Nemo´s Father, we met Crush and the 4 of us go to the East Australian Current. Ok the spaceship is fix! We can leave now!

We are back on track. We are closer to arriving to destination (i dont know wich is). Zurg speaks again, oh no! I thought we have loose him! A Huge (green) fire breathing Dragon appears. idk how you manage to survive and arrive to the app! Yeah!! (after you ride it you can now play a vanellope game on the Play Disney Parks App.

you can add as many options you want to the middle part or you can make it like Star tours and mix and match a starting, a middle and the end.
Another option should be going to Elsa´s frozen castle,

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well.... The simulator pods of Star Tours may be looking for a new home in a few years...
I'm willing to bet that they'd just re-do the screens and queue line to overlay it with a new simulator attraction. Because that would be cost effective. And knowing Disney...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I envision mini-attractions themed to specific IPs. An interactive music room (The Aristocats) "Memory" Ball Pit (Inside Out) obstacle course (Zootopia Officer Academy), etc. Low-cost attractions about 2, 3 tiers above a typical McDonald's Playland only exceptionally-themed. Play areas to let children burn off some energy while having fun in the process. That would be a good move, IMO especially for Epcot. All armchair of course. Rides? What's Sum of All Thrills up to these days?

tomast

I'm willing to bet that they'd just re-do the screens and queue line to overlay it with a new simulator attraction. Because that would be cost effective. And knowing Disney...
you want more cost-effective? Only change the video of the simulator and dont change the movement. Make the new video sync with the current movements of the machine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom