Ride cleanliness

Hank Scorpio

I don't think they look dirty either... but they do look shabby, but then wouldn't anything after hundreds of thousands if not millions of people had sat in them? Even if you cleaned them after every guest had been on the ride, they'd still start to look shabby.

Isn't it about time they rehabbed that attraction anyway?

JasonCajun

I agree, so much could be done with the Star Wars theme that would be better than a motion simulator.

Lots of tourist trap type places now have motion simulators. Disney could do much better with these rides.

AndyMagic

At least Star Tours is still fun to ride and doesn't look as dated due to the theme. Body Wars just screams 80's and in over 13 years, Disney hasn't done anything to improve it. Why are people saying those seats are clean?? Then what is that horribly nasty rust-like gunk in between the seats and around all the seatbelts? :hurl:

mkymaus

Account Suspended
I stay away from both of those rides cause of the dated material in them. They really dont interest me nor my teen kids anymore. They need some serious updating. Just look at Universal, see how they have kept up with their new movies and themes...they just keep pumping them out...I think that too is the reason Disney is losing visitors...they are all now going to Universal cause they dont live in the 80's!:mad:

celestia

I agree on star tours in major need of being rehabbed. Last time i went on it part of the seat fell off, and after the ride, i noticed the same thing had happened to other seats but they were just ductapped back together in some places!

Dayma

Just look at Universal, see how they have kept up with their new movies and themes...they just keep pumping them out...I think that too is the reason Disney is losing visitors...they are all now going to Universal cause they dont live in the 80's!

HUH?

Jaws - 1975
ET - 1982
T2 - 1991
Back to the Future - 1985
King Kong - 1976
Earthquake - 1974
Woody Wood - ?? not in the last 20 years.
Twister - 1996
MIB - 1997

Seems to me that these are quite old. Hard to compare MGM and Universal based on this and say that:

see how they have kept up with their new movies and themes

Just my opinion because I like Universal but I cant agree with you on your above statements.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by blackride
HUH?

Jaws - 1975
ET - 1982
T2 - 1991
King Kong - 1976
Earthquake - 1974
Twister - 1996
MIB - 1997

Seems to me that these are quite old. Hard to compare MGM and Universal based on this and say that:

Just my opinion because I like Universal but I cant agree with you on your above statements.
I think the poster meant that Universal is constantly updating their attractions. Hanna Barbara closed, was replaced with Jimmy Neutron, Hitchock theatre closed, Shrek 4-D opened, Kong became a little dated, Mummy will replace it. I don't think the poster was talking about Universal's actual movies.

Dayma

Kong became a little dated, Mummy will replace it

When is this happening? What is the Mummy ride going to be like?

Also too bad they made Kong like the remake of the movie which was horrible!

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by blackride
HUH?

Jaws - 1975
ET - 1982
T2 - 1991
King Kong - 1976
Earthquake - 1974
Twister - 1996
MIB - 1997

Sponge Bob, Islands of Adventure......riverwalk......I havent been to Universal in many, many years...but from what I read, they are way more up to date than Disney...now dont get me wrong, I LOVE DISNEY...but lets fix the broken things before we build new things.

Originally posted by mkymaus
Sponge Bob, Islands of Adventure......riverwalk......I havent been to Universal in many, many years...but from what I read, they are way more up to date than Disney...now dont get me wrong, I LOVE DISNEY...but lets fix the broken things before we build new things.

Fix? Disney just closes the rides and builds new ones...i think its better that way. They remove what doesn't work and put in things that do. The difference between Disney and Universal...Universal doesn't have the space disney does to leave rides open, so they are forced to CONSTANTLY renew and redux rides. Disney can just fix them, and open a new park...

Dayma

I also think that Disney pushes the envelope with its new rides and trys to create unique things which takes them a lot longer to get made. M:S for example is something completly new never been seen before.

Universal has a lot easier time because all the rides that I have been on our re hashes of older rides. This is not to say that they are not fun it just means that I think they can put rides into production quicker if the technology is already there. Does anyone else think this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom